Bodhi

Bob Gimlin Was Interviewed April 16Th On C2C

Bodhi

I mention it here for obvious reasons. Bob mentioned a number of things I hadn't heard previously.

First, he didn't cover the tracks with boxes because by the rain was so hard that they were ruined before he could use them. He used pine boughs and pieces of bark he found in the drainage during the downpour to cover the tracks as best he could. Which I found very interesting considering titmus' claims. Also re titmus, bob talked at length about the numerous mudslides that were so terrible they were pushing gimlins duley 1 ton pickup/and horses so much that the slides almost pushed them off a cliff. It took them hours to get out as the roads were washed out/covered over by slides. This is a remote area which received another heavy rain on the 27th. How likely is it that titmus was able to get back into this area? The story the rain, cardboard boxes and the guys' difficult drive out of the area starts about at about minute 51.

Edited by Bodhi

Crowlogic

It's safe to assume that P&G had a rough time getting out.  The bark story could be true but I don't know if any of the others ever said they found covered tracks.  The shame is that nobody made a truly good recording of the track way and site details until too long after the fact.  I wonder since bigfoot was more Patterson's thing why did Gimlin felt so strongly to preserve tracks that Patterson was indifferent about after filming.

• Upvote 1

Bodhi

yeah that part was odd too. According to gimlin, the two of them are sleeping in camp. gimlin hears the rain starting to fall and attempts to rouse patterson who tells him that it isn't going to rain. It continues to rain. gimlin again rouses patterson to tell him that they should get back and protect the tracks, like right now. patterson tells him it isn't going to rain. The rain becomes torrential and gimlin's cardboard boxes become unusable. gimlin saddles his horse and rides out to the trackway on his own, covers a few of the tracks with found materials as best he can.

With regard to them getting out, it sounded harrowing. They tried a couple different routes and had more than a couple of close calls. At one point a tree came flowing down at them in one of the mud slides. These were significant mudslides and the bluff creek drainage had to be hit pretty hard.

I always doubted titmus' story because the timing seemed so convenient and because he went up there to measure & map but didn't bring anything with which to measure.

I wonder now, how he could have gotten up there and after hearing about how bad this rain was and how "slap dash" the covering of tracks was and how late the covering occurred I now wonder if the tracks even survived. Listen to gimlin talk about that storm, then look at pictures of that drainage. I think it's reasonable to suppose that the tracks were compromised that day.

Bigfoothunter

I mention it here for obvious reasons. Bob mentioned a number of things I hadn't heard previously.

First, he didn't cover the tracks with boxes because by the rain was so hard that they were ruined before he could use them. He used pine boughs and pieces of bark he found in the drainage during the downpour to cover the tracks as best he could. Which I found very interesting considering titmus' claims. Also re titmus, bob talked at length about the numerous mudslides that were so terrible they were pushing gimlins duley 1 ton pickup/and horses so much that the slides almost pushed them off a cliff. It took them hours to get out as the roads were washed out/covered over by slides. This is a remote area which received another heavy rain on the 27th. How likely is it that titmus was able to get back into this area? The story the rain, cardboard boxes and the guys' difficult drive out of the area starts about at about minute 51.

Didn't Titmus say he walked up Bluff Creek looking for the film site - and that he walked past the sandbar on the first attempt to then find the tracks on the second day. If I am correct - Titmus went on  foot looking for the film site.

Bodhi

I haven't read that, but it would make sense depending on where he started. Any ideas on that?

Bodhi

By the way, if you have missed the show it's available, briefly I'm sure, on youtube. Look for Conflict Archive(s)? It's a really good interview, the weather stuff starts around minute 52 if I remember correctly.

Bigfoothunter

yeah that part was odd too. According to gimlin, the two of them are sleeping in camp. gimlin hears the rain starting to fall and attempts to rouse patterson who tells him that it isn't going to rain. It continues to rain. gimlin again rouses patterson to tell him that they should get back and protect the tracks, like right now. patterson tells him it isn't going to rain. The rain becomes torrential and gimlin's cardboard boxes become unusable. gimlin saddles his horse and rides out to the trackway on his own, covers a few of the tracks with found materials as best he can.

With regard to them getting out, it sounded harrowing. They tried a couple different routes and had more than a couple of close calls. At one point a tree came flowing down at them in one of the mud slides. These were significant mudslides and the bluff creek drainage had to be hit pretty hard.

I always doubted titmus' story because the timing seemed so convenient and because he went up there to measure & map but didn't bring anything with which to measure.

I wonder now, how he could have gotten up there and after hearing about how bad this rain was and how "slap dash" the covering of tracks was and how late the covering occurred I now wonder if the tracks even survived. Listen to gimlin talk about that storm, then look at pictures of that drainage. I think it's reasonable to suppose that the tracks were compromised that day.

Patterson wasn't said to have told Gimlin it wasn't going to rain ... Gimlin said Roger didn't believe it was going to rain for very long. That was the excuse Roger gave for not wanting to get up and go to the film site around 5:30AM.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/interviews/john.htm

Roger and Bob were camped across the creek at the base of Onion Mountain. Because much of the road on Onion Mountain was a steep downhill bulldozer trail in dirt - they opted to take the road that followed the creek, but found that a slide had crossed it preventing them from being able to drive out that way. This left the two men little choice but to go back up the hill by which they came. When Gimlin's truck started losing traction - Bob had no choice but to run up the hill and see if he could get the Cat tractor he had seen parked up there.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Bodhi

dude, I just listened to the interview. I just heard the guy say what I wrote above. You might want to do that yourself before writing that I'm wrong. Where you get the temerity to correct me on something you haven't heard I do not know but wow.

Edited by Bodhi
  • Upvote 3

Bigfoothunter

By the way, if you have missed the show it's available, briefly I'm sure, on youtube. Look for Conflict Archive(s)? It's a really good interview, the weather stuff starts around minute 52 if I remember correctly.

There are quite a few topics - if you come across it again ... post the name as I would be curious to see it.

Bigfoothunter

dude, I just listened to the interview. I just heard the guy say what I wrote above. You might want to do that yourself before writing that I'm wrong. Where you get the temerity to correct me on something you haven't heard I do not know but wow.

Was it Gimlin saying this or the show making the claim.   Post the title of the show so to know which one it was.

Bodhi

https://youtu.be/I7RRvpms9mw

The whole thing is good, and I'm a skeptic. The weather part is around minute 51. I'll say this, gimlin has a way of conveying a story that really works well over the radio. I enjoyed it. I couldn't bring myself to listen to the matthew johnson interview but he's apparently on after gimlin.

Bigfoothunter

I haven't read that, but it would make sense depending on where he started. Any ideas on that?

I just recall Bob Titmus saying he walked past the site on the first day and found it on the second day. I do not think it was just a matter of a few miles hike upstream from the base of Onion Mountain to the film site.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Bodhi

It's all gimlin. It's really good, he's really good.

Bodhi

I just recall Bob Titmus saying he walked past the site on the first day and found it on the second day.

was this in an interview, a recorded convention speech? Any idea of the approximate year it's from?

Bodhi

I just recall Bob Titmus saying he walked past the site on the first day and found it on the second day.

It rained more on the 27th than it had the night patterson & gimlin were there. I feel bad for titmus if he was walking the creek drainage at the same time.