xspider1

Why Are The Pgf Detractors So Persistent?

Guest Crowlogic

Are they all delusional?  Are they all liars? 

Ahh, and this is the point.  For you to be correct, all the sightings in all of history MUST be:

-mistaken identity

-hoaxing

-delusional

-cultural 

The same is said about all there footprints in all of history would have to be the same.

I asked you before what you would say to someone who came forward as an eyewitness to what they thought was an eye witness event of an encounter with Bigfoot.  

I would ask you:  

Are they all delusional?  Are they all liars? 

It makes sense to me if Bigfoot is real the PNW would be bigfoot country.  Bigfoot is more likely to exist in the PNW vs Times Square NY.

Yes the sightings are comprised of the list you put in your post.  People claim to see something that does not exist.  Since it does not exist it is one of the things you mention.  I agree 100% with your list.   What would I say to a person who claimed a bigfoot sighting?  I'd tell them that I'm sure they believe what they saw but that I don't believe that they saw it.

PBeaton

^

I'm sure you believe you'd say that...but I don't believe you'd actually say that.

;)

JDL

You guys ever heard of the self-licking ice cream cone?

It keeps convincing itself that it tastes great, but it's the only one tasting.

• Upvote 1

xspider1

:rofl:

Very funny, JDL.  There seem to be several flavors of that ice cream around here, all of them skeptic!

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

Sounds like you want to play the game of Pete and Re-peat. However, I am quite satisfied that you choose to be confused over the context that Gimlin gave his answer to. 

Nothing is confusing about the context. You've shown it yourself...

Green%20interview%20of%20Bob%20Gimlin_zp

What Al's role was and what Gimlin himself provided. He makes clear that that included his own horse amongst the things that were his part of the trip.

If Roger provided the horses and he had nothing to do with that aspect of the trip, there is no way he should be including a horse in the list of things he provided for himself.

You are the last person who needs to be trying to figure out what someone is thinking or why they say what they do - especially have said that BS about flood plains being creeks and making excuses for sand looking white as snow comment Heironimus made despite spending all that time looking at the sand without a head piece on.

Green understood Gimlin - Gimlin understood Green. What was clear to everyone (but you) was the question that pertained to what DeAtley financed. Gimlin was correct is what he said - DeAtley didn't finance squat for how Gimlin got to Bluff Creek - what he ate while there - or what Bob used to get around the mountains while there.

You are too smart to get away with pretending to be so confused on this one. Sorry - No Woodsmen - moles - or trolls to be played here. I compare your continuing to attempt to salvaged that nonsense to someone like Homer Simpson desperately trying to hang onto a few hairs so to give the impression that he is not totally bald.

Homer_zpsd9nr9qmb.jpg
Edited by Bigfoothunter

kitakaze

Gimlin made clear what he was responsible for, what he provided for himself. His truck, the fuel, his own food and equipment. He repeatedly included his own horse.

And then he changed his story once it became known exactly who was the owner of that horse - Bob Heironimus.

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

Clarified, Kitakaze - clarified. Ironic that you make such bogus excuses for the contradictions of Heironimus, but pretend to be so confused over Gimlin. But then again you have said you are on a mIssion and that we should not take your word for anything.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

kitakaze

I have no confusion over Gimlin's context. It is crystal clear - what was he responsible for and what did he himself provide for the trip to Bluff Creek. Truck, fuel, food, equipment - yes. Under no conceivable context can he include a horse which he later stated was completely Patterson's responsibility.

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

Maybe you'd see it better if you were not wearing sunglasses.  :)   

73defc80-cefa-45a8-ab4f-e22f834607cc_zps

Green mentioned DeAtley only financing Roger and not financing Bob at all. Gimlin was correct in the response he gave to context of that particular questioning. In that instant, it appears Gimlin had a better grasp on the English language than you have. The definition of the word finance has been supplied here. At this point you should probably show where DeAtley paid to have a horse for Gimlin to use.

Homer2_zpsx7jmbd5v.jpg

Edited by Bigfoothunter

kitakaze

If DeAtley financed Patterson and Patterson provided the horses, there is no context in which Gimlin can say he provided his own horse. 

