Utah Sasquatch Research

Explorer

You could simply look at spy satellite imagery if you can find any (more companies are selling imagery with higher resolution these days) I think a helicopter which has relatively low rotor noise with a flir system and a pan and zoom telescopic setup recording to a hard drive might be a good way to survey at a relatively low cost. You could hover at dusk over high mountain valleys with remote ponds with no public access and stay for a few hours at a time. If you find something you could rappel or parachute in a team to further survey the area. If you had a dart gun you might even get lucky and be able to get DNA and take measurements.

Is it just me or is the helicopter idea just way over the top of what most folks can afford? I say this because even if a helicopter ride was financially within reach having one stay in the air after dusk and beyond is an "after-normal-business-hours" insurance risk and so would be exorbitant. Add thermal and a DNA extraction system and we are talking several thousands of dollars.

It's not that the idea is bad at all understand. But in my case it is so monetarily out of reach it isn't even funny. Never mind having the parachuting team or heaven forbid- me rappelling out of a helo just to measure footprints. The pilot would more than likely deem me certifiable.

Edited by hiflier

SSR Team

What's this then ? I've skimmed through the video but couldn't find it at all.

post-136-0-22098100-1464737622.jpeg

SSR Team

It looks like me a little bit looking at it like this..;)

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

You could simply look at spy satellite imagery if you can find any (more companies are selling imagery with higher resolution these days) I think a helicopter which has relatively low rotor noise with a flir system and a pan and zoom telescopic setup recording to a hard drive might be a good way to survey at a relatively low cost. You could hover at dusk over high mountain valleys with remote ponds with no public access and stay for a few hours at a time. If you find something you could rappel or parachute in a team to further survey the area. If you had a dart gun you might even get lucky and be able to get DNA and take measurements.

Is it just me or is the helicopter idea just way over the top of what most folks can afford? I say this because even if a helicopter ride was financially within reach having one stay in the air after dusk and beyond is an "after-normal-business-hours" insurance risk and so would be exorbitant. Add thermal and a DNA extraction system and we are talking several thousands of dollars.

It's not that the idea is bad at all understand. But in my case it is so monetarily out of reach it isn't even funny. Never mind having the parachuting team or heaven forbid- me rappelling out of a helo just to measure footprints. The pilot would more than likely deem me certifiable.

Without that or a mule train expedition this is a low chance of having other than a fleeting glimpse, though.

Think of it as a once in a lifetime unique vacation.

Many people spend a lot on vacations that are exhausting and pointless, here is one you might see something to remember.

...Many people spend a lot on vacations that are exhausting and pointless...

Careful there, my friend. That is an opening Crowlogic could drive the proverbial skeptical truck through LOL!

BFF Patron

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Abe Lincoln squatch in bronze?!

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I have not seen the nest structures in my area but have seen structures which served to block a game trail.        Suspect ambush site but nothing definitive with that.     Something or someone put the structures together as it was not a natural formation.    Admittedly a deer hunter could do such a thing also.      I also do not see twist offs which some claim are sure evidence of BF in the area.      I think some of this might be regional and only done by BF in a certain area.       Since they do not mean much to us they might have meaning for the BF that do it. 

As far as Utah,  if they are there they should be easy to find.    The intermountain West the woods are not nearly as dense and perhaps even an air search might find what is out there.     BF there would have to rely on remoteness to avoid being seen.   

I think you would be surprised about the sighitngs in the High Uinta's, some below tree-line.  It is not all wide open spaces believe me.  

Visions of Timbergiant Bigfoot danced through his head!   Maybe it is a rugsquatch like here:  

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

^^

I believe the animal species of the rug squatch was convincingly identified by a posting, probably youtube.

Stabilized it and got the scale, forget what it was though, you could see though.

Cryptic - are you saying it was a real animal in the timber giant video but not a BF, or a that the suit was identified as fur of a certain animal? 

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Cryptic - are you saying it was a real animal in the timber giant video but not a BF, or a that the suit was identified as fur of a certain animal? 

What I am saying is when stabilized and measured when you are told what animal it was you are like "yea, that's it". 

You can see it logically. I think it was a fox, porcupine, or something like that.

By measuring and showing it was small and low to the ground and what you are seeing is a tail, snout and ears or something along those lines.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

I ignored all those stick structures as BF evidence because some look man-made and others looked like random outcomes of nature.  Plus, if you don't see BF making them or using them, you will never know for sure.

Nonetheless, the intriguing part of the video are the sounds (which the videographer claims were associated with BF because he states that he saw one of them while they were making the sounds).

Granted, if you think he is a hoaxer and did not see anything unusual, then there is no point even trying to understand the different kind of sounds that he captured.

