Why Are The Pgf Detractors So Persistent?

xspider1

Despite the plethora of evidence indicating that the Patterson-Gimlin film subject is a real animal and not a person in a costume, there are those who spend countless hours trying to convince others that the film is a hoax, to little or no avail.  Why do they do that?

• Upvote 2
kitakaze

Because there is a plethora of evidence indicating that the Patterson-Gimlin film was a hoax.

Provenance, impossible timeline, for a start...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/53386-the-actual-developing-of-the-pgf/

And every person posting in that thread thus far was at one point a believer.

That should register as avail. It will not.

• Upvote 1
Gotta Know

To admit the film is real is to accept that another bipedal species lives among us. Or, we among them, depending on how you choose to look at it. One doesn't have to accept all of it (supernatural implications), but even as a pure biological being it's just too much for some. And certainly inconvenient on many societal--and financial--levels.

The PGF film is the proverbial line in the sand that must not be crossed.

• Upvote 2
xspider1

And every person posting in that thread thus far was at one point a believer.

All 3?   :biggrin:  The film got developed somehow so the 'impossible timeline' is a dead-end.  There was no reason for anyone to lie about that.

PBeaton

Fundamentalist I-talk-at-you behaviour should be treated as social herpes.

That should register as avail. It will not.

Oh look...more I-talk-at-you-social-herpes !

Even kitakaze's buddy Heironimus said the film was filmed Oct 20th, his reason for takin the suit so it wouldn't be discovered when they went to town to tell of their encounter.

• Upvote 1
Patterson-Gimlin

I can answer that .  The film is ambigious.  The biggest  problem with the film is   no  follow up evidence.    I am a scienticst.  I am intrigued by the film.  The problem  I have is the lack of evidence   sense. 

BobbyO
SSR Team

A desire to show that they're superior to others and "know" more.

An unwavering need to be "above" others where intelligence is concerned.

A craving for "Me, My, I" in absolutely all aspects of life.

For the most extreme detractors detractors of course, this is a high level of insecurity that coincides with mental illness even though they go through life highly likely not even knowing this.

The rest of us see it from afar of course, but it's those around them closest that feel the full force unfortunately for them.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 4
Guest Crowlogic

In no small part because the PGF was and has always been a dead end regarding other proof and evidence for the existence of bigfoot.

SweatyYeti

In no small part because the PGF was and has always been a dead end regarding other proof and evidence for the existence of bigfoot.

Well, what was the PGF supposed to do...."be fruitful and multiply"??? :wacko:

• Upvote 1
Guest Crowlogic

Actually Sweaty you sort of hit the nail on the head.  You see with the PGF we have the tale of a dedicated hunter who in the space of a few years completes his goal of documenting the animal of his search.  He does this on the proverbial shoestring and he does it reasonably well at face value.  The idea of "apes among us here in North America explodes and soon we have the beast all over te place.  Groups and organizations are formed to document it, books get written, movies are made and soon the crypto world has bigfoot on the brain.  But the first wave of possibility eventually falters and all but peters out as first years roll by then decades pass and the only thing to show for it are more areas claiming to have the thing while reasonable proof remains forever out of reach.   How a subject like bigfoot can mushroom into a nationwide interest with "researchers" in virtually all of the states and come up perpetually empty handed can most reasonably explained by the nonexistence of bigfoot.  Like it or not the fuel that keeps the thing going is essentially ever more clever excuses for us not being able to apprehend it.  Most recently bigfoot has acquired paranormal properties and connections which place it beyond mortal grasp.  The question needs to be asked why bigfoot?  Why should bigfoot become paranormal on account of our inability to prove it?  Why didn't the Snow Leopard get tagged with paranormal abilities since it's so hard to find?   In bigfoot there is this moving goalpost where proponents create novel constructs to allow the existence of their passion to remain out of reach but still real.  Now I haven't touched upon the bigfoot hoax aspect since the preposterous spread of the thing and perpetual failure of proponents to prove it.  But we need to go back again to Roger Patterson's time and look at the activities of his cohorts.  We have Ray Wallace who pretty much single handed brought bigfoot to the world.  And we have Ivan Marx who proceeded to make a series of hoax films and tracks.   Roger was not in good company and the modality of the descendants of that company continued to operate at the same level of "reality" in each and every major bigfoot event that's come along since.  The tradition of hoax and scam continues to this day.  However the most telling aspect to this is the total lack of solid indisputable evidence.  After half a century we're still without anything better than a motley collection of often fake plaster casts.  Also face it there is no reasonable graphic evidence and no laboratory science to lend credence to Roger's film being of a real animal that leaves in it's wake or demise truly testable evidence.   At the end of the day nothing about bigfoot adds up.  Not the very first recorded tracks, not the creation of the PGF and most certainly not the 5 decades of non evidence since.  Once all excuses and pretense are dropped there is nothing to bigfoot except myth making.  

Let me add to JDL's pro PGF post.  He states that only one person could have made the suit.  No there is no reason who more than one person could have been involved making the suit.  He misses the concept that the PGF is a hoax and a great one.  Great hoaxes are not designed to leave a trail of evidence.  We keep demanding the suit but a hoax suit is best destroyed after the hoax.  We have a half century to look back on and weigh it against the probability of the PGF being real.  I'll add yet again we are 100% without credible proof that bigfoot exists.

Edited by Crowlogic
Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

What proverbial shoe-string did you did you use when you were posting for years that the PGF was real?  Back then you didn't have to misstate the record or make up scenarios that never existed. But as a skeptic ... you have done those things.

OldMort

For me, being unconvinced about the authenticity of the PGF doesn't negate the possibility that these creatures could indeed exist. It's an intriguing topic that requires a questioning intellect and an open mind.

• Upvote 2
  • gigantor unlocked this topic