Why Has No Hunter Ever Shot A Bigfoot?

Guest Silver Fox

Guest Silver Fox

This is the typical argument used by skeptics to deny BF's existence. How come no one has ever shot one? The answer typically is a lot of hemming and hawing on our side. We end up saying dumb things like, "When a hunter sees one, it looks so human that he can't shoot." To which we get ridiculed.

The truth is that it's a stupid question. I document where hunters and other humans with guns have shot and killed BF's 32 times over 125 years in North America. You can argue about the truth of the accounts, but at the very least, there are a lot of stories out there.

In the modern era, hunters seem to be leaving the bodies in the woods or burying them. Hunters seem to be afraid to being prosecuted for manslaughter or homicide for shooting a BF.

Humans will continue to shoot and kill BF's. BF organizations need to develop a plan for the next time someone shoots one.

Article ends with conclusions and recommendations.

Your feedback is very welcome.

This is the typical argument used by skeptics to deny BF's existence. How come no one has ever shot one? The answer typically is a lot of hemming and hawing on our side. We end up saying dumb things like, "When a hunter sees one, it looks so human that he can't shoot." To which we get ridiculed.

The truth is that it's a stupid question. I document where hunters and other humans with guns have shot and killed BF's 32 times over 125 years in North America. You can argue about the truth of the accounts, but at the very least, there are a lot of stories out there.

In the modern era, hunters seem to be leaving the bodies in the woods or burying them. Hunters seem to be afraid to being prosecuted for manslaughter or homicide for shooting a BF.

Humans will continue to shoot and kill BF's. BF organizations need to develop a plan for the next time someone shoots one.

Article ends with conclusions and recommendations.

Your feedback is very welcome.

There are several legendary stories that go around, such as Ape Canyon and another from a old hunter in Canada, where a Sasquatch was shot needlessly. Neither has been discredited. Even more interesting and legitimate are two more recent "Kills", one shot in "Monster Central", the hunters hit it but refused to enter the thick brush it had retreated too apparently. It would have died from blood loss. Another connected to the "Siege at Honobia", one shot, but was drug away by the other members of his group. Adrian Erickson talks often of a more down low account, one was shot in his neck of the woods apparently, by a scared kid if I am not mistaken, David Paulides speaks of a similar ordeal. All are quite credible accounts, but the Siege at honobia one is as good as it gets. Besides, I am sure they get shot more often than we know, we just never find the shooter again. People just disappear in the woods all the time, and something like a Forest Giant could snap even a 300lbs man's neck with about the same effort we peel a banana. Stan was investigating something I remember, a hunter was found with his neck broke sitting under a tree? Stan can you fill us in on that? Feel free to PM :D

And yeah, even if I were crazy/buttheaded enough to try to blow own away for something so stupid as to get them recognized, no way would I be telling anyone about it....My guess is anyone bringing down something this close to a human will get roasted in a heartbeat. What is your defense? You saw something with the outline/that walks like a man and shot it? Good luck buddy...I don't approve.

Guest Silver Fox

And yeah, even if I were crazy/buttheaded enough to try to blow own away for something so stupid as to get them recognized, no way would I be telling anyone about it....My guess is anyone bringing down something this close to a human will get roasted in a heartbeat. What is your defense? You saw something with the outline/that walks like a man and shot it? Good luck buddy...I don't approve.

The first person to shoot and kill one will probably not be prosecuted and will probably be famous. After that, there may well be prosecutions of one sort or another.

I think it is interesting that some hunters may be killed by BF's. I am quite convinced that BF's can and do kill humans. They even get violent at habituation sites. I would not want a BF hanging out near my place. It's basically a wild animal, unpredictable and dangerous. You never know what it's going to do next.

At the Kentucky habituation site, of the habituated BF's came by one night and put two fist holes in the windshield of the owner's car. I would trust a BF as far as I could throw one! :P

Guest TooRisky

The first person to shoot and kill one will probably not be prosecuted and will probably be famous. After that, there may well be prosecutions of one sort or another.

I think it is interesting that some hunters may be killed by BF's. I am quite convinced that BF's can and do kill humans. They even get violent at habituation sites. I would not want a BF hanging out near my place. It's basically a wild animal, unpredictable and dangerous. You never know what it's going to do next.