JDL, there is no image of BF on this video. That BF image on the Youtube still image appears to be just cover art and is not shown on the video.  If anybody expects to see a BF image in this 1 hour 23 min video, then they will be disappointed.

The videographer claims that he captured the image of the little BF at the end, but I can’t see anything.  He posted a second short clip with slow motion and all you see is some dark shadow for a few seconds.

He returned to this location for a reason, and it was not the stick structures that attracted him there.  He claims he was bluff charged there the year prior.

Nobody has to drink any Kool-aid here.  Anybody can watch the video and draw their own conclusions on whether this guy is onto something BF related or not.

SSR Team

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Abe Lincoln squatch in bronze?!

Yep, or it must be the best video footage of a Sasquatch face out there in the public domain, or a hoax right ?

I still can't find it in the video itself though.

Surely getting to the bottom of this screen grab is a big thing ?

Edited by BobbyO

What I am saying is when stabilized and measured when you are told what animal it was you are like "yea, that's it". 

You can see it logically. I think it was a fox, porcupine, or something like that.

By measuring and showing it was small and low to the ground and what you are seeing is a tail, snout and ears or something along those lines.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that, but good to know!

BFF Patron

I have not seen the nest structures in my area but have seen structures which served to block a game trail.        Suspect ambush site but nothing definitive with that.     Something or someone put the structures together as it was not a natural formation.    Admittedly a deer hunter could do such a thing also.      I also do not see twist offs which some claim are sure evidence of BF in the area.      I think some of this might be regional and only done by BF in a certain area.       Since they do not mean much to us they might have meaning for the BF that do it. 

As far as Utah,  if they are there they should be easy to find.    The intermountain West the woods are not nearly as dense and perhaps even an air search might find what is out there.     BF there would have to rely on remoteness to avoid being seen.   

At one point I had a satellite image in SW WA that seemed to show a BF.    Or it could have just been a stump.    But the images change every few years and when I looked again a few years later could not find it because the image was too recent.     The companies that produce the images want them as up to date as possible to make them more valuable for potential customers.   But the only way to verify what the image was would have been to get into the remote location check out the coordinates.     The problem with that is unless you can do the checking real time you can never determine if it was a BF present when the image was taken that just wandered off or a stump that fell over and now looks nothing like a bigfoot.    That is the problem with an airplane too.    I have many hours doing air search and only had one experience that was a possible bigfoot.    But how do I verify what it was?   Something large, brown, and erect walked around the back side of some trees when I when past a ridge and seemed to hid behind some large trees.   For all I know it was a human poacher hunting for deer out of season and that was why it hid.        Any BF present would be long gone before I could land and get to the location on the ground.     Just determining a location from the air that you can later find on the ground is not as simple as it sounds.     You are moving a over mile a minute and real time GPS coordinates are changing very fast.     A helicopter would at least be able to hover and loiter in an area and possible pick up something hiding behind trees if you caught a glimpse of something moving.    And you could likely land fairly close and get to the area fairly quickly.    A helicopter is relatively affordable if you already own one.     All we have to do is get a helicopter owner interested in BF research.    Grover Krantz actually was working on a homemade helicopter but I don't think he ever got the thing flying.

As far as seeing what is out there.     I have never seen a deer from the air.    But at least half the time I am on foot I see a deer.     Admittedly I have spent a lot more time on foot than looking from the air and on foot you are likely to flush a deer that is hiding or resting.     I don't think a deer pays much attention to airplanes since they seem compelled to run in front of vehicles.       Just that tells me that aerial search is unlikely to have results.    The tree canopies hide most of what is on the ground looking down that you might easily see being there on the ground.    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

This was an image that some posters on YouTube picked out, had Reo return, and find that in fact, it was a trick of lighting, shadow. A fantastic Bigfoot moment. A number of viewers would SWARE here was a face, but no, it was Pareidolia. Reo has on a few occasions has corrected himself, either while in the field, or when he catches a mistake while posting a video. How many other posters can claim that! I find him as stated a a few here, passionate, and quite convincing, convincing that he (really) believes, weather the view believes or not. In addiction, he has brought some fresh ideas of the creatures behavior that i haven't thought of, but might be answers to some of the repeated things we see from other posters. The more recent videos posted, where he claims to have videoed one, but hard to see, he isolated the moment, and you do see what he was talking about. Taken all with big grains of salt. I have found it worth while going back, and watching a number of his videos. This has given me a better idea of his approach, and point of view. If your willing, one can contact him, and he will take you out (no $ mentioned) to see, experience what hes finding for yourself. Could be another nut, faker, or deluded believer, but as far as current Bigfoot-ers, a decent "show" for watching.