Bodhi

Bob Gimlin Was Interviewed April 16Th On C2C

Bodhi

BD,

I suggest that you listen to:

How patterson directs the movement of the two men during the days prior to filming the subject

How patterson stops gimlin from going after the filmed subject by claiming he "thought" there might be more sasquatches on the hill although he hadn't seen or heard anything to give him reason to think this.

How patterson does nothing to protect the trackway, prints from the storm whilst gimlin, who I believe was the dupe in this thing, is compelled to go out in the driving rain to attempt to protect the tracks with bark and pine boughs.

Listen to how gimlin describes patterson behavior before and after with this in mind and let me know you thoughts. Thanks for asking about that.

Bob Gimlin could not possibly have been hoaxed. 

The reason why is because of the trackway, at the scene. If the film is a hoax, then the trackway must have been faked. A man wearing fake feet could not possibly have made such deep, and well-defined footprints. 

And Bob Gimlin would have been well aware of the trackway being faked. Therefore, he could not have been hoaxed. :)

yes, if it was a hoax the trackway was a fake. Are you placing your full faith on those tracks because I've got some questions for you if that is the case. The track way might have been laid out by a patterson cohort whilst patterson was leading gimlin around in circles.

Gimlin was/is a tracker but I contend that no one is beyond being fooled. Ask Meldrum about being a dupe for hoaxers if you doubt me.....

Bodhi

^^

Right you are, SweatyYeti. And where did Martin get the information that Patterson called Gimlin back because he thought there were Sasquatch on the hill? Is this Martin re-writing history?  I have only ever read that Patterson was only concerned that there had been several sized tracks found in the area recently and didn't want to be caught on foot without his horse and/or a way of protecting himself as to why Roger called Gimlin back. This all makes me wonder if it is just me or does there seem to be a modus-operandi being used by certain skeptics to add details to the Bluff Creek encounter that they are just making up. I mean anyone can remember something incorrectly, but it seems to happen somewhat often these days and always with a theme that something fishy had gone on.

I believe, that gimlin states that patterson called him (gimlin) back for just this reason during the interview which is the subject of this thread.

And, I see very little difference between the two statements anyway. patterson called gimlin back because patterson claimed he thought there might be more sasquatches on the hill OR patterson called gimlin back because patterson claimed he didn't want to be caught on foot by.... (the sasquatches on the previously mentioned hill)....

The modus operandi I am seeing is that you and bigfoot hunter have selective memories, use logical fallacies to attack others and make generally disruptive comments to side-track threads.

Bodhi

Quick impressions (with more to come) after listening to the Coast to Coast interview with Gimlin. 

Issue:  "Full Moon"

Gimlin stated after the event and going to Al's store they went back to the camp site later that night it was a "full moon or bright moon".

Checking the online records, this is what is listed in the month of Oct 1967 moon phases:

1967 Full Moon  Oct. 18 and Oct 19th.  Coverage on the 18th was 100% Coverage; 99% full moon on 19th, and on the 20th was 97% covered.

As we can see, it was a near full moon as Gimlin's recollection on Oct 20th 1967.  That is supportive of the memory of Gimlin and very easy story he tells in this interview.

BD

agreed BD. Although some of the believers have implied that gimlin's memory is faulty he seemed completely lucid to me.

SweatyYeti

yes, if it was a hoax the trackway was a fake. Are you placing your full faith on those tracks because I've got some questions for you if that is the case. The trackway might have been laid out by a patterson cohort whilst patterson was leading gimlin around in circles.

That scenario doesn't work, Bodhi.   :)

Bob Gimlin would still have to have been aware of the faked trackway, even if it was made ahead of time....because of the actor's trackway...(which would have ran right beside the pre-made faked tracks.) If there was a 2nd trackway there, Bob Gimlin would have seen it.

Again....if the film is a hoax...then the trackway had to have been faked....and Bob Gimlin would have been fully aware of it. 

I suggest you go back to the skeptical drawing board.....and try again. :popcorn:

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

^^

Right you are, SweatyYeti. And where did Martin get the information that Patterson called Gimlin back because he thought there were Sasquatch on the hill? Is this Martin re-writing history?  I have only ever read that Patterson was only concerned that there had been several sized tracks found in the area recently and didn't want to be caught on foot without his horse and/or a way of protecting himself as to why Roger called Gimlin back. This all makes me wonder if it is just me or does there seem to be a modus-operandi being used by certain skeptics to add details to the Bluff Creek encounter that they are just making up. I mean anyone can remember something incorrectly, but it seems to happen somewhat often these days and always with a theme that something fishy had gone on.

