Hybrid Hypothesis Dead, Done, Stick A Fork In It....

norseman

And yet, 1% to 4% of humans have Neanderthal DNA in their composition.

Those antigens apparently weren't infallible.  

And that pertains just to Neanderthal.   

Is anyone saying that BF is Neanderthal?

Maybe... See http://themandus.org/

My pet theory is BF is not a human hybrid but is a descendant of Neanderthal. Possibly a hybrid of Neanderthal and an extinct homind. Its fun to speculate, but in this particular case it won't be answered until a body is on a slab (and good DNA science can be done).

Oh no!

Danny Vendramini is just as crazy as Melba Ketchum!!! We know quite abit about Neandethals, we have sequenced their DNA. I think if they were cat eyed nocturnal super predators we would know about that.

Science does not support Vendramini's assumptions, its purely fantasy.

• Upvote 1

And yet, 1% to 4% of humans have Neanderthal DNA in their composition.

Those antigens apparently weren't infallible.  

And that pertains just to Neanderthal.   

Is anyone saying that BF is Neanderthal?

Maybe... See http://themandus.org/

My pet theory is BF is not a human hybrid but is a descendant of Neanderthal. Possibly a hybrid of Neanderthal and an extinct homind. Its fun to speculate, but in this particular case it won't be answered until a body is on a slab (and good DNA science can be done).

Oh, it doesn't matter to me where they come from.  I just know that they ARE.  A descendant of Neanderthal is of course a possibility.  

I would note that Neanderthal may be the closest fossil relative, but we seem to discover new fossil species fairly regularly.  

What was, now isn't, and what is, is not entirely complete.

It's possible that the BF is something that small teams of diggers just haven't found yet - especially found in a few European caves or near the African rift.

So we could still have an as yet unidentified critter that is close enough to produce offspring, but sterile offspring.

And if geneticists don't have the correct material to work with, then they don't have the correct material to work with.

Edited by FarArcher

I definitely agree that there are new fossils to find out there, absolutely! And hopefully some extant species as well.

But they will be their own species and not half human.

Edited by norseman

So, as I understand it, we have what is regarded as prominently sapiens DNA, plus some Neanderthal, plus some Denisovan, plus some DNA from an as yet unidentified fourth species that is as equally distinct from us, Neanderthals, and Denisovans as Sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans are from each other.

Are we, or are we not technically hybrids?

If we are hybrids, and another extant hominid exists, why would it be beyond reason that it could be a hominid?

If it's simply because Ketchum came up with the theory but then discredited herself, I would point out by means of cliché that even a stopped clock is correct twice a day, unless it is a 24 hour clock, then it is correct only once.

• Upvote 2

Here is the kicker, which I think many of you are failing to grasp.

We non African Homo Sapiens are hybrids....but just a little. Most of us have 2-4 percent Neanderthal DNA. A few of us also have 6-8 percent Denisovian DNA. (Australian and Melanasian)

Science tells us that Neanderthals and Denisovians are extinct. So their small slice of pie piggybacks with us.

This article gives a reason for this scenario. Its because human females aborted hybrid male offspring. At least concerning Neanderthals.....

So there is NO chance that hybrid boy and girl where going to fall in love and spawn a hybrid race together. Half Sapien and half Neandethal. Instead what happened was hybrid girls fell in love with sapien boys and over hundreds of generations of hybrids.......we end up with a miniscule amount of Neanderthal DNA in modern humans.

Without a living male hybrid? Ketchums hypothesis crashes down in flames.

Neanderthal male X chromosomes are extinct and they have Homo Sapien females they bred with to thank for it.

What Im super curious about now? Is why.... what evolutionary reason is there? Why abort only the males? Why not both sexes?

I definitely agree that there are new fossils to find out there, absolutely! And hopefully some extant species as well.

But they will be their own species and not half human.

But may be a species close enough to create offspring - which in turn would account for the occasional reports of a BF with a very human face/appearance.

And we do lose females in the wild.  Oddly.

Nature finds a way.

If Sasquatch can or has mated with Human women or vice versa?

Our evidence should be stacking up in maternity wards across the country!

I'm a rancher.....i find it rather dubious that a 800 lbs Sasquatch can breed to a 125 lbs woman and.....

1 ) She lives through the encounter.

2 ) She shares enough gene pool with the beast to create a fetus.

3 ) She lives through delivering the baby.

This is putting the article aside, in which she will ONLY carry a female hybrid baby to full term. (Neanderthal and Human)

And If you get too closely related to us? Then why are they 8 ft tall, eat raw fish, sleep in snow drifts and leave 18 inch foot prints around???

That's not human, thats not half human......and its paternal side logically should be even farther removed. Was the mystery Ape man in question that spawned Sasquatch with human woman.........12 feet tall? Was it some sort of Gigantopethicus? How on earth did it breed to a human female resulting in a pregnacy and birth.