Green also specifically discussed with Gimlin what he himself provided. Omitting it won't take it away...

Green%20interview%20of%20Bob%20Gimlin_zp

Backdoc

Who paid for what?  Does it matter? First off, Bob Hieronimus in an interview said he stabbed his friends in the back the very next day after the PGF was shot so he is unreliable in what he says.  Roger Patterson according to the skeptics is more crooked than Jesse James.  Yet, these guys can still be the source of info to the skeptics AS LONG AS it fits their narrative.

In my family, we still argue over who paid for what involving some private family matters years ago.

Someone may say, "We took Fred out on our boat this weekend and had a good time"  Fred's version might be, "My friends took me out on their nice boat.  I insisted on providing the Ice, beer, and took them out for dinner afterward as my way of saying thanks"  

With the PGF, some of these things are perspective and memories based on events years after in some cases.  No one involved would think some of this was important at the time.  Most of these things are easily explained to a reasonable person.  In some cases you just have to want to disbelieve common sense to see these smoking guns in the skeptics world.

I have hired a family member to do work on my house as he was out of work and needed the money.  I did it because it would help my wife's sister.  Maybe some of DeAlteys efforts were similar.  I know people cut from the same cloth as Gimlin who would not accept charity in any form to a fault.  They pay their own way. In the rare event someone helped them, the chip in by some form in an effort to carry their own weight.

Too much is being made of most of this stuff. 

BD

Edited by Backdoc

Guest Crowlogic

^The common sense extends beyond the PGF.  Common sense requires the entire scope of the mythology.  The PGF requires myopia.  The payoff of the PGF is the same payoff that all of bigfoot lore and evidence has yielded which is nothing.

SWWASAS

What we see with the skeptics is that they carry their own emotional baggage along with them in every evaluation of other people.      They distrust others so assume that no one can be believed or trusted, everyone has some sort of agenda to put something over on the world,   bigfooters are all out for fame and fortune,   and since they have already decided that BF does not exist,  anyone who sees one has to be lying, delusional,  or just plain nuts.      All of that is in some ways understandable but the thing that is not, is that they must imagine themselves as some sort of superhero, self tasked with running around and stamping out the BF believer nonsense.     Why else would they be the most active posters on a BF Web Forum?    Belief one way or the other is personal choice and experience but to try to make everyone else think your way reminds me of the Communist re-education camps in the old Soviet Union who were into thought control.  .  

• Upvote 1

Backdoc

^The common sense extends beyond the PGF.  Common sense requires the entire scope of the mythology.  The PGF requires myopia.  The payoff of the PGF is the same payoff that all of bigfoot lore and evidence has yielded which is nothing.

This shows quite a paradox:  A shallowness which at the same time is deep.

"All Bigfoot lore and evidence" you make as an all inclusive thing.  The diversity of the lore or (what we might lump into as) evidence cannot be combined as it must be taken on a individual level.  It is not all the same, the same sub-sets, the same ranking in terms of evidence potential, an so on.  Heck, just take eye witness testimony. That alone is not created equal.

The fact you make these blanket statements as a regular feature of your postings clearly shows you have made a conclusion bigfoot is not real which is fine. If I made such a certain conclusion, the last place I would be is on the BFF.   For example, I did not spend any time this weekend on the Easter Bunny is Real forums. I am the Easter Bunny for my kids.  I know I am and I am convinced the evidence points in that direction. Therefore, I do not spend one second on the Easter Bunny is Real Forums. 

So what do you get out of being so certain about Bigfoot and yet being a frequent flyer on the BFF? 

Some possibilities include:

1) Enjoying coming onto a forum and getting some joy out of irritating people.  Maybe it is fun to get the goat of people who just don't see the light. After all, you have reviewed all the folklore and all the evidence.

2) Coming on to see how stupid everyone else is to make yourself feel better, smarter, or whatever.

I would like to think it is neither of these things. 

I don't go to the Easter Bunny is Real forums and I assume you don't go there either.  Yet, here you are on the BFF. 

Backdoc

Guest Crowlogic

^I get to sigh in relief that I'm no longer jumping through the hoops bigfooters jump through to maintain belief.  Now then what do you get out of belief in bigfoot?