Hybrid Hypothesis Dead, Done, Stick A Fork In It....

norseman

Shadow, I've been criticized for being "anti-science," and in a number of ways it may appear to be that way, but I'm really not.  I'm just saying that many conclusions that paleoanthropologists make are based on very flimsy evidence, and that as new discoveries are made, we find them always having to back up, turn around, and go backward or forward and have to strain to cobble together another scenario.

This Out-Of-Africa narrative.  All the ancient hominoid fossils have been found in only two regions of Africa - which just coincidentally happens to be geologically favorable to find old fossils.  Just because someone finds dinosaur bones in Mongolia and the Western US doesn't mean they originated in Mongolia and the Western US.  

Then, we have the paleoanthropologists at odds with DNA scientists.  So does one trust in DNA, mitochondrial science, or do we trust those who dig, guess at what era the exposed surface bones belonged in, and what they are and where they fit?

One side has specific DNA science, the other has small piles of bones and a lot of guessing.

The Laetoli footprints were determined to be real footprints left long, long ago.  But a very, VERY large (4-5 times the size of a modern human) human-type footprint is also in rock - on Gower's Mountain in the Cleveland National Forest.  But this is considered anomalous.

A number of human tracks have been found in the Cretaceous limestone near Glen Rose, Texas, but they too, are anomalous and disregarded.  Thirteen 22-inch tracks, with a four to five foot stride were found near Alamagordo NM, and they're disregarded.  

A very defined shoe track, 16 inches long from toe to heel was found IN ROCK, and dated to 10-20 million years old - likewise anomalous and to be disregarded.  

Either geologists cannot date rocks and strata with any degree of accuracy - or we have another problem.

Shut the front door! Alluding to young earth? Really? SMH What next, great flood? Cmon.

Incorrigible, ou may want to polish up on your reading comprehension.  Maybe get a dictionary too.  Your jump from "A" to "L" is quite a leap, establishing your unfamiliarity with OOPARTS, or Out Of Place Artifacts.  Real artifacts - out of place geologically.  Not one or two, but many, many artifacts that are geologically impossible.  At least according to geological dating.

Nowhere in there did I say anything about a young earth.  Nowhere.  Only you.  Again.

Nowhere did I say anything about a flood, great or not.  Nowhere.  Only you.  Again.  

You're real good at putting words in other peoples posts, and then deriding words YOU put in.  Classy.

Your ability to reach around and pull something out of seemingly nowhere can only be fully appreciated by a proctologist, but I find such fabrications to be purposed to just start an argument. 

You want it?  Scientifically?  

In 1987, a world wide survey of human mitochondrial DNA was published by Cann, Stoneking, and Wilson in Nature magazine.  It's main point was that "all mitochondrial DNA's stem from one woman."  (you'll have to read up on how that works - it's not my job to educate you.)

Essentially, our mitochondrial DNA comes only from our mother, and gets passed from generation to generation without recombination.  This world-wide survey pointed that we all came from one "mitochondrial Eve."   Not my term - others.

And that this mitochondrial Eve existed about 200,000 years ago, but the evolutionary time frame was completely at odds with that timeline.  Only 40 specimens of H. Erectus have been found, and they've been geologically dated 220,000 to 500,000 years.

One science is off, apparently.  Or, somehow, this mitochondrial Eve's descendents were the only humans to survive, as all other females were sterile.  

Or that a catastrophe occurred worldwide, and she was the last fertile female left.  

Or her offspring were so superior, they wiped out all other species without any interbreeding.

Or, Eve must have lived in Africa 200,000 years ago, and her offspring 100,000 years ago left Africa to conquer all other forms of man, causing them to vanish without a trace in our genetic record.

Rebecca Cann, one of the original authors of the study said paleoanthropologist could never be certain that any specific fossil left descendants, however, there was "100% certainty that genes in modern populations have a history that can be examined and will trace back in absolute time to real ancestors."

The fight was on, and every opportunity was taken to discredit these determinations.