At the Kentucky habituation site, of the habituated BF's came by one night and put two fist holes in the windshield of the owner's car. I would trust a BF as far as I could throw one! :P

You really should give hunter's just a little bit credit for NOT pulling the trigger... You make hunters out as if they are out of control heartless killers which is the furthest from the truth... Most hunters are avid conservationists and every hunter I have ever had the pleasure to meet, knew exactly what they were shooting at... So maybe that is the answer to your question, hunter's are completely distorted in your mind and it is you that need to "straighten out" your train of thought... Of course in my most humble opinion...

• Upvote 1

You really should give hunter's just a little bit credit for NOT pulling the trigger... You make hunters out as if they are out of control heartless killers which is the furthest from the truth... Most hunters are avid conservationists and every hunter I have ever had the pleasure to meet, knew exactly what they were shooting at... So maybe that is the answer to your question, hunter's are completely distorted in your mind and it is you that need to "straighten out" your train of thought... Of course in my most humble opinion...

well said 2r,thank you.thumbsup.gif

Guest Silver Fox

Hi, I am not attacking hunters in any way whatsoever for shooting at or shooting BF's. BF's are not even recognized animals and most seem to be shooting them out of sheer terror more than anything else. Hunters are great Bigfootologists and I think they are great conservationists and environmentalists too. As a radical environmentalist, I do support hunters in general.*

You misread my post. It is only an attack on the skeptic notion that no hunter ever kills a BF. Apparently not so! Happens all the time!

*Here in CA we did make hunting mountain lions illegal. I do agree with that. I don't agree with these states declaring open season on wolves either, but that's the states' fault, not hunters.

Yep, esp the higher primates. Orangutans have been known to attempt to rape human females. Chimpanzees in particular are just frakking NASTY sometimes. Malicious assaults on people, baby killing, etc...people who keep them as pets are playing with fire.

Guest 8footer

Absolutely agree. I believe the vast majority of hunters consider themselves stewards of the land. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, but I think those types are few and far between. I don't know a hunter that would ever pull the trigger on anything unidentified and not the objective of their hunt; that would be beyond reckless and that individual would have to be a sociopath.

So the problem would be how do we get one of these folks who shot one and hid it to go back and retrieve it?

Guest Lesmore

There was a reported accidental shooting of a BF in Manitoba, Canada around 1941. There's a report somewhere in the internet. Very interesting.

Guest BlurryMonster

There are several legendary stories that go around, such as Ape Canyon and another from a old hunter in Canada, where a Sasquatch was shot needlessly. Neither has been discredited. Even more interesting and legitimate are two more recent "Kills", one shot in "Monster Central", the hunters hit it but refused to enter the thick brush it had retreated too apparently. It would have died from blood loss. Another connected to the "Siege at Honobia", one shot, but was drug away by the other members of his group. Adrian Erickson talks often of a more down low account, one was shot in his neck of the woods apparently, by a scared kid if I am not mistaken, David Paulides speaks of a similar ordeal. All are quite credible accounts, but the Siege at honobia one is as good as it gets. Besides, I am sure they get shot more often than we know, we just never find the shooter again. People just disappear in the woods all the time, and something like a Forest Giant could snap even a 300lbs man's neck with about the same effort we peel a banana. Stan was investigating something I remember, a hunter was found with his neck broke sitting under a tree? Stan can you fill us in on that? Feel free to PM :D

Neither can be proved, either. Not being able to be discredited doesn't mean that something happened.

And I'm very surprised that no one has shot a bigfoot and reported the body so far; "the interest of science" seems like it would be a good enough defense for me. Regardless of whatever prosecution might happen, anyone that brings in a body would become famous.

In case anyone's interested, I have a (kind of humorous) personal story that relates somewhat to this thread:

During a hunting trip when I was around twelve (and still believed in bigfoot), I thought I saw one. I was looking through the woods, and I saw something ape-like that seemed like it was looking directly at me maybe a hundred feet away. If I hadn't investigated further, I would have gone the rest of my life swearing I had seen a bigfoot, it looked that real. But, I did investigate further, mainly because I got the crazy notion that if I really was seeing bigfoot that it might be a good idea to shoot it (I did have a gun, after all), just to finally have a body. Being a responsible hunter (making sure of my possible target), and curious about what I was looking at, I started walking closer to it, and eventually got close enough to see through binoculars that it was a stump. A very tall and ape-like stump (it was crazy how much it really did look like typical bigfoot depictions, I wanted to get a picture, but I didn't have a camera), but still a stump. It's hard to believe that no one else in that position wouldn't have done the same thing; yes, I was only about twelve, but plenty of hunters are immature, irresponsible,and do crazy things. It's hard for me to believe that no one has accidentally killed one, either. Just last year person in WA was killed my a hunter who thought he was a deer.

