Bill

Munns Research Status

Crowlogic

Okay, I have seen it before. It has John Vulich's fur suit used to stage a filming recreation. 

It is not a John Vulich suit nor an Optic Nerve suit. It was a Bob Schiffer rented suit...

This is a rented suit...

776647ea6e51aeb56.jpg

It was rented from Bob Schiffer...

Anyway, the BBC didn't have the budget for us to build a suit so we had to rent one. The funny thing is, that we rented the suit from Bob Schiffer who was the head of make-up at Disney and had been since 1967. I constantly hear how an unnamed Disney FX artists was asked about the Patterson footage and claimed that it couldn't have been faked. When we rented the suit from him, I asked if anybody ever approached him on his opinion on the suit and he said no. He then went on the offer up his opinion on how he believed it to be a man in a suit.

The stated intention was to use an off-the-rack suit, hence the Yeti suit.

If they wanted to replicate Patty specifically, that is something that would have required a wholly different production process, one that you are no stranger too - budget limitations.

The BBC suit has way longer arms than the side shot usually depicted.  Of course "they're" not going to show you that.

Backdoc

Tree Sizes:

Anything further on some of these Tree measurements?

I could be wrong but isn't it mostly agreed upon the PGF has been rediscovered and verified. (See video where Bill eats a candy bar)   Also, on some of those outings I think some have taken measurements of the trees and esp the 'big tree' and so on.

Any hope this tree and other landmarks measured today could yield more info about the size of or height of Patty?  We all know trees grow and we would be talking 50 years of tree growth vs the PGF.  If that could be known, I wonder to what extent someone could back engineer the numbers to help us know how tall Patty was.

BD

Crowlogic

(...and Roger somehow had No budget issues)

This is exactly why we need a Bigffot Challenge. I understand if to date the TV guys are not interested.

BD

Budgets and motivation.  Well now there is one thing not figured on in your universe.  Time.  Time is the key.  I was once an avid classic car enthusiast and one of my passions was old Jaguar sports cars.  I actually acquired two.  I will speak of the second one as it was the major project.  I purchased the "wreck" for  $2,000.  I bought $16,000 in parts and material for a total of $18,000.  I spent two years restoring it doing everything except engine machining and chrome plating.  When the car was finished it was show worthy and captured many wins in the 4 years I showed it.   Proof is the photos.  At the time to going rate for a professional restoration for  one of those cars was $65,000.  When I did sell the car it went for for more than the figure of a professional restoration.  So don't throw out that Patterson couldn't make a suit.  He had the kind of time to spend on it, he was the perfect candidate to make a suit.  Here's what time and motivation can produce.  BTW the "pros"  said I couldn't do it, I beat the pros, then I too was a pro.  

Kenwood%20Plugs%20001_zpsymif02uv.png

530354_10151212838769613_1775725194_n_zp

• Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

^^

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013             Having time to spend doesn't give one the ability to do body restoration ... or make suits that have stretch capability 20 years before its time or that Roger was a seamstress who could make perfectly fitting costumes in one fitting.

• Upvote 3

salubrious

The BBC suit has way longer arms than the side shot usually depicted.  Of course "they're" not going to show you that.

One problem with this suit is the rather obvious 'head atop the shoulders' problem.

Nice job on the Jag!

Crowlogic

One problem with this suit is the rather obvious 'head atop the shoulders' problem.

Nice job on the Jag!

Thanks.  BBC isn't a good suit but it gts a worse rap about arm length than it deserves.

SweatyYeti

Thanks.  BBC isn't a good suit but it gets a worse rap about arm length than it deserves.

The BBC suit has my sympathies, Crow. :)

But, as far as it being a "bad suit"....that's par for the course. All suits are bad, when it comes to reaching a level of realism where it is 'ambiguous', as to what one is seeing. 

Even though Patty is an "obvious suit" to some folks...to many others the subject is 'ambiguous'. And that is what sets it apart from all the rest.....'ambiguity'. Patty is...the others aren't.

You won't find anyone scratching their head over the Morris Monstrosity....the BBC LOL.....and the Blevins' Beast. :nono:

Edited by SweatyYeti

Martin

Bill,

How can you tell that the pack horse footage and the Patty walk were not spliced together?

Thanks

Bump.

Bill I know you have been super busy with your lawsuit and hope it's all working out well.

I also know you have the most complete and detailed information on the PGF and I think you have done an incredible amount of work. I have great respect for your efforts.

Thanks,

Martin

• Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

^^

Martin - think start-up frame.

Drew

Bill- I was reading some old material, and have a question:

You said:

In theoretical modeling, the path calculated by the 25mm lens specification seems to produce some steps in the path greater than a man can do, walking as McClarin did. Digital modeling can show extreme strides being taken, but cannot actually tell us if a man of McClarin's height can walk those steps. And if he can, the digital model won't tell us how much discrepancy there may be between McClarin's walking posture and a test subject. Only a live filmed walk will conclusively settle this, and such a test is being planned.

How did you calculate that step length would be a problem?  Do you still feel that step-length is a problem?

After further time have you determined that it is still too large of a step for a human to make?

Thanks,

Cryptic Megafauna

The stride measured at the site would seem to me to be too great to be made by a person walking.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna
  • Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

^^

Richard Henry said that 6'5" McClarin was not quite able to achieve the strides the track maker did.

Bill

Drew:

Until I have the calculations on McClarin's path complete and then tested in real world full scale circumstances, what you describe (from my earlier remarks) is a work in progress, and I choose not to comment further on work in progress,

Sorry I can't be more helpful at this time.

Bill

Drew

^^

Richard Henry said that 6'5" McClarin was not quite able to achieve the strides the track maker did.

Thanks Bigfoothunter, where did you get that quotation from?  

Or did he tell you that personally?  

Thanks,

Bigfoothunter

^^

In a way Henry did tell me personally when I listened to his taped interview with Perez.