Crowlogic

The Actual Developing Of The Pgf

Backdoc

Could a mechanism exist where the film could get developed in a fast turn around? Sure, but only if Roger or his associates personally knew someone very high up at the Kodak Lab in Palo Alto Ca . This would require that the massive processing plant be specially opened on a Saturday to process one roll of film. But Roger didn't do that, In his own words he stated that he "took it to a private lab" because he was afraid it might get stolen. 

Old Mort,

I think these are Q worth asking so I have no problem with exploring them. I thank you for your input.  As far as Roger goes, Roger did not take the film to some lab be it private or public did he?  They just mailed it?  That has been my understanding.  The next he saw it was in a roll of film to be viewed.  Roger might be reporting what was his understanding or what he was told or what he misunderstood. 

Not making excuses, but this does not seem like a stretch to me. 

Also, if Roger was asked later he might have said this based on his understanding.  It could mean Roger just thought a favor = a private lab when a favor was really just a fast turn around.

Finally, Roger did not know what he had on the film (if Gimlin was to be believed) but must have reasoned right from the start the film was valuable if he caught Bigfoot on film.  Can't blame him for that.

BD

PBeaton

If the guy worked at the Kodak lab, an you're tryin' to protect him for doin you the favor of the rush job, are you goin to tell folks where he works ???

Does anyone know if the Kodak lab wasn't up an runnin all week end long  ? What were the labs hours ? When backed up, bein' the only joint proccesin such film, did they work week ends ?

Backdoc,

Agreed, kitakaze does it...no problem...Patterson does it...kitakaze tosses out the provenance card !   ;)

Crowlogic

Bob Gimlin should know where they had the film processed.   I have vague memory of him saying it was taken to some town in California to get sent in for processing. 

SWWA,

Gimlin and Roger took the film to be air-mailed at an airport which has been said to be 'Miller's field'.

We cannot prove when they took the film but the date it was processed has to be on the film.  The date of processing is on every piece of film developed.   Any copy would have its own processing date.     Now we have people saying it was not even taken in California when they were there.    We have photos taken years later that can be corroborated with the film down to individual trees.     I suppose we are supposed to believe that someone recreated the P/G site in California to match the film created earlier in WA?   Moved around trees and selected them to match a normal growth rate?   I suppose next we will be told it was all done on a sound stage in Hollywood.     Unreal!   Talk about a stretch.    Why is it so important for you skeptics to discredit the film?   It has little bearing on the existence of BF today.   It can be totally fake and yet BF exists.   Get it?      

Woah slow down pardner!  The point in question is the unique nature of developing  Kodak Kodachrome movie film.   As I've already stated if it was simple color film Roger had an almost sky is the limit amount of choices to get it developed.  However the film required the services of Kodak.  Proponents are quick to support Roger's story but they can't explain how Roger's secret lab managed to do what only Kodak could do.  I dunno there are too many oddities in Roger's doings and this one amounts to a cover up of when the film was actually processed.  There was no need suspect Kodak of stealing the film but a huckster who wheels and deals just might be paranoid enough to suspect a grand old company like Kodak.  As far as improprieties go Roger's claimed developer boy went behind the bosses back and Roger failed to return the rental camera.  Pretty classy guys hey?

Crowlogic

If the guy worked at the Kodak lab, an you're tryin' to protect him for doin you the favor of the rush job, are you goin to tell folks where he works ???

Does anyone know if the Kodak lab wasn't up an runnin all week end long  ? What were the labs hours ? When backed up, bein' the only joint proccesin such film, did they work week ends ?

Backdoc,

Agreed, kitakaze does it...no problem...Patterson does it...kitakaze tosses out the provenance card !   ;)

Pat there's some info around that tells of the developing plant's schedule.  If I recall it shut down after second shift Friday and maintenance was performed over the weekends and the plant was restarted Sunday night to have it ready for Monday first shift.  It took a certain amount of time to get it all back up to operating temperatures.  It was not something that could be stopped and started quickly.

OldMort

Backdoc,

Pat, Kodak in Palo Alto was always closed on weekends. The only time that the lab I worked at was ever open on a Saturday was the Saturday after Christmas every year because of extra high volume. Mid to late October would certainly not be a high volume time for any lab in California, including Kodak. And again, there was no other Kodak Lab north of the SF bay area at that time.

• Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

^^

You seem to live for Conspiracy ... but not during all those years when you believed the film to be real. Go figure!    :crazy:

The time line is what it is and the film got developed before Sunday. The place I went to said they were the ones who developed that film. The point isn't really  whether they did or not - the film and track-way was made after Laverty walked over the site and before Roger left Saturday when the storms came. There is enough visual landmarks to know where the event occurred. The plane ride bought the time needed to get the job done - all it took was a contact to actually do it so it could be shown Sunday which it was. That is probably where DeAtley came into play.

By the way - when I was there - the guy offered to sell me any or all of the Kodachrome II film they had left which was around a dozen or more reels.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Crowlogic

I seem to know when it's time to stop playing Woods & Wildmen.  So did you find bigfoot today Bigfoothunter?

