Sign in to follow this  
parnassus

How Many People Recall Seeing The Pgf At An Early Age?

For those who are at least 51% sure bigfoot exists  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's a clip from the Six Million Dollar Man/Bigfoot episode. The show came on Sunday evenings when I was a kid and I was always parked in front of the TV to watch it. I can still remember how *stoked* I was the week before this episode originally aired when the *highlights* for the next episode were shown and I realized BF was going to be a part of it.

The former pro-wrestler Andre the Giant played the role of BF.

It looks a bit hokey now, but at the time, it was the schnizzle..... B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktcQ2A32cU

lol, I seem to remember another TV show from around the same era, lol........enjoy.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obxfuFrUTzg

parnassus

lol, I seem to remember another TV show ...

aha HR is busted!!

Edited by parnassus

Yeah, I'm busted I used to live for that show as a kid. Always wanted me one of them *talking flutes* and I had an Aunt that made Witcheypoo look hot. :lol:

Interesting poll so far. Looks like about 56% of those who have responded were between the ages of 6 and 12 when they first saw it.

parnassus

Yeah, I'm busted I used to live for that show as a kid. Always wanted me one of them *talking flutes* and I had an Aunt that made Witcheypoo look hot. :lol:

Interesting poll so far. Looks like about 56% of those who have responded were between the ages of 6 and 12 when they first saw it.

when I was that age, some friends and I went camping in a field at the edge of town and there was a fairly effective prank done on us ("wild dogs") that scared us, but also taught me about human nature.

Guest Kerchak

When I was a kid I vaguely remember the Canadian t.v series 'The Beachcombers' mentioning sasquatch or bigfoot. I think this might have been around the time of the Six Million Dollar Man episode, or shortly after and that's when my ears pricked up. I don't recal the context. If it was an entire episode or just a mention I have no idea.

Guest MetalMtnMan

I first saw the PGF when i was in my mid to late 20's, i was 43 i think when I saw "The Legend of Boggy Creek." I was 42 or so when i got interested in BF, at that time i started viewing the PGF again, but the more i see it now it just looks like a human in a suit to me.

WV FOOTER

I also was around 7 yrs. Old when I seen the Pgf at the local theater preceeding the feature. I also remember in the film, footprints with a stride of around 5 ft. I have been a Bigfoot junkie ever since.

Guest LAL

I'm *ahem* not in that age group. I saw it in a theater in Portland, Oregon, (circa 1974) and was stunned to see someone I knew on the big screen. No, he wasn't Patty. ;) I was comparatively young at the time.

SweatyYeti

I first saw the PG Film in the early-to-mid 70's, as a teenager, and my initial reaction to it was that it was a hoax...due to the coincidental timing of the "creature's" look-back, with the steadying of the camera. The subject looking back only a few seconds after the camera became steady seemed just too coincidental, for my liking.

But, despite my first impression of it...as a probable hoax...I never thought the subject looked like an 'obvious suit'. There was, in fact, one aspect of Patty that made me wonder about, and question, what she was....it was the size, and shape, of the head.

Her sharply-narrowing head looked...(and still looks)...to me like it may be a bit too small to house a 'modern human's' head...(for the subject's body height).

Actually, seeing the film on tv, through the 70's, and 80's...it always had a little bit of an 'eerie, creepy' feeling to it, to me..because of the size/shape of the head... :blink:

And it was only last weekend that I finally got around to doing a head/body size comparison, between Patty and a human....Bob Heironimus. (The human came up a little short on body height, with his head sized to fit Patty's....not too surprisingly ;) ).

Sunflower

I never saw the PGF at all. It seems to me that I remember standing in line at the grocery store and would laugh to myself if the Enguirer had a bigfoot story on the cover. I'm old plus I was a total skeptic of anything bigfoot ever since I can remember. If I didn't see it, then it didn't exist. That all changed a few years ago.

What is amazing is I really want to go back to the old place in Oklahoma and check it out thoroughly but that will be later this year perhaps. So no, any film or book was not on my list if there were cryptid creatures in it.

And it seems that TV was not a top priority for me. I recognize some of the programs that you guys mention here just from reading the schedule but didn't watch them.

I was outside either riding my horse or in the barn and some days I never turned the TV on at all.