Why arent human women who are being raped by Orangs not giving birth?

The scenario is unworkable.

The beast you saw had to be a species unto its own. Do you honestly think it came from a human mother like your own? And remember we lose men too.....

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

Also.....think on this.

If a Sasquatch is half human and it breeds to a human? That would make the offspring 3/4 human!

This child is almost 10 percent Denisovian and 5 percent Neanderthal. She looks fully MODERN to me!

If Patty is half human I'll eat my shorts!

post-735-0-50532200-1460262711_thumb.jpg

Edited by norseman

That's basically how it seems to turn out.  The offspring have no trouble integrating into human tribal societies.  It indicates that sapiens genes are dominant, but may not indicate more.

If that were the case? We would have extinct Mystery Ape man DNA in us.....1-10 percent or at least Native Americans.....and WE would be the Sasquatch!

Thats how it seems to have played out in reality.

Nature finds a way.

If Sasquatch can or has mated with Human women or vice versa?

Our evidence should be stacking up in maternity wards across the country!

I'm a rancher.....i find it rather dubious that a 800 lbs Sasquatch can breed to a 125 lbs woman and.....

1 ) She lives through the encounter.

2 ) She shares enough gene pool with the beast to create a fetus.

3 ) She lives through delivering the baby.

This is putting the article aside, in which she will ONLY carry a female hybrid baby to full term. (Neanderthal and Human)

And If you get too closely related to us? Then why are they 8 ft tall, eat raw fish, sleep in snow drifts and leave 18 inch foot prints around???

That's not human, thats not half human......and its paternal side logically should be even farther removed. Was the mystery Ape man in question that spawned Sasquatch with human woman.........12 feet tall? Was it some sort of Gigantopethicus? How on earth did it breed to a human female resulting in a pregnacy and birth.

Why arent human women who are being raped by Orangs not giving birth?

The scenario is unworkable.

The beast you saw had to be a species unto its own. Do you honestly think it came from a human mother like your own? And remember we lose men too.....

No need to get too explicit, but the fact that these critters may be 8' tall doesn't mean there's no way they could breed a 125 pound woman.

And no one suggests it's common, just trying to explain the different facial features - some more ape-like and some more human-like.  I would expect if it were even possible, of the few to be born, very few of them would survive.

For a few thousand years, the narratives have been consistent - the Big'uns take human women.  I can't change that - and to ignore it is a personal choice.  They've reportedly been taking human women for some purpose.  One can only guess why.  Then, we hear occasional narratives NOT of the common, primitive ape-like faces, but these occasional narratives describe a more human face - and I'm just trying to suggest a possibility to account for that.  I exclude NOTHING.  How could most BF have buttugly ape faces, and on occasion, a more human-like face?

If the BF can mate and produce - even - sterile offspring - they they're a type of close relative, possibly a hybrid in of itself - hybrid in terms of NOT being an ape, but maybe close enough to man to mate and produce offspring like the donkey and the horse can produce sterile offspring.. 

This gigantopithicus idea that has been thrown out there by some is just crazy - the gigantopithicus was an ape.  BF is not an ape.  It's not h.sapiens, but it's not an ape, either.  To make it even worse - the experts don't have diddly squat on the gigantopithecus!  A few teeth and a partial jaw?  They don't know squat about gigantopithecus - except it was big.

It wasn't long ago we had the diprotodon, basically a five foot tall wombat, a nine foot tall bird called a moa, a North American wooly rhino, a giant elk some six plus feet tall at the shoulders with over 9 feet width of antlers, the giant sloth about 12 feet tall, sabre tooth tiger, and mastadons - but the only thing some folks than think of that may be a BF is the big ape of the day - although nothing is known about it as no bones exist.

BF is one, strange critter.  Hopefully, one day in the near future, someone will bring one in - and I'd bet a two-dollar cup of coffee that on that day, what they find will raise more questions than get answered. 

• Upvote 1

If that were the case? We would have extinct Mystery Ape man DNA in us.....1-10 percent or at least Native Americans.....and WE would be the Sasquatch!

Our DNA does include that of an unidentified antecessor, plus Neanderthal, plus Denisovan.

http://www.nature.com/news/mystery-humans-spiced-up-ancients-sex-lives-1.14196

Edited by JDL

Our DNA does include that of an unidentified antecessor, plus Neanderthal, plus Denisovan.

http://www.nature.com/news/mystery-humans-spiced-up-ancients-sex-lives-1.14196

No.

The unidentified species bred with Denisovians, and not us directly. If any of that mystery DNA is shared through Denisovians to Australian or Melanasian populations your article did not say.

Edited by norseman