Bodhi

Bob Gimlin Was Interviewed April 16Th On C2C

Bigfoothunter

I haven't read that, but it would make sense depending on where he started. Any ideas on that?

I just recall Bob Titmus saying he walked past the site on the first day and found it on the second day.

was this in an interview, a recorded convention speech? Any idea of the approximate year it's from?

Letter to John Green after Bob came back from the film site.

Martin

Regarding Titmus: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/more-titmus.htm

Byrne, Dahinden and Slick claimed Titmus was a fraud.

Sanderson suspected that he faked evidence with moose hair.

Byrne on Titmus as corroborated by Gerry Crew, Steve Matthes, Red Mathis and Red Mathis wife:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/byrne_on_titmus.htm

Doesnt sound like someone to be trusted

• Upvote 1

Martin

I haven't read that, but it would make sense depending on where he started. Any ideas on that?

I just recall Bob Titmus saying he walked past the site on the first day and found it on the second day.

was this in an interview, a recorded convention speech? Any idea of the approximate year it's from?

Letter to John Green typed on John Green's typewriter?

• Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

dude, I just listened to the interview. I just heard the guy say what I wrote above. You might want to do that yourself before writing that I'm wrong. Where you get the temerity to correct me on something you haven't heard I do not know but wow.

I see what Bob has done ... it appears that age may have played a part in his description of Roger's remarks as he has told it for many years like he did to John Green a quarter of a Century earlier ...

Gimlin%20rain_zpsa4ae3gvn.jpg

Bigfoothunter

Byrne on Titmus as corroborated by Gerry Crew, Steve Matthes, Red Mathis and Red Mathis wife:

There is much to the story that has been left out, but consider the source. Bobby Short was a Peter Byrne fan - Dahinden, Green, and Titmus didn't care for Peter and felt he was taking advantage of Slick. Green has said that Titmus felt there were a couple of guys working for Slick that were frauds. The Moose hair was a way of finding out if these guys really knew the difference. Of course when Byrne found out about - the spinning of the tale began. In the end, Slick and Titmus remained on good terms as it was Tom who asked Titmus to investigate in BC. Slick did not pay Titmus - Bob took up driving a cab to fund his work in BC.

Peter ended up being caught in  several fraudulent claims from Track-way finds to SS Fraud.

Bigfoothunter

Letter to John Green typed on John Green's typewriter?

Titmus sent Green a hand written letter from California where Bob's parents were living.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

kitakaze

By the way, if you have missed the show it's available, briefly I'm sure, on youtube. Look for Conflict Archive(s)? It's a really good interview, the weather stuff starts around minute 52 if I remember correctly.

Just in case your link goes down later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnv6f9AK38U

• Upvote 1

Bodhi

Thanks Kit!

I need to figure out how to insert the actual shows rather than just pasting the link, yours is much better. Thanks again!

Bodhi

You know, I was listening to SasWhat and one of the hosts was saying that he liked Titmus in spite of all the claims against him. I wanted to check up on what those claims were but then I saw something shiny and forgot to follow up, thanks for including the links and reminding me. This "field of study" seems to have more than it's fair share of kooks, frauds, hoaxers, characters. :o

Bodhi

I know green went the site in the summer of '68. Did titmus go a second time or is that letter from his oct. 67 trip?

Bodhi

dude, I just listened to the interview. I just heard the guy say what I wrote above. You might want to do that yourself before writing that I'm wrong. Where you get the temerity to correct me on something you haven't heard I do not know but wow.

I see what Bob has done ... it appears that age may have played a part in his description of Roger's remarks as he has told it for many years like he did to John Green a quarter of a Century earlier ...

The guy is a natural born story teller. I don't believe in sasquatch for a second but I thoroughly enjoyed the interview, although near the end it sorta' sounded like he was "hitting" on the interviewer which creeped my out a little. Still though, it was great radio.

I still haven't listened to the matt johnson part and probably will not because I don't believe anything that comes out the guy's mouth.

Bodhi

So let me ask you a question. Say you are titmus, the first one to go back to the site since the subject was filmed. You have to pack in and your stated purpose for going is to map the site. Would you, using your own reasoning skills, bring something with which to measure (ruler, tape measurer)?

For me, it's a huge red flag that titmus failed to bring anything like that and seems to defeat the purpose of such a difficult journey.

I think the reason that dahinden went in 69 was that he wasn't satisfied with the work of either titmus in 67 or green/mcclarin in 68.

Edited by Bodhi
  • Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

I know green went the site in the summer of '68. Did titmus go a second time or is that letter from his oct. 67 trip?

Titmus was visiting his parents in California when he heard about Patterson encounter and film. Bob went to look for the film site and when he returned back to his parents house - he wrote Green about his findings. I do not recall Bob going back there again.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Bigfoothunter

The guy is a natural born story teller. I don't believe in sasquatch for a second but I thoroughly enjoyed the interview, although near the end it sorta' sounded like he was "hitting" on the interviewer which creeped my out a little. Still though, it was great radio.

I still haven't listened to the matt johnson part and probably will not because I don't believe anything that comes out the guy's mouth.

The Interviewer was John Green and you are the first person who has ever said that Gimlin seemed to be hitting on Green, which has now creep-ed me out. Green is a member here, so maybe keep your uniformed "creep" views to yourself.

Bigfoothunter

For me, it's a huge red flag that titmus failed to bring anything like that and seems to defeat the purpose of such a difficult journey.

So let me ask you a question. Say you are titmus, the first one to go back to the site since the subject was filmed. You have to pack in and your stated purpose for going is to map the site. Would you, using your own reasoning skills, bring something with which to measure (ruler, tape measurer)?

Titmus drew a map ... to know why Bob didn't measure off the site is to understand his purpose for going there.

As far as the journey being difficult - it wasn't. Laverty and Crew did it. Henry and McClarin did it. None of them reported any difficulty in getting there or having to pack anything in.

Edited by Bigfoothunter