xspider1

Why Are The Pgf Detractors So Persistent?

Guest Bigfoothunter

Where is there one free publicly available bigfoot enterprise?  

What about the publicly available bigfoot enterprise which has provided a means for you to discuss argue about the Bigfoot phenomenon for free all these years, i.e., bigfootforums.com.  Remember that??

en·ter·prise
noun  1. a project or undertaking, typically one that is difficult or requires effort.

Google Map Harrison Hot Springs. Go to street view and follow the main road leading into town. Look at all of the Bigfooter businesses. It is just like "Mickey Mouse does" but in a lower budget rural way.

Ok, I did that.  In terms of Bigfoot, I mostly just see a lot of statues and so forth setup to provide a free photo-op for visitors.  Harrison Hot Springs is a beautiful place with wonderful scenery, forests and water-ways which I imagine is what primarily draws in the visitors.  There are Bigfoot themed stores and restaurants and so forth, but those are just themes which could just as easily revolve around something else.  I still don't see the presence of Bigfoot in any area as being a big cash cow, at least not yet. 

attachicon.gifharrison1.jpg

That is exactly right, xspider.  And most of those carvings were made within the last couple of years. None of which put Harrison Hot Springs on the map. It is this kind of nonsense that a select few here put forth at the rate a goose has its bowels move and is why I thought people would like to see the John Oliver piece. It's like looking at a handful of stars and seeing this elaborate artistic image. They take a few old signs - some having been long since gone and they invent a way to promote some coo-coo for coco-puffs notion that these signs made money for Harrison Hot Springs by alluring people there. Just more theories that were made up by people promoting their own agendas. And while Oliver used the Cadbury Easter Egg as the example - the method at which such claims are promoted is born of the same cloth in my view.

http://gizmodo.com/watch-john-olivers-cadbury-creme-egg-conspiracy-theory-1767464649

McSquatch

He also published his first piece on April 1.

But 'Footers don't want to think about that...

Sure - let us think about that by counting all the articles written over the course of all those years that were not in book form. Let us start with the Observer ... how many articles did you count?       :)

Guest Crowlogic

What about the publicly available bigfoot enterprise which has provided a means for you to discuss argue about the Bigfoot phenomenon for free all these years, i.e., bigfootforums.com.  Remember that??

en·ter·prise
noun  1. a project or undertaking, typically one that is difficult or requires effort.

Google Map Harrison Hot Springs. Go to street view and follow the main road leading into town. Look at all of the Bigfooter businesses. It is just like "Mickey Mouse does" but in a lower budget rural way.

Ok, I did that.  In terms of Bigfoot, I mostly just see a lot of statues and so forth setup to provide a free photo-op for visitors.  Harrison Hot Springs is a beautiful place with wonderful scenery, forests and water-ways which I imagine is what primarily draws in the visitors.  There are Bigfoot themed stores and restaurants and so forth, but those are just themes which could just as easily revolve around something else.  I still don't see the presence of Bigfoot in any area as being a big cash cow, at least not yet. 

Oh come on.  up in Willow Creek the bigfoot museum, and that joint that sells bigfoot burgers, (Bobo had one).  Then the sculptors who make the stuff for those scenic photo ops don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts.  They're hired by the community.  Try sculpting a bigfoot statue and putting it out in the town square and see how long it takes for them to fine you.  All that stuff is premeditated to have a desired effect and the desired effect is mostly about tourism dollars.  Bigfoot is a cash cow.  Everything on TV, everything in movies, everything printed and published.  Every so called fantastic bigfoot evidence made by a "research" group is available only by......... wait for it................wait a little more..................... Ok here it is paid subscription.  Even the you tube videos are collecting $$$ from scripts and hits.

BTW enterprise also refers to business.  We in 'Murica have what is referred to a free enterprise system and that refers to our business modality.  Ever heard of free enterprise zones in cities?  They are not about zones to just do difficult stuff.

Edited by Crowlogic

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

That is whacked      f00da011-1b2f-4413-bef6-62e64f261489_zps    The village hired to have a log carving made for the kids and families as something fun to do like having photos taken next to the silly looking Bigfoot. Its good PR. No one pays to stop and get a photo of it. Better go listen to John Oliver Conspiracies again. The Finding Bigfoot Show is why the council did it for the touring families that come there.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

xspider1

Crow - you asked "Where is there one free publicly available bigfoot enterprise?"  You were told about free Bigfoot festivals and then I reminded you that basic access to the BFF has always been FREE.  Now you want to say that Bobo eating a Bigfoot burger constitutes a cash cow?  Question: If Bigfoot burgers weren't available anywhere then do you think people would eat something else?  If you really think that significant numbers of tourists are visiting the Pacific Northwest for no other reason than to look for Bigfoot, you are mistaken.

Edited by xspider1

Guest Crowlogic

^OMG are you really that naive?  Or is this what wearing bigfoot blinders does to people?  Our buddy BH Miller is charging for rides in his bigfoot cart, Finding Biigfoot is a $$$ generator and it's cast are getting paid for it.  Ol' Roger didn't do his film presenting for free.  His Widow doesn't do it for free.  Bill doesn't give his book away.  Neither did Autumn whatshername for Enoch.  Yeah bigfoot isn't about cashing in.  Now then free municipal festivals are not done out of the goodness of the municipality's good heart.  They are about bringing money into the community.  You should have paid more attention in civics class.

xspider1

I didn't say that no one ever made a dime off anything Bigfoot related, I said Bigfoot is no cash cow.  Do you mind if the people you mentioned are able to pay their bills and maybe get themselves a Bigfoot burger along the way as well?  Just because everything ever done regarding Bigfoot wasn't done strictly on a volunteer basis, you are trying to make it all about money.  I guarantee you that most of the research (and the endless hours that some spend arguing about it) is compensated with exactly 0 dollars.  You of all people should know that.

