Your Prediction As To When A Bigfoot Will Found Or Caught

Guest Lesmore

^ I agree it's a very ambitious project, and is a step in the right direction if the effort can be sustained. I just don't hold out much hope that results will be forthcoming any time soon. It's ONE blimp, no matter how capable, vs millions and millions of square miles of wilderness. Given that, a negative result is, IMO, evidentiarilly useless.

On the other hand, if they get lucky and nail some good qulality footage, it seems to me that, given their approach, only the most hardcore Debunkers will be able to gainsay the results.

Guest rockinkt

Sounds like a very ambitious project.

Since the distances involved will be >1000 feet - do they have any test film/photo that can tell whether the resulting images will be good enough to use as valid evidence?

Have they used the technology to film a normal sized human and has there been any release of said images so one can decide if the details are clear enough to be of definitive use?

Since they are a for profit company looking for investors - I would hope that they have positive answers to the a/n questions.

Their technical team seems to be of the highest quality.

What worries me is that that the business plan has a some very sketchy stuff in the first couple of paragraphs or so. The following is a cut and paste from the business plan:

The evidence for the existence of North American Apes is almost entirely supported by anecdotal evidence, tracks and hair samples classified as an unidentified primate. Since science tells us that these creatures did exist at some point in the past, the relevant question now is: do they still exist? In 2007, it was recognized by science that unusual footprints found in remote areas in North America were likely made by some sort of animal currently unknown to science. The footprints were given the scientific name Anthropoidipes ameriborealis (North American ape foot).

The paper by Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum of Idaho State University which established the scientific recognition is provided in the appendix . The purpose of the proposal being put forward here is to perform research and firmly establish the identity of the maker of these footprints. Today there is a good chance that this open ended question can be resolved once and for all with this dual airship surveillance project.

http://www.bigfoot24...iness_Plan.html

Who can spot the errors in those two paragraphs?

Sounds like a very ambitious project.

Since the distances involved will be >1000 feet - do they have any test film/photo that can tell whether the resulting images will be good enough to use as valid evidence?

Have they used the technology to film a normal sized human and has there been any release of said images so one can decide if the details are clear enough to be of definitive use?

He told me over the phone that their camera equipment was capable of counting your eyelashes from 1400' at night. And remotely. He also said that they could cover 25 square miles per flight. It's very mobile, takes 45 minutes to set up and can be set up in an area the size of a tennis court. All the monitering equipment is in a motorhome.

And I give up, what's the answer to the last question? :P

The Falcon project sounds interesting. At this point whether it will work will be something to see over time.

It certainly is a novel approach and I do think if a BF will be discovered it will be with technology.

Thanks, Norcallogger, for the link.

Since the distances involved will be >1000 feet - do they have any test film/photo that can tell whether the resulting images will be good enough to use as valid evidence? *rest snipped for space*

Aaannnnd here we go: the spin starts. "What ifs" and speculations deployed to undercut the evididentiary value of any results even before the project gets off the ground.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TooRisky

With the advent of the Falcon Project, I truly do believe that BF's days as an undocumented species are numbered. With this crafts ability to fly and film silently at night, I cannot possibly imagine these creatures will continue to evade man's detection.

If the Falcon Project doesn't do it then I will have to humbly concede to the bona fide non-believers. :P

I have been in contact with the falcon project... Unfortunately I really feel it is more thought and want than reality... The money is just not there...

Guest Creekfreak

You hit the nail on the head Risky no money no monster anyone of us could bring one home if the money was right a choper with a kick butt thermal some auto fire power its as good as being on a slab pretty simple really .

Theres a reason God has not made me rich enough to buy a Huey he knows what I would use it for the world is just not ready for me yet .

• 2 weeks later...

I've only become interested in BF this February, but from what I gather incredibly much progress has been made over the last 3 or so years. I say at the very latest it will be proven by 2020, but personally I'm betting within the next 3 to 5 years.

exactly what progress? Georgia Hoaxes, blobsquatches, .......?

Got no idea. If I had to guess, I would say the government probably already knows about them and if Joe Public catches one we won't ever hear about it for whatever reason. I still haven't figured out what the government's motivation would be for not making it public other than possibly not wanting to appear that it has no control over the situation.

The only reason i would be able to see is maybe logginh interests or the like. Beyond that I doubt the gubment cares past a point.

I might not of seen all the pictures....but the ones (three) that I did see in the link , to me were inconclusive.

Hoaxes and blobsquatches mostly, don't think so.