Hybrid Hypothesis Dead, Done, Stick A Fork In It....

norseman

BFF Patron

So we got the beautifully folded brain, speech/language and Alzheimer's out of the deal.  Along with some unknown stuff.  

Synthetic biology and transgenic research will make full use of some of those discoveries in the future I am sure.  

I sure hope they release that transgenic mosquito to combat Zika.  That is one bum steer of a disease if it catches a foothold even though it selects the weakest, a milder form of the disease can clean your clock and make you a different person if you survive. 

Thank you Norseman and bipedalist. Excellent really. It's also nice to know the ol' squash still has a couple of good cells inside it LOL.

And the link was very helpful. So it would appear that some brain advantages WERE developed on the Human branch. Projecting this onto the subject of Sasquatch if it has 23 pairs then uh-oh. If it has 24 then we should be able to out-smart it? It might explain the no fire/no wheel at least which if I were to extrapolate this as an indicator of chromosome development then I'll throw my hat in the ring for 24 pairs, i.e. LESS innovative brain function. So a creature who is more in the moment and relying on archetypal experience rather than thinking ahead and deficient, if not severely so, in the area of problem solving.

I wonder if it could be distracted by some kind of simple puzzle geared more to it's low level of thinking. Sort of a rubic's cube dummied down for toddlers? Distracted enough to let it's guard down? Just kidding here but perhaps a blow-up "Patty" who is "trapped" between some close-growing sapling trees where it can't get out and needs rescuing?

Edited by hiflier

What is being said here is that Bigfoot being proposed as a hybrid between an unknown archaic hominid and a human woman 12000 years ago is impossible....per the study of Neanderthal DNA. 

The OP study only stated this is a possibility, hypothesis or likelihood, not an absolute.  So it's not impossible. We don't know what the 50/50 hybrids were like, but we can presume some of the females were at least fertile. Would those females then reject a male fetus from another cross with male Cro-Magnon ? or Neanderthal? There can be no assumption that the cross occured only once within a clan or which group, Early Human or Neanderthal, the hybrids stayed with.  

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Thank you Norseman and bipedalist. Excellent really. It's also nice to know the ol' squash still has a couple of good cells inside it LOL.

And the link was very helpful. So it would appear that some brain advantages WERE developed on the Human branch. Projecting this onto the subject of Sasquatch if it has 23 pairs then uh-oh. If it has 24 then we should be able to out-smart it? It might explain the no fire/no wheel at least which if I were to extrapolate this as an indicator of chromosome development then I'll throw my hat in the ring for 24 pairs, i.e. LESS innovative brain function. So a creature who is more in the moment and relying on archetypal experience rather than thinking ahead and deficient, if not severely so, in the area of problem solving.

I wonder if it could be distracted by some kind of simple puzzle geared more to it's low level of thinking. Sort of a rubic's cube dummied down for toddlers? Distracted enough to let it's guard down? Just kidding here but perhaps a blow-up "Patty" who is "trapped" between some close-growing sapling trees where it can't get out and needs rescuing?

It would explain the no fire, no wheel, no fabricated tools, no spear points, no shelter construction other than simple nests, and more I probably am not thinking of.   But instead of spending time and brain power on dealing new and better weapons and those other issues it has focused much more attention to survival and the dangers in the woods, of which we are the principal one.   The result is that it is better adapted to its natural environment than we are at this point in history.  

It would explain the no fire, no wheel, no fabricated tools, no spear points, no shelter construction other than simple nests, and more I probably am not thinking of.   But instead of spending time and brain power on dealing new and better weapons and those other issues it has focused much more attention to survival and the dangers in the woods, of which we are the principal one.   The result is that it is better adapted to its natural environment than we are at this point in history.

I've argued this until blue in the face.... the struggle for survival in the genus Homo was a grugde match with ultimately only one species coming out on top. Humans.

Sasquatch, whatever it is seems to have side stepped this evolutionary war. But so did all of the rest of the great apes. Thats because they do not compete with us in our niche. Other Homo species with spears and fire? Did.

Its not a coincidence, we are the only ones left standing.

BFF Patron

As an example of my previous post, humans have been enslaved by their own technology.     Friday I got a new smartphone to replace one that was 5 years old and starting to have problems.     What have I spent a considerable time doing all weekend?   Downloading all the apps I use and getting them to run on the new phone.   It I was a hunter gatherer I would be hungry because I spent that time with a gadget instead of looking for food.       We have kids walk in front of cars because they are walking and texting and drivers who run into the car in front of them because they are texting and driving.     Then nearly every week here in this area, someone gets out in the woods and gets lost.    Sometimes they have cell coverage and can call for help but sometimes not.    But the very phone they have in their pocket or pack could also have maps that show them exactly where they are even out of cell coverage.   We become dependant on our gadgets and have been for most of human history.   .   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

We are tool users. We carry around stuff. From sticks and stones to Ipads and cell phones. Everybody in our genus did, its what defines us.

I do not blame the people that deny their existence since how can one explain them. Even if they did get DNA from them how could they be explained when their DNA will defy logic. It be stating that man mated with beast and created said creature or even worse that said creature was created by man.

My theory is that we at one time we were playing with genetics and this is how this creature came about. It then took over it's creators and went forth to hide from it's creators which is us.  Now again this is just theory and my own opinion ,but I also feel that this a strong theory as well. Maybe this is ridiculous but I am not sure, but from what I have experience it does tend to lead this way. 

I too believe that theory is a good possibility that would account for these beings that have human like features like bigfoot, dogman, mothman type beings etc.

I put up a recording on a private study page on my survival ebook site by Koot Humi Lal Singh that came through a seance trumpet in 1961 called Before Atlantis.  Private page

At the 10.00 mark he says man is looking at anthropoids as the missing link but man is actually the progenitor of the anthropoids due to the mating of ancient man with females of the animal world.