Then in 1993, Maryellen Ruvolo from Harvard, presented new DNA sequencing rather than restriction analysis, to study a part of the cytochrome oxidase gene found in mitochondrial DNA.  Ruvolo's work was based on studying a slowly evolving portion of the mitochondrial genome, and guess what?  Got the same results as the original mitochondrial DNA study.

Before one gets offended and takes exception that any suggestion that fossils may not be dated accurately - you really have to study the tests used to get these dates they use.

The scientific principles they're based on is sound, scientific calculations.  Problem is, they never, EVER verify one another, and the real world is not a pristine scientific lab.  They can run the same tests, and dates are all over the map - and I mean not even close.  So how to they pick a date?  They pick the date within that wide, wide range that fits with their narrative.

I spent nine months once, just studying in detail different test methods and the problems with them.  It's a joke.  A scientific joke on all of us.  Potassium-Argon dating?  One little characteristic of a gas.  It migrates - upward.  You'd think common sense would bring that to their attention, but it doesn't.

So.  DNA?  Or piles of bones and guesses?

I don't really care.  I just wanted to point out that the science is not as precise as some would suggest.

Edited by FarArcher
  • Upvote 3

However, humans disappear in the woods (aka: 411) on a regular basis, yet how many BF have we caught/killed/abducted lately?

Bigfoot is not, at least for the most part, responsible for the Missing 411.   What gets us also gets them.   

Ponder that for a while.

MIB

Ponder this...until you have personally had an encounter with one of these beings and are thus impressed with a visualization that was heretofore totally incomprehensible, IMO, 99.44% of what is found on the internet by the encounter virgins is really nothing more than rhetorical masturbation.

Shut the front door! Alluding to young earth? Really? SMH What next, great flood? Cmon.

Incorrigible1

There is no such thing as a young earth, how can there be one? We only have one earth and guess what we live on it. There was no mention of a flood on this thread until now from you. So lets go there, and see why we know that there was a flood with out breaking the rules of the forum. Sww had made mention to this in a past post, as I will show you. It regards to why bones and ancient sites are buried under dirt or sediment.  

The only way that this could have happen is that some thing took place on earth, like a flood. Why else would we have to dig for artifacts that is buried under sand. Why else are there cities buried and I mean large towns and cities buried , where we have to dig them out. Do you have an explanation for this? That sand or dirt just did not fall from the sky, so how did these cities get buried? 

Is this being anti- science? or is this questioning what we are being taught to believe? I personally would like to stay neutral, but it is very difficult when every thing that we are taught is the opposite. The more I have investigated these creatures the more I have changed my views on what I knew of this world. This is what you do not understand , and will always be difficult for you to understand. My view and how you view this world are two different views and there is no way that we can ever agree on how science sees this world. This goes with all the witnesses and how they now look at our selves as Humans, we now look for other answers.

So was there an ice age that transformed this world which made Humans to travel to warmer climates? Then was there a melting of this ice which cause flooding, which also cause rain do to the heat from some celestial event that Hiflier has been hinting too? I mean really think about this, is this all possible? All this can be proven by science and maybe it has but has been kept from us. I do not know since I have no access to this knowledge. But science does ! One thing is for sure a great event did take place at some point at time in Human history and changed who we are and what they are. What I can say is that we are destine for another great event soon and the earth is most definitely talking to us. metaphorically IMO We hear it in the news every so often like a mother in labor with patterns and they will only get worst in time.

Are these creatures connected to what is happening in current world events? another of answers that need to be answered.

Like Fararcher, I also know what you are trying to do, yet, I have no problem playing the game. But we both know what we saw, and this is the advantage that we have, as well as all the witnesses.

However, humans disappear in the woods (aka: 411) on a regular basis, yet how many BF have we caught/killed/abducted lately?

Bigfoot is not, at least for the most part, responsible for the Missing 411.   What gets us also gets them.   

Ponder that for a while.

MIB

Ponder this...until you have personally had an encounter with one of these beings and are thus impressed with a visualization that was heretofore totally incomprehensible, IMO, 99.44% of what is found on the internet by the encounter virgins is really nothing more than rhetorical masturbation.

I have no idea what you think you're trying to say.   However, since I've already had 2 sightings for sure, probably 3, and a fair bit of other interaction, whatever it is you're trying to say, you're posing as self appointed expert to the wrong person. 