Edited by BlurryMonster

Guest ajciani

So the problem would be how do we get one of these folks who shot one and hid it to go back and retrieve it?

Yep. Of course, most of these incidents are well over 10 years old. Unless they buried the thing, it's gone.

The documentation you presented is entertaining, and it's good to see the stories gathered in one place. But they are merely stories. There is no proof that the incidents occurred other than word of mouth. I could easily tell you that I shot a bigfoot up in the Tower Mountain area of Eastern Oregon back in 1995. It wasn't very big, seemed like a juvenile and I thought it was a bear. When we discovered it wasn't a bear, we freaked out completely and pushed the body into a small ravine and pushed rocks on it. I had my camera with me, but I honestly didn't remember it until much later. My partner had enough presence of mind to gather hair and skin samples and we sent them to a lab in California through a connection we had with biologist out of Stanislas Co. The results came back inconclusive and the lab claims to have destroyed them. We went back to the area a few weeks later during bow season and the body was gone.

Not true of course, but I could have easily have made it more plausible with some geographical details and such. My point is that stories without hard, tangible evidence are merely campfire stories.

Also, Ray Crowe isn't exactly a non-bias source. He would print anything in his newsletter and verifications were seldom made. Nice guy, but not one to put a critical thought to anything as long as he could make a nickle from it. I remember him parading a little girl out who's grandfather swore she was born as the result of a sasquatch raping her mother. Poor kid

The organizations that I have belonged to in the past did have action plans set up in the event of a body. In the one instance where a body was reported, it turned out to be a bear. I

Your article is entertaining, but it does not provide proof because the stories cannot (or have not) been verified. The MIB claims are ridiculous IMO, but some people will cling to them like a security blanket because they are so **** convenient.

Guest Silver Fox

The documentation you presented is entertaining, and it's good to see the stories gathered in one place. But they are merely stories. There is no proof that the incidents occurred other than word of mouth. I could easily tell you that I shot a bigfoot up in the Tower Mountain area of Eastern Oregon back in 1995. It wasn't very big, seemed like a juvenile and I thought it was a bear. When we discovered it wasn't a bear, we freaked out completely and pushed the body into a small ravine and pushed rocks on it. I had my camera with me, but I honestly didn't remember it until much later. My partner had enough presence of mind to gather hair and skin samples and we sent them to a lab in California through a connection we had with biologist out of Stanislas Co. The results came back inconclusive and the lab claims to have destroyed them. We went back to the area a few weeks later during bow season and the body was gone.

Not true of course, but I could have easily have made it more plausible with some geographical details and such. My point is that stories without hard, tangible evidence are merely campfire stories.

Also, Ray Crowe isn't exactly a non-bias source. He would print anything in his newsletter and verifications were seldom made. Nice guy, but not one to put a critical thought to anything as long as he could make a nickle from it. I remember him parading a little girl out who's grandfather swore she was born as the result of a sasquatch raping her mother. Poor kid

The organizations that I have belonged to in the past did have action plans set up in the event of a body. In the one instance where a body was reported, it turned out to be a bear. I

Your article is entertaining, but it does not provide proof because the stories cannot (or have not) been verified. The MIB claims are ridiculous IMO, but some people will cling to them like a security blanket because they are so **** convenient.

I believe the stories are true. The fact is it's a lie that no one has ever shot and killed a BF. Apparently it's been going on all along. Another lie by the skeptic side. That was the point of the piece. Also, in the future, humans will continue to shoot BF's to death. With the increased hullabaloo about BF, perhaps the next BF shot to death will not be buried or abandoned in the woods.

I agree with the government coverup stories. For one thing, they are temporal. They have only started in the modern era. Before 1968, there was no coverup. Afterwards, and especially after 1980, it's report after report. The increased reports in the modern era imply that there is a coverup. That's my opinion; and I'm normally cynical about conspiracy stories - I reject 98% of them.

The best we can say here is that there are a lot of stories. And it looks like the skeptic line that no one ever shot a BF to death is another one of their lies.

Guest Blackdog

The fact is it's a lie that no one has ever shot and killed a BF.

If it's a fact you should have no trouble proving it. Care to give it a shot?

And it looks like the skeptic line that no one ever shot a BF to death is another one of their lies.

Calling forum members liars is against the Forum guidelines, and since there are skeptic that are members here I'll leave it up to the staff here to determine if you've violated them but in order for something to be a lie there has to be a truth on the other side of it. You need to show proof of your truth or retract your statement calling skeptics liars.