BFH -  That John Oliver conspiracy video was hilarious and yep, it definitely reminds me of some people that I have encountered.  8 )

SWWASAS

Notice that the person (Crow) who questions free bigfoot festivals and the motivations behind them is one of the most frequent posters on this forum yet does not feel in any way obligated to support it with Premium Membership.    

norseman
BFF Donor

en·ter·prise

Oh come on.  up in Willow Creek the bigfoot museum, and that joint that sells bigfoot burgers, (Bobo had one).  Then the sculptors who make the stuff for those scenic photo ops don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts.  They're hired by the community.  Try sculpting a bigfoot statue and putting it out in the town square and see how long it takes for them to fine you.  All that stuff is premeditated to have a desired effect and the desired effect is mostly about tourism dollars.  Bigfoot is a cash cow.  Everything on TV, everything in movies, everything printed and published.  Every so called fantastic bigfoot evidence made by a "research" group is available only by......... wait for it................wait a little more..................... Ok here it is paid subscription.  Even the you tube videos are collecting $$$ from scripts and hits.

BTW enterprise also refers to business.  We in 'Murica have what is referred to a free enterprise system and that refers to our business modality.  Ever heard of free enterprise zones in cities?  They are not about zones to just do difficult stuff.

LOL.....

A cash cow??? I think it can generate some revenue, which I think is great, but a cash cow? No, I dont see people getting rich off of it.

Not any lear jets parked at the willow creek airport, right?

If your motivation is money then your going to pick a more lucrative venue.

Guest Crowlogic

Well bigfooters you do understand that "cash cow" can be used simply as a way of saying "revenue generating"?  Ask Meldrum how much $$$ he's made from being Professor Bigfoot?  Rest assured each and every bigfoot researcher  out there is hoping to score the big one and rest equally assured they are hoping to get a few pesos from it.  Or do we have to use very specific terms like maybe a cash goat they are milking?  

xspider1

Better yet, ask him how much his time spent looking into Bigfoot evidence equates to dollars per hour.

Define cash cow: someone or something that makes a lot of money for a business, organization, etc.

Cash cow is business jargon for a business venture that generates a steady return of profits that far exceed the outlay of cash required to acquire or start it.

Definition of cash cow: Well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow.

Now, there are exceptions to almost every rule, but in 99.99% of all situations, the "Bigfoot business" is a far cry from being any sort of a cash cow.

You do have "the Internet" there, no?

Edited by xspider1

Guest Crowlogic

Notice that the person (Crow) who questions free bigfoot festivals and the motivations behind them is one of the most frequent posters on this forum yet does not feel in any way obligated to support it with Premium Membership.    

Did you notice that you've been 100% unsuccessful in finding bigfoot for all the world to see?  Don't fret you've got a ton of company.  That said since I see your posts up in freebie land I am lead to believe that you are not a premium member either.

Better yet, ask him how much his time spent looking into Bigfoot evidence equates to dollars per hour.

Define cash cow: someone or something that makes a lot of money for a business, organization, etc.

Cash cow is business jargon for a business venture that generates a steady return of profits that far exceed the outlay of cash required to acquire or start it.

Definition of cash cow: Well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow.

Now, there are exceptions to almost every rule, but in 99.99% of all situations, the "Bigfoot business" is a far cry from being any sort of a cash cow.
You do have "the Internet" there, no?

OK you win it's a cash goat.  There are you happy?  So they be milking the bigfoot cash goat.

SWWASAS

Crow:   You are 100% correct in that I have not brought in body for science to recognize the species.     My research objectives do not include that unpleasant task which I leave to someone with the stomach and talent for it.     You seem to be unaware that a color code designates premium members,  of which I am one, and also indicates that you are not.   Premium members can post where they wish.      

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

Crow must be wanting to now take on a leadership role to go along with his uniformed role, and his making up whacked out outlandish theories role.

SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT, on 30 Mar 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:snapback.png

Crowlogic

Did you notice that you've been 100% unsuccessful in finding bigfoot for all the world to see?  Don't fret you've got a ton of company.  That said since I see your posts up in freebie land I am lead to believe that you are not a premium member either.

Is what leads you to think what to believe the same source that led you to believe there was a heel print in a PGF track-way cast or that it was pitch-black out at dawn, Crowlogic?      smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013

Edited by Bigfoothunter

norseman
BFF Donor

Well bigfooters you do understand that "cash cow" can be used simply as a way of saying "revenue generating"?  Ask Meldrum how much $$$ he's made from being Professor Bigfoot?  Rest assured each and every bigfoot researcher  out there is hoping to score the big one and rest equally assured they are hoping to get a few pesos from it.  Or do we have to use very specific terms like maybe a cash goat they are milking?

I take the term cash cow to mean very lucrative. I dont think Meldrum hobnobs with royalty or vacations in Monte Carlo on a regular basis.

Does he get paid for his speaking engagements? Sure. And why not? You seem to be attacking people because they have some sort of income from this subject.......which is a Randism. Your not a Randi disciple are you?

i believe in caveat emptor and free people spending their money on what they dang well please. If thats a Bigfoot burger or hat? I just dont care.

SweatyYeti

^

I think Crow is really onto something, here. :thumbsup: 

Btw....little known...(or cared about)...fact....Cash Cows say...

CashCow1_zps1bzdb6yk.jpg