So ... would you mind translating that gibberish to English?  

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

Shadow, I've been criticized for being "anti-science," and in a number of ways it may appear to be that way, but I'm really not.  I'm just saying that many conclusions that paleoanthropologists make are based on very flimsy evidence, and that as new discoveries are made, we find them always having to back up, turn around, and go backward or forward and have to strain to cobble together another scenario.

This Out-Of-Africa narrative.  All the ancient hominoid fossils have been found in only two regions of Africa - which just coincidentally happens to be geologically favorable to find old fossils.  Just because someone finds dinosaur bones in Mongolia and the Western US doesn't mean they originated in Mongolia and the Western US.  

Then, we have the paleoanthropologists at odds with DNA scientists.  So does one trust in DNA, mitochondrial science, or do we trust those who dig, guess at what era the exposed surface bones belonged in, and what they are and where they fit?

One side has specific DNA science, the other has small piles of bones and a lot of guessing.

The Laetoli footprints were determined to be real footprints left long, long ago.  But a very, VERY large (4-5 times the size of a modern human) human-type footprint is also in rock - on Gower's Mountain in the Cleveland National Forest.  But this is considered anomalous.

A number of human tracks have been found in the Cretaceous limestone near Glen Rose, Texas, but they too, are anomalous and disregarded.  Thirteen 22-inch tracks, with a four to five foot stride were found near Alamagordo NM, and they're disregarded.  

A very defined shoe track, 16 inches long from toe to heel was found IN ROCK, and dated to 10-20 million years old - likewise anomalous and to be disregarded.  

Either geologists cannot date rocks and strata with any degree of accuracy - or we have another problem.

Incorrigible, ou may want to polish up on your reading comprehension.  Maybe get a dictionary too.  Your jump from "A" to "L" is quite a leap, establishing your unfamiliarity with OOPARTS, or Out Of Place Artifacts.  Real artifacts - out of place geologically.  Not one or two, but many, many artifacts that are geologically impossible.  At least according to geological dating.

Nowhere in there did I say anything about a young earth.  Nowhere.  Only you.  Again.

Nowhere did I say anything about a flood, great or not.  Nowhere.  Only you.  Again.  

You're real good at putting words in other peoples posts, and then deriding words YOU put in.  Classy.

Your ability to reach around and pull something out of seemingly nowhere can only be fully appreciated by a proctologist, but I find such fabrications to be purposed to just start an argument. 

You want it?  Scientifically?  

In 1987, a world wide survey of human mitochondrial DNA was published by Cann, Stoneking, and Wilson in Nature magazine.  It's main point was that "all mitochondrial DNA's stem from one woman."  (you'll have to read up on how that works - it's not my job to educate you.)

Essentially, our mitochondrial DNA comes only from our mother, and gets passed from generation to generation without recombination.  This world-wide survey pointed that we all came from one "mitochondrial Eve."   Not my term - others.

And that this mitochondrial Eve existed about 200,000 years ago, but the evolutionary time frame was completely at odds with that timeline.  Only 40 specimens of H. Erectus have been found, and they've been geologically dated 220,000 to 500,000 years.

One science is off, apparently.  Or, somehow, this mitochondrial Eve's descendents were the only humans to survive, as all other females were sterile.  

Or that a catastrophe occurred worldwide, and she was the last fertile female left.  

Or her offspring were so superior, they wiped out all other species without any interbreeding.

Or, Eve must have lived in Africa 200,000 years ago, and her offspring 100,000 years ago left Africa to conquer all other forms of man, causing them to vanish without a trace in our genetic record.

Rebecca Cann, one of the original authors of the study said paleoanthropologist could never be certain that any specific fossil left descendants, however, there was "100% certainty that genes in modern populations have a history that can be examined and will trace back in absolute time to real ancestors."

The fight was on, and every opportunity was taken to discredit these determinations.

Then in 1993, Maryellen Ruvolo from Harvard, presented new DNA sequencing rather than restriction analysis, to study a part of the cytochrome oxidase gene found in mitochondrial DNA.  Ruvolo's work was based on studying a slowly evolving portion of the mitochondrial genome, and guess what?  Got the same results as the original mitochondrial DNA study.