There does seem to be a lot of misinformation being posted by the skeptics these days, BH....(especially by Crowlogic.)  

It's pretty much the only way that they can "de-bunk" the PGF.  :haha:

Backdoc

agreed BD. Although some of the believers have implied that gimlin's memory is faulty he seemed completely lucid to me.

Well, in this interview on C2C it is the most Crisp and sharp I have ever heard the old Gimlin talk.  He actually took a nap before the interview to be awake for the late interview on C2C.  He sounded very crisp.  To me he did not seem like a man searching to remember what the last part of the last lie he told. He had no problem saying things a little different around the edges from things Roger might have said.  As an older man, I was touched how this older Gimlin did not want to go there on Roger cheating him as he wanted to put that in the past. He did tell the interview lady he would talk to her in private about it but did not want to go there as that was negative and he wanted to stay positive.  Gimlin said many phrases I have heard him say before in his answers to questions he has been asked before.  He was not strained save for one time where he paused and said, "I'm getting my 'Al's' mixed up" when he got talking too fast.

His description of the event is like good storytelling.  He knows the story as it seems he was there.

I was very very impressed with Gimlin in this interview. Also it was long enough where we really got to hear the timeline from the beginning to now.

I don't expect all skeptics to be impressed.  That is fine.  But I was.

BD

Martin

^^

Oh that is right, Martin .... That was a different skeptic (Bodhi) .....

And by the way and someone can correct me if I am wrong, but would not that be the same two expert hunters that claimed they saw the creature if my memory is correct. So which is it, Martin ... they really saw the Bigfoot and reported it to Slick or they were feeding Slick a line of BS in your view?

1) Seems Bodhi was correct when he made that statement.

2) It is really simple. They were all fleecing Slick one way or another.

Edited by Martin

Backdoc

I suggest that you listen to:

How patterson directs the movement of the two men during the days prior to filming the subject

I did not pick up on anything unusual there.  He stated they went to that area due to hearing about these tracks. Gimlin was a friend of Roger's from his rodeo time and an outdoorsman in the mold of the Marburro Man.  He had never seen tracks and wanted to see some for himself. He was disappointed when they got down there and there was little to no traces to look at.  They went to the area of Bluff Creek after being many places. Even if Patterson directed him there, they went for 4 miles from their camp.  Patterson I don't think really directed them. They were in the Mt St Helens are as was their intent until hearing about the tracks down south. Had it not been for being summoned down to Bluff Creek or the nearby mountain, they would have stayed in the Mr. St. Helne's area.  If the thought is someone waited for hrs in an ape suit for Patterson to direct Gimlin to come across Patty that is some sort of plan and timing.  Gimlin regardless of any arrangement could have saw rogers excitement or his own and shot the guy in the suit or been crazy enough to ride his horse in pursuit until the guy in the suit collapsed from heat stroke.

How patterson stops gimlin from going after the filmed subject by claiming he "thought" there might be more sasquatches on the hill although he hadn't seen or heard anything to give him reason to think this.

Gimlin states he did not know for sure until he they talked and rehashed the event later why Patterson wanted him back.  Makes sense.  Patterson was vunerable with no horse or no gun.  If he had a gun it was on his horse.  If he has just seen a large massive ape like creature he had reason to be a bit nervous.  Roger really had no way to stop gimlin.  Gimlin while on his horse chose to turn around.  He did not have to.  I supposed we are to think Roger begged him to come back so Gimlin would not see Heironimus hiding down in a hole to cool off.  If the implication is Roger was trying to keep Gimlin from finding out about the hoax then that is a stretch. Gimlin could have simply told roger, "You are fine, I will be right back." and just turned around anyway.

How patterson does nothing to protect the trackway, prints from the storm whilst gimlin, who I believe was the dupe in this thing, is compelled to go out in the driving rain to attempt to protect the tracks with bark and pine boughs.

Patterson was asleep and did not get up to protect the pathway. Apparently after making cast and film and filming the creature the last thing a tired Roger wanted to do was to get up out of sleeping in his truck and go out and cover the tracks. It must have been their intention as gimlin has boxes he has taken from Al's store for that purpose.  So gimlin went out by 5:30-6am time to cover the tracks with bark the best he could. It was raining hard and the creek was rising.  If I was in Patterson's shoes there is no way in the world I would have got up and protected the trackway. I has it all on film and plaster and dogs are coming to help us track the thing.