PBeaton

^

Went straight to Laptops an Crazymen !

Bigfoothunter

I seem to know when it's time to stop playing Woods & Wildmen.  So did you find bigfoot today Bigfoothunter?

I have posted several times in various threads that I am in Illinois seeking treatment for my back. And even if I were not, your response would be a moot point when it came to the time line in question. It appears that when you have nothing of substance to add (which is an ongoing occurrence with you) you attempt to distract with a catch-phrase that has no relevancy to the discussion. Rhetoric can only get you so far.

Bigfoothunter

Bigfoot Hunter, the Forde Lab which you visited with "Valenti" processed the copies of the PGF and had nothing to do with the original processing, but I think you know that! Let me repost the facts again in case you missed them the first time around:

What "guy" did you talk to during your visit BigfootHunter? The owner of Forde Motion Picture Lab in Seattle, Rich Vedvick, is on record in Long's book as stating that they did indeed do some copy work for Patterson using the original film. That fact is not in dispute. They did not, however, have anything to do with developing that original film. He states that it had to be developed in Palo Alto. "There was nobody up here doing Kodachrome, 16mm, or Super 8 at the time." The owner of the other major photo lab in Seattle at the time, Alpha Cine, is in agreement, stating that "If it was Kodachrome, it had to be done by Kodak." and that "The technology didn't exist in the Northwest."

Again, which "guy" did you talk to?

Too many years ago to remember his name or to remember if I ever asked for it. I do remember him saying that they developed the film there and this guy was present when it was first seen there. But like I told Crowlogic, there is a narrow window of time from the time period Laverty says he walked over the site when no tracks were present to the time Patterson was forced to leave the area and go home due to the rains that came. It would be fair to say less than 24 hrs.  It would even be fair to say that the same window was less than 10 hours before nightfall came in Bluff Creek at the film site and yet the film had been developed in time to be projected on Sunday. The point being that someone developed it on 10/21/1967. Regardless of whether someone would have a reason to deny having developed the film - someone did do just that in that narrow window of time.

SWWASAS

I have to retract a statement I made earlier after doing some personal research.   I just happen to have super 8 Kodacolor movies taken in 1967 and found them this morning.   I stated previously that they have the processing date on the movie.     They do not.    I can see nothing on the movie that dates them.     I do not know if that applies to 16MM Kodacolor movies also.      Anyway I wanted to set the record straight at least for what I have previously stated.      I must have been thinking about film negatives with regard to the date.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 2

Backdoc

What Roger really knew:

I still would like to know how much Roger would even know about the development of the film.  He mailed to be developed and didn't see it again until it was in a finished form. 

If it was a Hoax:

If it was a hoax it could have been developed at nearly any time.  They are in complete control of when the film is developed.  They would take the film and get it developed in some usual manner so this would not be controversial.  Why choose a controversial way.  They had time to get their story straight.  Skeptics assume they slipped up.  If they developed the film in some usual manner they must have found out quickly Kodak was closed on Saturday or whatever barriers existed.  You would think they factored this into any story or timeline. 

BD

Edited by Backdoc

MrSkwatch

As I see it, there are a couple of possibilities to get the film developed. DeAtley had money. People with money meet other people with money that have connections. DeAtley could have made arangments with people with shady backgrounds. Illegal films were developed somewhere. I believe an "underground" lab could have existed. 

Another possibility is if DeAtely had time on Friday night to contact someone to keep the machines warm and ready to run until the film gets there. I only consider these possible because of DeAtely's involvement. Without him, I would have more red flags about how it was done.

• Upvote 1

Martin

If it was a hoax it could have been developed at nearly any time.  They are in complete control of when the film is developed.  They would take the film and get it developed in some usual manner so this would not be controversial.  Why choose a controversial way.  They had time to get their story straight.  Skeptics assume they slipped up.  If they developed the film in some usual manner they must have found out quickly Kodak was closed on Saturday or whatever barriers existed.  You would think they factored this into any story or timeline. 

BD

There could be many reasons for the mix up on the development timeline.

Events could have been put in motion that conflicted with the actual timeline. The story in the Eureka paper could have already went to print or the unveiling could have been schedule before anyone realized it was an impossible timeline. There are many possibilities.

The reason doesn't even have to be nefarious. Say for example Patterson quoted the wrong date by accident to the paper. It would be easier to stick with the original story than contradict yourself when you knew the reception was going to be iffy at best.

I can easily imagine Roger in his excitment/nervousness speaking out hastily not knowing that the film couldn't be developed on such short notice.

Crowlogic

What Roger really knew:

I still would like to know how much Roger would even know about the development of the film.  He mailed to be developed and didn't see it again until it was in a finished form. 

If it was a Hoax:

BD

But why do it that way?  Well Roger could grandstand, it was more exciting and likely he didn't know about the special handling of Kodachrome.  Few people did Including me and I used the stuff when it was still made.  Nothing about it adds up as a real event.  But as a planned hoax it works like a charm.

Edited by Crowlogic