Before one gets offended and takes exception that any suggestion that fossils may not be dated accurately - you really have to study the tests used to get these dates they use.

The scientific principles they're based on is sound, scientific calculations.  Problem is, they never, EVER verify one another, and the real world is not a pristine scientific lab.  They can run the same tests, and dates are all over the map - and I mean not even close.  So how to they pick a date?  They pick the date within that wide, wide range that fits with their narrative.

I spent nine months once, just studying in detail different test methods and the problems with them.  It's a joke.  A scientific joke on all of us.  Potassium-Argon dating?  One little characteristic of a gas.  It migrates - upward.  You'd think common sense would bring that to their attention, but it doesn't.

So.  DNA?  Or piles of bones and guesses?

I don't really care.  I just wanted to point out that the science is not as precise as some would suggest.

No one is suggesting science is perfect. But its the only viable alternative we have.... and its gotten better.

Without venturing into forbidden territory, I'll lightly skirt the subject.

http://ncse.com/cej/2/4/paluxy-man-creationist-piltdown

"Among the prints that have been removed from this site are half a dozen detailed humanlike footprints and two large "saber-tooth cat tracks." These are frequently mentioned in creationist works. However, upon later examination, they have all turned out to be probable or actual hoaxes."

Ponder that for a while.

MIB

I have no idea what you think you're trying to say.   However, since I've already had 2 sightings for sure, probably 3, and a fair bit of other interaction, whatever it is you're trying to say, you're posing as self appointed expert to the wrong person. 

So ... would you mind translating that gibberish to English?  

MIB

MIB,

I knew you had encounters (per the profile) and was in no way trying to posture as an expert as IMO, there are none in this endeavor.

What I was saying is all the prognosticators who are sans such an experience are speaking from a position of ignorance as exemplified by many of their theories being basically FOS yet they continue to crow about what this is and what that means, et. al..

A vivid example of such is the Grendel Project contention these beings are "monsters" and to be hunted down and killed as such when IMO, those people appear to not know their collective ***** from a hole in the ground regarding such.

As they have two ears and one mouth, perhaps they should listen twice and talk once?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

"Among the prints that have been removed from this site are half a dozen detailed humanlike footprints and two large "saber-tooth cat tracks." These are frequently mentioned in creationist works. However, upon later examination, they have all turned out to be probable or actual hoaxes."

Reminds me of a graduate of the best university geologic science program who I worked with.

She knew the science, had studied it and yet since she was the daughter of a prominent (fundamentalist evangelical) religious family in the area she literally believed that nothing was older than about 6,000 years ago.

This taught me that you can know science and you can still choose to remain in ignorance.

What you need is wisdom and then you can accept the higher revelations of the infinite as well as the logical implications of the physical sciences.

But for that you need an open mind, not an empty one. 

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Reminds me of a graduate of the best university geologic science program who I worked with.

She knew the science, had studied it and yet since she was the daughter of a prominent (fundamentalist evangelical) religious family in the area she literally believed that nothing was older than about 6,000 years ago.

This taught me that you can know science and you can still choose to remain in ignorance.

What you need is wisdom and then you can accept the higher revelations of the infinite as well as the logical implications of the physical sciences.

It's like everything we know needs to be dumped and renewed, everything we thought was right is wrong. What is 6000 years old could be 6 million and that is a big difference in Human history. One cannot fathom what could have took place in 6 million years of Human evalution and yet they knew that the earth revolved around the sun. Like the carvings in stones with out tools, the understanding of geometry, which by the way I am not talking about buildings or structures. But about space and how the positioning of the stars and the accuracy that our ancestors were with out help. How can that be?

If there were millions of years passed and many things learned but destroyed , just so that it can be restarted . Then why? Why have we chosen one path and they have chosen another path? did they learn some thing that we still have not? and we have chosen to repeat this same path that only leads to destruction.

