Finding Bigfoot Cancelled

WV FOOTER

BFF Patron

That always turns into a session where the cast teaches the new person on the show the nuances of tree knocking and howls.     I would only do field work with a cast member under my conditions.   Somehow I don't think the producers would like that.   I still expect to encounter some BFRO investigator in my old research area since the BFRO has never contacted me about my submitted reports.    There has to be some reason for that.   Too bad because as a result I no longer submit BFRO reports.    

• 1 month later...
Guest sprayanpray

This entertainment show has become something of a repeat and repeat they travel into a State, talk in a group setting ,one of the members camps over night. The other members interviews a few witness, and then maybe some kind of group met up in the woods and they spend sometime making noise to draw in a Bigfoot/Sasquatch. The producers/show executives need a wake up and change it around. I have a feeling this show is on it last leg unless changes come to the group. Here is a though try going into the woods without a group or a tag along no film crew. You do the filming, you set up base camp for a week or so maybe a cast visit of a single person not the whole group.  Behave like you are hunting like a lot of hunters that see the animal/creature when the camps are visited.              

Edited by sprayanpray

That show was terrible, it was all about ratings and Matt Moneymaker wanting cameras pointing at him the whole time. How about we get more shows on TV where people actually investigate with science. Has anyone seen the couple of episodes MonsterQuest dedicated to bigfoot? I'd watch a whole series done like that!

bravo

Guest ewashguy56

I am glad the show wasn't cancelled. Can't wait for the new season

There are a lot of us waiting. Cliff posts quite a bit on twitter, and is constantly asked when is the show coming back. He still doesn't know but thinks it will maybe be for the fall. He also says they are still filming new shows too. :fan:

• 1 month later...
Guest ewashguy56

Cliff has been tweeting that they are still filming new shows, but guesses they won't air till this fall or next year. He doesn't really know.

On 7/31/2016 at 0:20 PM, bf2011HBMay said:

No more episodes aired this year or no more filmed this year?

On 7/31/2016 at 4:02 PM, ewashguy56 said:

Cliff has been tweeting that they are still filming new shows, but guesses they won't air till this fall or next year. He doesn't really know.

I ran into Cliff in Remer and he was there because they were filming an episode. He's also been active on the 'Remer, Bigfoot Capitol' thread

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/54121-remer-minnesota-the-bigfoot-capitol/

As I said no new episodes til 2017.  I will come clean . I actually know a  person who works  for  Animal Planet.  

Cliff is truthful when he says he has no idea when it will air again.  It will, but  my friend says  not this year.   That could change she says  .

If it does it will be   around November.  The  actors are not privy to the air dates.  She has assured me that if  it was cancelled  Animal Planet would not have  ordered more episodes and continued to film. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

• 5 months later...
BFF Patron

I blundered into a new 2017 two hour episode last night.     2 hours filmed in Western North Carolina.     Same stuff.   Cast howls and knocking followed by a few distant and indistinct responses then nothing.   Next weeks episode is looking for some miniature furry creature in Hawaii.     Chance of success with that is too low to calculate. 

I don't like their approach to squatching. They're always on the run and have a single evening left for night opts.  It would be far more interesting for me to see them chronicle a week spent in a certain location. Unless you're Survivorman, that doesn't generate enough advertising dollars.

^ I think the cast is frustrated by the inherent limitations of a television show, as well.  But ultimately, it's either do it this way or don't do it.  And I think most would say that overall the show has been a positive development for the phenomenon.  At the very least, the town hall meetings are a great way to convey that everyday folks have these experiences; maybe they embolden others to speak out?

I guess IMO they get an "A" for effort, anyway.

The network is there to make money.  The production crew is there to make money.   If it does not sell to the general masses it does not matter how much the die hard footers like it, we still don't get to see it.    I think they do pretty well given the economic realities of TV.    It seems the cast laid down the law when it came to misrepresenting stuff just for ratings.   I have to give them credit for that.   There's also not enough real substantial material like we'd all like to see to fill an hour slot every week.   To do a real show for 'footers, I think it would have to be a series of intermittent "specials".   We can hope for something like that in the future I suppose.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Why do folks make excuses for this program. It's been the same complaints about the same format for ten seasons. It gets tiresome hearing the public grouse about the A Team never finding Bigfoot. Oh but the shw has done a lot of good. No. It hasn't. Oh, but the show has raised wider public awareness of the subject. Yeah, public awareness that Bigfoot researchers in the field are idiots who might as well be on a snipe hunt. I'm sorry, I don't mean to grouse about things myself but I think this show has done some real damage to serious researchers who now can't tell the difference between a Sasquatch wood knock/howl and being hoaxed by other people in the woods or each other.

Generally speaking this whole charade that passes for docu-tainment is just a ridiculous joke and I've been shocked actually that the BFRO would stoop this low.......again. I remind myself that the advertisers and the camera crew and the producers and the directors and whoever else aren't the only ones making money here. Everyone's a party to this and everyone involved in the show has a stake in keeping it going. The PGF is turning 50 this year and no one knows that better than the marketers- ALL of the marketers whether they're the "good guys" or not. This program has delivered a serious blow to what little credibility there was for the serious field investigator. Belief in Bigfoot? How has this show been beneficial for that? In truth it's had the opposite effect. It is so sad really to see the people Squatchers look up to and respect portrayed so gullible and ineffective. It sends a lousy message to the public.

Rant over