xspider1

Why Are The Pgf Detractors So Persistent?

xspider1

I've been thinking lately about this notion that Bigfoot necessarily means $$$ for the economy of a given area.  We can probably assume that advertising the presence of Bigfoot does not draw crowds in quite like say, Mickey Mouse does.  I can just imagine a Scoutmaster telling the kids' parents that they're planning a trip to a known Bigfoot hot-spot "in hopes of encountering a big hairy monster" and the parents requesting that they go somewhere else instead.   :stop:

salubrious

Salubrious wrote:

On the face of it, your statement seems false. 

Crow has been making a lot of 'off the wall' statements as of late, Sal. He's basically out-of-control. 

I don't know about that (I have noticed that I've challenged him a number of times and gotten zero response, but that doesn't actually sound like out of control so much as picking his battles), but I do know that I got to see BF and where's the money?? If its all about money I feel cheated :)   Or else I didn't have to pay anything??

Either way, its clearly not about the money.

Martin

I've been thinking lately about this notion that Bigfoot necessarily means $$$ for the economy of a given area. We can probably assume that advertising the presence of Bigfoot does not draw crowds in quite like say, Mickey Mouse does. I can just imagine a Scoutmaster telling the kids' parents that they're planning a trip to a known Bigfoot hot-spot "in hopes of encountering a big hairy monster" and the parents requesting that they go somewhere else instead. :stop:

Google Map Harrison Hot Springs. Go to street view and follow the main road leading into town. Look at all of the Bigfooter businesses. It is just like "Mickey Mouse does" but in a lower budget rural way.

Edited by Martin

SWWASAS

Mike how does someone have one of something in an area unless it just moved in?    To have one you have to have a breeding population someplace.

Crow needs to find some sort of motivation for the mass delusion hypothesis so money is as good as anything.   I often wonder if some of the strange responses we get on the forum are the result of off meds that day,  too much wacky weed,  or too much Kentucky happy juice.    Could be most any reason but sometimes the writing hardly makes sense from a grammar standpoint.   Reminds me of what happens when someone is in a military altitude chamber.   They make you hypoxic so and give you a little work sheet to do while you get that way.    You think you are doing great when you are doing the sheet but when you get oxygen back it it looks like gibberish.      The strangest one here for me was someone critical of their own response to my post and and they seemed to challenge their own response after that then blamed me for all of their responses.  

Never occurred to some that lots of BF businesses and wood carvings in an area might indicate the presence of BF in that area.    You don't exactly see the same in the middle of Nebraska.   My place in on the Oregon coast I can almost throw a rock and hit a Bigfoot restaurant.     BF in Oregon and Washington are part of the culture.   Restaurants, coffee, beer,  carvings,  memorabilia at airports,   the list goes on and on.   I don't have a good read as to what visitors from other areas think about all that but it must sell or they would not have it there to buy.       

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Sweaty off the wall is only off the wall to bigfoot proponents when non proponents put forth things that challenge their beliefs.  Indeed not accepting bigfoot as a real animal is soooooo off the wall when nothing of substence has ever been delivered.  Where's the bio proof after 100+ years of all those credible sightings?  where is is anywhere in the world?  Yes indeed really off the the old wall not buying into the mythology anymore..

Mike how does someone have one of something in an area unless it just moved in?    To have one you have to have a breeding population someplace.

Crow needs to find some sort of motivation for the mass delusion hypothesis so money is as good as anything.   I often wonder if some of the strange responses we get on the forum are the result of off meds that day,  too much wacky weed,  or too much Kentucky happy juice.    Could be most any reason but sometimes the writing hardly makes sense from a grammar standpoint.   Reminds me of what happens when someone is in a military altitude chamber.   They make you hypoxic so and give you a little work sheet to do while you get that way.    You think you are doing great when you are doing the sheet but when you get oxygen back it it looks like gibberish.      The strangest one here for me was someone critical of their own response to my post and and they seemed to challenge their own response after that then blamed me for all of their responses.  

Never occurred to some that lots of BF businesses and wood carvings in an area might indicate the presence of BF in that area.    You don't exactly see the same in the middle of Nebraska.   My place in on the Oregon coast I can almost throw a rock and hit a Bigfoot restaurant.      

Oh well ok and how many of those BF folk art pieces are done just for hoots and hollars?  How many are given away to tourists?  Where is there one free publicly available bigfoot enterprise?  

Martin

Never occurred to some that lots of BF businesses and wood carvings in an area might indicate the presence of BF in that area.    You don't exactly see the same in the middle of Nebraska.   My place in on the Oregon coast I can almost throw a rock and hit a Bigfoot restaurant.     BF in Oregon and Washington are part of the culture.   Restaurants, coffee, beer,  carvings,  memorabilia at airports,   the list goes on and on.   I don't have a good read as to what visitors from other areas think about all that but it must sell or they would not have it there to buy.

The bigfoot flap really kicked in strong when John Green bought Harrison Hot Springs' local paper.

MikeZimmer

For sure, it is just that the reporter seemed to think that there was "Bigfoot", the one an' only. This was my interpretation of the article's phrasing. I think this is a common misunderstanding from those who have not given it more than a minutes thought.

SWWASAS

Crow:  Last year, Carson Washington had a free bigfoot festival in a city park.    Carson is in Skamania county where BF is protected by ordinance.    Cost nothing to get in and hear the speakers and there were lots of activities for kids.     That is one and I am sure there are many more.    I think at times your cynicism shows loud and clear.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

^Here's the rub "free festivals" are invariably designed to bring people into town and to get local residents out and about,  When these festival goers are enjoying the festivities they are buying stuff.  You know food, tee shirts, hats, casts, soda, checking out the local stores. My former community had a giant free street fair every year .  It was free to walk around but anything you wanted to eat or take home cost $$$.  The local merchants relied on the festival.  I can here the city fathers.  So Hank how do you think we can get folks into town?  Oh I dunno maybe a festival will work.  Sure what kind of a festival?  Oh how bout one for that bigfoot thing they keep talking about.  Hey great idea the kids will love it too.