If they are not monsters but have human in them, then why choose the path that they have choosen. What is it?, that they have pass down through the lines of communications with in there groups of contact. Why do they keep a vigil watch on us? ,when we enter into their domain? Either they are plain animals with no thought at all or have learned to evade us by purely learning from us. So then, does this make them intelligent? Or are they watching us to make sure that we do not destroy their only world of existance? like we are doing to our selves. Are these thoughts that I am having considered in the old days enough to get you burned and tortured for being a heretic. Since back then this is what science was a heretic that had to be approved by a higher authorty. No !

Well I am surely not apart of that mess, and I am under a higher authorty, But I sure do not want to riffle the feathers there since science should be the main goal.

her·e·tic

ˈherəˌtik/

noun

noun: heretic; plural noun: heretics

a person believing in or practicing religious heresy

her·e·sy

ˈherəsē/

noun

noun: heresy; plural noun: heresies

belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.

an·ces·tor

ˈanˌsestər/

noun

plural noun: ancestors

a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended.

ac·cu·ra·cy

ˈakyərəsē/

noun

noun: accuracy

the quality or state of being correct or precise.

sci·ence

ˈsīəns/

noun

noun: science

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

So by the Definition of science we have to go and find the truth of what these creatures really are. Does it mean the cost of one , if it happens then it happens and it was meant to be.  If not then the cost will be great step to learning what it means to truely be wild and free. Fararcher said it right that we are all students and I agree, you can have a PHD, a Dr. in front of your name but when it comes to these creatures we are nothing but mere students.

venturing into forbidden territory

Is the place where you want to be, hope fully with a six pack. But thats just more insulan I would have to take. :) The more I learn about my self, the more I learn about their weaknesses. Many ways to slow them down.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

It's like everything we know needs to be dumped and renewed, everything we thought was right is wrong. What is 6000 years old could be 6 million and that is a big difference in Human history. One cannot fathom what could have took place in 6 million years of Human evalution and yet they knew that the earth revolved around the sun. Like the carvings in stones with out tools, the understanding of geometry, which by the way I am not talking about buildings or structures. But about space and how the positioning of the stars and the accuracy that our ancestors were with out help. How can that be?

If there were millions of years passed and many things learned but destroyed , just so that it can be restarted . Then why? Why have we chosen one path and they have chosen another path? did they learn some thing that we still have not? and we have chosen to repeat this same path that only leads to destruction.

If they are not monsters but have human in them, then why choose the path that they have choosen. What is it?, that they have pass down through the lines of communications with in there groups of contact. Why do they keep a vigil watch on us? ,when we enter into their domain? Either they are plain animals with no thought at all or have learned to evade us by purely learning from us. So then, does this make them intelligent? Or are they watching us to make sure that we do not destroy their only world of existance? like we are doing to our selves. Are these thoughts that I am having considered in the old days enough to get you burned and tortured for being a heretic. Since back then this is what science was a heretic that had to be approved by a higher authorty. No !

Well I am surely not apart of that mess, and I am under a higher authorty, But I sure do not want to riffle the feathers there since science should be the main goal.

her·e·tic

ˈherəˌtik/

noun

noun: heretic; plural noun: heretics

a person believing in or practicing religious heresy

her·e·sy

ˈherəsē/

noun

noun: heresy; plural noun: heresies

belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.

an·ces·tor

ˈanˌsestər/

noun

plural noun: ancestors

a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended.

ac·cu·ra·cy

ˈakyərəsē/

noun

noun: accuracy

the quality or state of being correct or precise.

sci·ence

ˈsīəns/

noun

noun: science

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

So by the Definition of science we have to go and find the truth of what these creatures really are. Does it mean the cost of one , if it happens then it happens and it was meant to be.  If not then the cost will be great step to learning what it means to truely be wild and free. Fararcher said it right that we are all students and I agree, you can have a PHD, a Dr. in front of your name but when it comes to these creatures we are nothing but mere students.

However, the better students, the scientists actually have understand that man did arise somewhere in the last few million years or so, in Africa, as did modern hominids. Not something that is likely to be completely overturned,

Same with geology which was used to date these fossil finds.

We are not going to find that humans where walking with dinosaurs or that the dinosaur era is only a few thousand years behind us.

