Where Are The Pictures?

Guest Strangenstein

What about this pic?

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=26460

I hate to be a one-trick pony by bringing this case up again, but it's not everyday someone claims to snap a pic right up against a sasquatch's mug.

There was a long thread about this photo on the old BFF and a number of people said it looks exactly like a gorilla suit that's on the market, someone even supplied a photo of the suit, IIRC, and there was a close correlation. Not saying it's a suit, but it could be. That is, BTW, one of the more convincing photos around, but the suit sure looked similar.

And as for Sas's question, many would answer that Bigfoot innately avoids anything human as a survival mechanism. But how would they know it's human unless they can pick up the smell, which I guess is possible, if metal holds scent.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Allowing for the ability to know it's there, why would a bigfoot avoid it?

Saskeptic, if we knew why they avoided the cams, we could compensate and the cams would have the pics. We can only guess at the why and begin the trial and error of experimentation. I have read a few places that some beleive the creatures can hear the sound of the electronics, some beleive they can smell the chemical makeup of the cam housing. I just don't know the answer. Some will argue of course the reason for no trail cam pics is because the creatures do not exist, but I know they do exist so there's another reason in the mix somewhere. Chris B.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I have never bought the "they know the cameras are there and what the cameras are for" bit.

I happen to think that sas is an animal in every sense of the word. As far as Chris's living

room, look at deer, you can stick a feeder in their living room and those idiots will

keep coming at 730am even as you fill your freezer with thier friends. (thank goodness)

I would think the only time a sas would notice a camo'd camera is when it went off

and possibly flashed them, then they would get ps'd and smash the camera, but I dont

think it would deter them from the area. Now you showing up regularly to check said

camera would indeed deter them. If they do "know" the camera is there, it must be their

sense of smell, the same way bears find cameras and try to eat the plastic off em.

I think most sightings are young that have been kicked out of the family group by the

dominant male, what do I base this on? Nothing other than thats what I think. However,

that leads to the question, "Where are these family groups?" :blink:

if I knew I would tell yall.

dav

That's a good post Dav but you compare the intellect of a deer to that of a sas, I think the higher primate would posess better problem solving skills than the deer. The creatures seem pretty smart, hence a deer may not plan ahead to avoid being sighted by you, but these creatures certainly do. Chris B.

Actually Chris I dont think the comparison is too far off. Animal to animal, deer will

and do avoid you, whereas not "plan", but instinctually (sp) they will avoid an area

you/I have contaminated. Its the dumb ones that keep coming to the feeder. We need

more stupid sasquatches

I dont know if I agree with the "higher primate intellect", based simply off observing

other higher primates, i.e. us. Look at some of the brilliantly idiotic decisions we

make. :D

I just have an issue with an animal/sasquatch looking at a tree, seeing the strap holding the

camera on, and "thinking" SON OF A B^%$H! Thats a flippin camera I gotta move outta

here!

good discussion Chris B)

dav

Do Most people when they are hiking in the backwoods have their cameras on and ready to snap a pic at a moments notice? It is annoying carrying your camera out all the time. When I'm backpacking I try to but it gets annoying and also drains your batteries.

I have seen bears three times now and twice I didn't have time to get a pic and the third time I got blurry pics because of the low light. For most people I just don't think they have the presence of mind to get a pic especially with the excitement of seeing a supposedly mythological creature before their eyes.

And once again the "skeptics" want to have it both ways: there should be pictures of BF, but there aren't, so no BF. That there ARE pictures of BF being taken is irrelevant, because they are not "good" pictures. As if everybody in the woods was Ensel Adams armed with half a million dollars worth of professional photographers' gear... :rolleyes:

Guest RattleSnakeWillie

Game camera in the wild have increased dramatically but they are to widely placed. I would like to see a group of game camera owners get together and cover a Hot area with a good coverage of cameras to increase the possibility of catching one of these elusive smart creatures.

Take the new cameras out in the sun and covered lenses and ir detectors and let the VOC gas off to reduce the possibility of BF smelling the plastic.

Just my 2 cents....

That there ARE pictures of BF being taken is irrelevant, because they are not "good" pictures.

The fact that they're not good enough to say that they are pictures of real bigfoots makes the point highly relevant. Why don't we have anything like this?

Javan rhinos are way more rare than bigfoots (estimated ~ 60 in the wild). They live in really isolated and inhospitable locations (much more so than the outskirts of Oklahoma City) and they have been hunted by humans for a long time, reinforcing their intense shyness around anything human. The fact that game cams get photos like these (just one example among dozens in which really rare and elusive animals are clearly caught on film) is really damning for bigfootery. No way around it.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

The fact that they're not good enough to say that they are pictures of real bigfoots makes the point highly relevant. Why don't we have anything like this?

Javan rhinos are way more rare than bigfoots (estimated ~ 60 in the wild). They live in really isolated and inhospitable locations (much more so than the outskirts of Oklahoma City) and they have been hunted by humans for a long time, reinforcing their intense shyness around anything human. The fact that game cams get photos like these (just one example among dozens in which really rare and elusive animals are clearly caught on film) is really damning for bigfootery. No way around it.

That Rhino pic looks fake to me. :lol: Chris B.

How many hunters are in tree stands with Video Cameras? Thousands?

Why no Bigfoot footage? Is Bigfoot the only animal in the world that doesn't screw up?

It never walks into a trail cam FOV

It never walks in front of a hunter with a Mossberg

It never darts in front of a Peterbilt

It never mis-steps and falls from a precarious ledge

It never gets surprised at close range by a Bigfoot hunter blaring sounds and carrying a nightvision camera

What about mentally challenged Bigfoot? or Bigfoots born with defects? In breeding and all due to low population density.

Why doesn't one of those specimens end up stuck in a barn unable to find the door?

Why doesn't THIS happen to just one Bigfoot?

Edited by Drew

Since you are a higher primate yourself, you should hear the anti-sasquatch

alarm go off, that all game cam companys secretly embed into their products to keep

us from getting pictures.

:blink:

dav

Edited by DavSquatch

How would you know if you had?

Um, well, can't you just see a game cam? :P

Still curious, has anyone ever found one?

Edited by norcallogger