Guest Bigfoothunter

The bigfoot flap really kicked in strong when John Green bought Harrison Hot Springs' local paper.

What newspaper was that , Martin - The Agassiz Observer when John lived in Agassiz?  Is that the Harrison Hot Springs local newspaper you made up out of thin air??

Salubrious wrote:

Crow has been making a lot of 'off the wall' statements as of late, Sal. He's basically out-of-control. 

I recently watched John Oliver's piece on conspiracies and if you watch him lay out this ludicrous conspiracy theory that he knows is off the wall - try to imagine who else you may know that sounds like that.    :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/LastWeekTonight

Supercrow_zpszegsn7cf.jpg

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Martin

Mike how does someone have one of something in an area unless it just moved in? To have one you have to have a breeding population someplace. Crow needs to find some sort of motivation for the mass delusion hypothesis so money is as good as anything. I often wonder if some of the strange responses we get on the forum are the result of off meds that day, too much wacky weed, or too much Kentucky happy juice. Could be most any reason but sometimes the writing hardly makes sense from a grammar standpoint. Reminds me of what happens when someone is in a military altitude chamber. They make you hypoxic so and give you a little work sheet to do while you get that way. You think you are doing great when you are doing the sheet but when you get oxygen back it it looks like gibberish. The strangest one here for me was someone critical of their own response to my post and and they seemed to challenge their own response after that then blamed me for all of their responses. Never occurred to some that lots of BF businesses and wood carvings in an area might indicate the presence of BF in that area. You don't exactly see the same in the middle of Nebraska. My place in on the Oregon coast I can almost throw a rock and hit a Bigfoot restaurant. BF in Oregon and Washington are part of the culture. Restaurants, coffee, beer, carvings, memorabilia at airports, the list goes on and on. I don't have a good read as to what visitors from other areas think about all that but it must sell or they would not have it there to buy.

What newspaper was that , Martin - The Agassiz Observer when John lived in Agassiz? Is that the Harrison Hot Springs local newspaper you made up out of thin air??

Salubrious wrote:

I recently watched John Oliver's piece on conspiracies and if you watch him lay out this ludicrous conspiracy theory that he knows is off the wall - try to imagine who else you may know that sounds like that. :)https://www.youtube.com/user/LastWeekTonight Supercrow_zpszegsn7cf.jpg

Same difference they are only a few miles apart and the paper serves both communities.

http://www.agassizharrisonobserver.com

Edited by Martin

xspider1

Where is there one free publicly available bigfoot enterprise?  

What about the publicly available bigfoot enterprise which has provided a means for you to discuss argue about the Bigfoot phenomenon for free all these years, i.e., bigfootforums.com.  Remember that??

en·ter·prise
noun  1. a project or undertaking, typically one that is difficult or requires effort.

Google Map Harrison Hot Springs. Go to street view and follow the main road leading into town. Look at all of the Bigfooter businesses. It is just like "Mickey Mouse does" but in a lower budget rural way.

Ok, I did that.  In terms of Bigfoot, I mostly just see a lot of statues and so forth setup to provide a free photo-op for visitors.  Harrison Hot Springs is a beautiful place with wonderful scenery, forests and water-ways which I imagine is what primarily draws in the visitors.  There are Bigfoot themed stores and restaurants and so forth, but those are just themes which could just as easily revolve around something else.  I still don't see the presence of Bigfoot in any area as being a big cash cow, at least not yet. 

post-131-0-93581400-1459308872_thumb.jpg

JDL

^It's about generating revenue for the city, not about science or research.  Bigfoot has always been about $$$.

LOL.  Dude.... Everything's about money either directly or indirectly.  I'm sure you have to pay for...... (Insert amusing example).

Edited by JDL

Squatchy McSquatch

He also published his first piece on April 1.

But 'Footers don't want to think about that...

Guest Bigfoothunter

Martin

Same difference they are only a few miles apart and the paper serves both communities.

http://www.agassizharrisonobserver.com

Harrison Hot Springs is also served by the Vancouver Sun Newspaper as well as a few others, so what has that got to do anything, Martin?  Have you ever read the Observer ... if so how does it make the 'Bigfoot flap' kick in?  The observer is a small farm-town newspaper that talks about the immediate area to the immediate Community. If you are looking for garage sales - a place for rent - a job at the diner - or who in the area has recently has dies, then it has a purpose. It doesn't bring the outside world to Harrison Hot Springs. Things that brought the outside world to Harrison Hot Springs was 'The World Class Sand Sculpture Competition'  - Harrison Lake  -  and the Large Resort. So tell me again what did the local small town paper Observer do to bring the world to Harrison Hot Springs and how?

Until I started a touring business there - one would be hard pressed to find anything Sasquatch related being promoted. The local signs had all but vanished. There was the Sasquatch Inn between bar - The Bigfoot Campground - and a long ago mini-golf place called Tug-boat Junction that had a sign that had a cartoon Bigfoot drawn on it. Only once someone was actually on their way into Harrison Hot Springs would they know about any of those things. They sure as heck did not cause anyone from the outside world to say 'Hey - let us go to Harrison Hot Springs to play mini-golf'. The connection to Bigfoot and the outside world came from Books and Documentaries.