Where Are The Pictures?

Guest Strangenstein

2) You know as well as I do that a "better quality" photo would be even MORE derided as "suit", "Photoshop hoax", etc by the "skeptics".

Try me. I would love to see some nice, clear bigfoot photos. If the Jacobs' photos taught us anything, it's that we should be able to catch a bigfoot on a game cam.

Try me. I would love to see some nice, clear bigfoot photos. If the Jacobs' photos taught us anything, it's that we should be able to catch a bigfoot on a game cam.

I second the notion

^The legends, as newspaper stories going back well into the 19th century that have been made available show, did NOT "start in the Northwest".

Right, the 1875 Daily Mining Gazette did not have enough readership to get the legend rolling.

That is my point Mulder.

The Late 1960's to Early 1970's with Wallace, Patterson, Green, and others promoting Bigfoot non-stop in the PNW, was the impetus for the Bigfoot legend taking off. Once the story went national, the sightings started to increase all over the country.

Edited by Drew

If BF was taken seriously by the science community, then grant money would be released to fund expeditions into the Pacific Northwest. With enough money and armies of primate biologist flooding the area with all of the best camera equipment, then we would see quality BF pictures. We are in the dark ages of BF study much like astronomers were who proposed the earth was round during the dark ages in Europe, and this could land one in jail. Primate PHD candidates who focus on BF, are probably quietly shuffled out of the program.

Below is a BF picture from the Redwoods Video. Hack away........

post-447-018261800 1284995012_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgerm

Guest parnassus

If BF was taken seriously by the science community, then grant money would be released to fund expeditions into the Pacific Northwest. With enough money and armies of primate biologist flooding the area with all of the best camera equipment, then we would see quality BF pictures. We are in the dark ages of BF study much like astronomers were who proposed the earth was round during the dark ages in Europe, and this could land one in jail. Primate PHD candidates who focus on BF, are probably quietly shuffled out of the program.

Below is a BF picture from the Redwoods Video. Hack away........

Don't you think its a little ironic that you're arguing, in effect, that it was the scientists who had figured out that the earth was round well before the Dark Ages, and that the scientists are now not taking bigfoot seriously? Do you not see the parallel between believing in a flat earth and believing in bigfoot?

Don't you think its a little ironic that you're arguing, in effect, that it was the scientists who had figured out that the earth was round well before the Dark Ages, and that the scientists are now not taking bigfoot seriously? Do you not see the parallel between believing in a flat earth and believing in bigfoot?

I see your point.

Let's refine this more. We had two camps of scientist..........the flat earth boys and the round earth boys or the bright and the dull. It took the other camp awhile to wake up as is with today.

So where are the pictures? They are out there waiting to be taken.

Guest rockinkt

I see your point.

Let's refine this more. We had two camps of scientist..........the flat earth boys and the round earth boys or the bright and the dull. It took the other camp awhile to wake up as is with today.

So where are the pictures? They are out there waiting to be taken.

No...to be more precise - we had the educated people (scientists etc.) in the world who knew that the earth was round - then we had the ignorant religious bigots who knew nothing useful opposing them - and then we had the uneducated ignorant, superstitious people who refused to listen to the scieintists and more learned amongst them.

People who knew and studied mathematics were well aware that the earth was round that its circumference was measured (with amazing accuracy considering the crude equipment used) in 240 BC by Eratosthenes.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Eratosthenes

People who engaged in commerce and who used navigation on the ocean and seas were also well aware that the world was not flat. However - it was wise to keep such knowledge to oneself to avoid competition and mutiny.

Edited by rockinkt

Interesting and thanks for the precise history.

My point is we have so called scientist who are like the religious bigots who refuse to hear testimaony about the existence of BF. What do you think happens to PHD candidates who propose to do paper on BF or who ask for grant money to fund field research?

So where are the pictures of BF? Below is a report of a BF dashing from tree to tree while stalking a lady. Getting pictures of such an animal that really works hard at concealment is much more difficult than shooting pictures of other animals that just stand there like deer do. BF is probably the most intelligent animal in the woods of the Pacific Northwest by a huge margin, and they use their minds to remain hidden from humans IMHO. This makes them very hard to find and photgraph.

OBSERVED: About 11 years ago, my fiance and I had a cabin on Mt. Hood in Oregon state. We were in the roofing business and I was sorting out some cedar shakes outside the cabin. I had my Rottweiler tied to a tree. She started growling and looking towards the forest. I looked up and saw something big and hairy step from tree to tree. They

have huge cedars in there. It did not register at first what I was seeing, so I yelled for whatever was in there to leave or I would turn the dog loose. It stepped behind another tree and kept doing so repeatedly.

I finally called my kids and told them to come out and keep an eye on this thing while I got my work done. (I usually have a Mossberger seni-auto matic shotgun - I did not this day). It was moving in closer and then my boyfriend pulled up and it was gone. It was then that I realized it wasn't a bear we were watching.

by the way, a new species of gibbon was discovered in the jungles of southeast asia,nice clear picture at AFP.

Interesting that they singled it out from the other species of Gibbon by it's vocalizations first, then by genetics.

Right, the 1875 Daily Mining Gazette did not have enough readership to get the legend rolling.

That is my point Mulder.

The Late 1960's to Early 1970's with Wallace, Patterson, Green, and others promoting Bigfoot non-stop in the PNW, was the impetus for the Bigfoot legend taking off. Once the story went national, the sightings started to increase all over the country.

No, they started to be reported more often. There are lots of "all the 'old timers and locals talk about it' reports out there. Prior to the big publicity flap of the 60s, these stories simply stayed local.

I might have found the costume used. I darkened one. http://undeadmonsters.com/

Check it out.

What proof is there that a costume was used?

ETA: I took both the raw pic and the clean pic of the costume, matched scale and orientation and did a tranparent overlay...admittedly there is a fair resemblance, but would a BF costume that was based on an accurate description of BF NOT look like a BF?

Edited by Mulder

No, because even the ancients knew that the world was likely round.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2002-01/1012504968.Sh.r.html

The Greek certainly did at a minimum. The whole "Dark Ages people thought the Earth was flat" thing was and remains a made up bit of "historical trivia" that certain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

What proof is there that a costume was used?

It's just another BF photo and there is not proof either way. At first I thought the picture was real but after finding the BF costume that alomost matches the BF's head, now I wonder.

So where are the pictures?

With the event of photoshop, any still picture will probably be doubted forever unless taken by a trust worthy source.