The real discoveries will be much more interesting, such as the development of the hominid evolutionary tree in more detail, new hominid species and so forth.

All the pseudo science is very interesting and I have read and enjoyed it as well but science articles gives me the perspective to accept or discount those facts that are largely invented or erroneous.

Too many people want to re invent the wheel as to how things developed in the natural world.

Many of these same people would not bother reading a scientific book to learn more information for an educated logical world view.

A lot of information in the pseudo science world came from the science world originally, but was disproved a hundred, fifty, ten years ago, persisting as a consistent meme for the uninformed to repeat and embroider on, endlessly.

For many it is just a sport of he said, she said. A mental punch and judy show with a limited intellectual component.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

MIB,

I knew you had encounters (per the profile) and was in no way trying to posture as an expert as IMO, there are none in this endeavor.

What I was saying is all the prognosticators who are sans such an experience are speaking from a position of ignorance as exemplified by many of their theories being basically FOS yet they continue to crow about what this is and what that means, et. al..

A vivid example of such is the Grendel Project contention these beings are "monsters" and to be hunted down and killed as such when IMO, those people appear to not know their collective ***** from a hole in the ground regarding such.

As they have two ears and one mouth, perhaps they should listen twice and talk once?

Ok, gotcha ... or at least closer.     Thanks for clarifying.

Position-wise, I'm no-kill other than self-defense.   Norseman is a pretty decent guy.   He might be misguided .. or not.  He's heard all the no-kill side has to say.   I suspect he's given it due consideration, at least as he views that.   I'd rather leave him in peace and let him figure out what he's going to do if/when he sees one through the scope.  I think things work better if we don't force him into a position of having something to prove, something to "show us", by incessant nagging.   Maybe he's bigger than that.  I'm probably not.  If some self-righteous d-bag nagged at me long enough, I'd probably get steamed enough to take whatever action "shows them" rather than what is simply right or wrong.    If I have that level of human weakness, others likely do to.    So ... don't back them into a corner.   Don't let your need to BE right overwhelm your desire to see right done.

Just my advice, though.    Just as he's gotta do what he's gotta do, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. 

Peace, eh?

MIB

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

One thing I noticed recently is they have revised the planet too hot for life date far earlier than it was previously thought.      Apparently it cooled a lot faster than previously thought.      That gives life longer to start, more room for extinctions then restart of life.    Carbon 12 is accumulated by living organisms and presence at higher levels than natural points to life.      Accumulations of Carbon 12 in Zircon minerals point to life in water as early as 4 billion years ago which is 300 million years earler than previous estimates of the start of life.   (E. Stoye, Chemistry World Oct 2015)    

The science of today is so different than when I went to college it is almost like nothing taught then was real.   It was all made up based on what was known at the time.    I suspect things today are very similar and in a constant state of revision.     The origins of humans are so fragmentary and localized to Africa, I can probably bet safely that 50 years from now, what we think teachable science now as to the origins of humanity, is pretty much fiction.        

MIB,

I have Yuchi on ignore. I cannot see his posts until someone quotes him.

I truly think this is more about him versus me or Project Grendel. He needs some sort of self validation that he is the pro kill turned empathitic Sasquatch expert. And if you dont follow his example then your lower than a snakes belly. Good for him.

Project Grendel is NOT about me. We have many members who are witnesses, and we even have a very knowledgable researcher as a member of the forum. They support killing one type specimen to prove it exists. Why? Because that is what science asks for. End of story. So while Yuchi can rake me over the coals for not being a witness which then in his own universe invalidates any opinion I may have? That certainly does not hold true with everyone else involved with Grendel. In fact in my opinion we have members that he couldnt shine their shoes for them.

And I know who Yuchi is, many of us do, its against this forums rules for outing a forum member and I respect that. But I absolutely know what I'm against, he has tons of content online. And Project Grendel is just the flavor of the day. He is/has gone after the TBRC/NAWAC, the GCBRO and the MABRC.

Its silly......I dont make a habit of slandering anti kill Bigfoot groups on a daily basis. What ever drives him is beyond me. And I understand his position and accept it. But why he takes it this far? Unknown.

So that's that.