Listen to how gimlin describes patterson behavior before and after with this in mind and let me know you thoughts. Thanks for asking about that.

Patterson's behavior was that of a exited and then later tired guy who made 2 phone calls and called some guy to bring tracking dogs down.  He anticipated tracking Patty some more.  he already knew he had the tracks, the testing of the tracks, the plaster, and the PGF already.  He had hrs before air mailed it to Big Al.  Sounds like a good day with all that could be done was done. Then he went to sleep which is understandable.  There is no behavior I heard which sounds suspect to me.

In summary. I thought for the first time this interview put the whole PGF in perspective.  Something I never thought about: They were tired.  Gimlin explains for instance why he was not there for the showing of the film. he was not there because after how tired he was for a couple of weeks of being out in the bush and the experience of trying to get out in the rain, he wanted to get back home and sleep which he did. He anticpated the film would be as good as what he saw live. He saw it later and felt it was disappointing as it was not as detailed as what he saw live.

It makes perfect sense Gimlin was absent form the first viewing now that I have heard the ordeal describe by someone who was there.

Gimlin sounded very convincing. I mean very convincing esp in light of comparing this interview to other interviews I have heard him give on Youtube and History Channel and so on. 

Those are just some of the thoughts from what you have suggested I listen for.  What was your impressions?

BD

Edited by Backdoc

Bigfoothunter

1) I was answering a direct question to another member. It had zero to do with you or your opinion of what is nonsense.

2) It's not nonsense, it's a fact that patterson was leading gimlin, literally, around in circles for a couple of days prior to filming the subject. Gimlin states as much in the interview. If you can't comprehend how this might lead to set up, I think you might be being willfully ignorant.

!)  So we cannot respond to something said to another member -  I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

2)  Try citing Gimlin's exact words and forget the "states as much".  And was Patterson leading Gimlin in circles when Bob went out on his own?  Keep in mind they went there on an invite to film the hundreds of tracks that Green's party had seen so would they not ride anywhere and everywhere in that area looking for places where tracks might be found - of course they would. And when they covered a particular area - the started searching over it again in hopes of seeing fresh tracks. The only evidence that points to any other motive is someone like yourself using the word "might". How about this .... you might be making up stuff that you have no evidence of.

Bigfoothunter

^^

Oh that is right, Martin .... That was a different skeptic (Bodhi) .....

And by the way and someone can correct me if I am wrong, but would not that be the same two expert hunters that claimed they saw the creature if my memory is correct. So which is it, Martin ... they really saw the Bigfoot and reported it to Slick or they were feeding Slick a line of BS in your view?

1) Seems Bodhi was correct when he made that statement.

2) It is really simple. They were all fleecing Slick one way or another.

The only people fleecing Slick was the guy in charge who spent more time in the bar and hotel while the others remained in the bush. If you have evidence that Green fleeced Slick - let us hear it. The same for Dahinden? The same for Titmus who Slick asked to research for him in the Kitimat, BC area to which Bob did while using his own money?

Squatchy McSquatch

Who fleeced who?

Who's on first?

The same nonsense every time.

• Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

^^

Are you talking about your response - if so then I agree.

Squatchy McSquatch

^^^ I can't hear you...

You're on ignore...

Again...

What was that about Gimlin?

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter

^^

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013   I'm on ignore and yet you respond to my post. That is hilarious.

Bodhi

yes, if it was a hoax the trackway was a fake. Are you placing your full faith on those tracks because I've got some questions for you if that is the case. The trackway might have been laid out by a patterson cohort whilst patterson was leading gimlin around in circles.

That scenario doesn't work, Bodhi.   :)

Bob Gimlin would still have to have been aware of the faked trackway, even if it was made ahead of time....because of the actor's trackway...(which would have ran right beside the pre-made faked tracks.) If there was a 2nd trackway there, Bob Gimlin would have seen it.

Again....if the film is a hoax...then the trackway had to have been faked....and Bob Gimlin would have been fully aware of it. 

I suggest you go back to the skeptical drawing board.....and try again. :popcorn:

Not necessarily so. I keep saying I'm going to post my questions regarding the trackway and I will, life threw a slight curve ball though and I have to deal with that first. I will be pleased to address your point in that thread though. Thanks for the substantive post though.