Says India's abominable snowman is not a link between anthropoids and man as much as it is a link between man and the anthropoids. Much experimentation in the field of man animal breeding was the activity of many a scientist  since the early days of the planet.

Says the missing link will never be found as it is in the astral. Man existed in astral form for 30 million years before incarnating in physical substance.

Speaks of animal human mixtures, centaurs and satyrs. Some interesting possibilities to ponder.

I just found this article..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaic_human_admixture_with_modern_humans

It seems to echo what I've been saying in the quote below.

No evidence of Neanderthal mitochondrial DNA has been found in modern humans.[11][12][13] This would suggest that successful admixture with Neanderthals happened paternally rather than maternally on the side of Neanderthals.[14][15] Possible hypotheses are that Neanderthal mtDNA had detrimental mutations that led to the extinction of carriers, that the hybrid offspring of Neanderthal mothers were raised in Neanderthal groups and became extinct with them, or that female Neanderthals and male Sapiens did not produce fertile offspring.[14] A lack of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) evidence in modern humans does not discredit the admixture theory. A 2012 study produced a model which demonstrated exponential growth is compatible with the survival of a single mtDNA or Y chromosome lineage only if the growth rate is in a narrow supercritical interval. Thus, even if Neanderthals and anatomically modern Africans belonged to the same interbreeding population and even if this population was allowed to grow exponentially with a small rate, the more probable outcome would still be all humans being descendants either of a single woman (mtDNA) or a single man (Y chromosome). The model estimated in only 7% the probability that humans could have either mtDNA or Y chromosome of a Neanderthal origin. Whereas there was a 93% probability for the lack of mtDNA in modern humans.[16]

Edited by southernyahoo
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

There is a recent hybrid theory that Denisovan-like mtDNA was found among a mix of nDNA in the Spanish caves Neanderthals recently sequenced by Max Planck.  It pushed the split back to between 430,000 and 800,000 years now.   Now for that mystery hominin in the woodpile. 

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v531/n7595/full/nature17405.html

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/ancient-dna-reveals-who-spain%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98pit-bones%E2%80%99-cave

Edited by bipedalist

...So it would appear that some brain advantages WERE developed on the Human branch. Projecting this onto the subject of Sasquatch if it has 23 pairs then uh-oh. If it has 24 then we should be able to out-smart it? It might explain the no fire/no wheel at least which if I were to extrapolate this as an indicator of chromosome development then I'll throw my hat in the ring for 24 pairs, i.e. LESS innovative brain function. So a creature who is more in the moment and relying on archetypal experience rather than thinking ahead and deficient, if not severely so, in the area of problem solving...

I've argued this until blue in the face.... the struggle for survival in the genus Homo was a grugde match with ultimately only one species coming out on top. Humans.

Sasquatch, whatever it is seems to have side stepped this evolutionary war. But so did all of the rest of the great apes. Thats because they do not compete with us in our niche. Other Homo species with spears and fire? Did.

Its not a coincidence, we are the only ones left standing.

I'm not getting the difference between what you said and what I said unless you were directing your comments to SWWA. In other words, I'm saying Humans would come out on top since a 24 chromosome-paired creature doesn't evidently possess the brain power needed for manufacturing tools for attack or defense- or even have the imagination to do so. Humans did- they beat everything and everybody Human or not.

23 pairs wins out over 24 pairs and that's what I was saying. I took it a bit farther though by reversing that by saying since Sasquatch has no fire and no wheel then it must belong to the 24-pair line which lack the brain function of Humans.

I also added in that if Sasquatch, despite it's primitive brain, has 23 pairs it should then test Human and so the DNA result people get wouldn't necessarily be wrong. Nonetheless, compared to Humans the creature is an imbecile. More animal than not. Smart yes, but severely lacking with perhaps only a little more imagination than a bear. In truth , if the thing exists, I think it should follow that it is indeed a 24 chromosome pair mammal.

I agree with you though if you are only talking the Human line which pitted Humans against Humans or near Humans. That obviously wasn't what I was alluding to. My post was high-tech Humans vs. no-tech Sasquatch and that it might be an indicator of chromosome pairing differences. 23 vs. 24

Edited by hiflier

I thought I would address the opening statement by Norseman who wrote:

If Homo Sapien Sapien cannot bred successfully and produce viable male offspring with Homo Neanderthal?  What chance is there that Homo Sapien Sapien can bred with some archiac hominid and produce a Sasquatch baby? And this be replicated enough times to produce a viable breeding population of male and female Bigfeet?  Its zero.  That means that if Sasquatch is a hybrid its not because its paternal side mated with modern women 12000 years ago!"

There are some fallacies to that statement.  

1) No one has shown that sasquatches have Neanderthals in their linage; so, any comparison you make to what you claim is an incompatibility with Neanderthals and Homo sapiens is academic.  

2) Since the genome of Neanderthals have been sequenced its found that all Homo sapiens outside of Africa have some Neanderthal DNA.  The DNA seems to all be male Neanderthals mating with female Homo sapiens.  So, why can't another male species of man also mate with Homo sapien females and produce young?  You say it can't happen because Homo sapien women would miscarry male babies due to an incompatibility with the Y chromosome.  But three things:

a,) Sasquatches may not be a hybrid of Neanderthals and Homo sapiens.

b.) Since modern humans do have some Neanderthal DNA there was successful interbreeding that deposited Neanderthal DNA in modern man.

c.) If the Russian version of sasquatch "Zana" produced a viable male offspring "Kwit" and also daughters that works against the incompatibility arguments.

Edited by jayjeti
  • Upvote 2