Guest Crowlogic

Patty's Not Impossible Step Length

Guest Crowlogic

Over on Munn's thread Patty's step length was remarked that some said it was too long for a human to make.  Well to that I say nonsense.   Let me remind the Patty buffs that the hallmarks of her amazing non human physique are small head, long arms, long torso and short for her size legs.  It is this last detail that sends the humans can't make the step packing.  She wasn't 9 ft tall she was likely 6 and a half feet tall, well within human height range and after seeing Jim McClarin Jim is far more leggy than Patty.  In the PGF there is only one step where the stride seems very long and it looks forced and contrived as well. 

The inhuman stride in all likelihood was nothing more than hyperbole.  Giving them what they want to hear.  

Edited by Crowlogic

Old Dog

Without positively knowing how tall she was, nor  her physical mechanics, how can one accurately determine what her stride should be one way or the other?  This is nothing more than speculation to bolster one side of a never ending controversy.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

^  Not quite.  We know how long her feet were.  We're able to yardstick them to measure her.  I't often done, you know that.  They were 14.5" long.   She generally comes out being a short legged 6'5" to 6'6".  Bet you know that too.

JDL

A while back I provided links to the NatGeo special in which they used modern forensic techniques to analyze the Patterson video.  All of this was addressed in that and their conclusion was that the subject was non-human.

• Upvote 3

Old Dog

^  Not quite.  We know how long her feet were.  We're able to yardstick them to measure her.  I't often done, you know that.  They were 14.5" long.   She generally comes out being a short legged 6'5" to 6'6".  Bet you know that too.

What I "KNOW" is that there were foot casts taken.  I don't KNOW how tall she was nor how long her legs actually are.  I do KNOW that there has been estimates and assumptions, but no one "KNOWS".  I'm sure you know that also.

• Upvote 1

Guest Bigfoothunter

Over on Munn's thread Patty's step length was remarked that some said it was too long for a human to make.  Well to that I say nonsense.   Let me remind the Patty buffs that the hallmarks of her amazing non human physique are small head, long arms, long torso and short for her size legs.  It is this last detail that sends the humans can't make the step packing.  She wasn't 9 ft tall she was likely 6 and a half feet tall, well within human height range and after seeing Jim McClarin Jim is far more leggy than Patty.  In the PGF there is only one step where the stride seems very long and it looks forced and contrived as well.

The word "seems" doesn't say much coming from someone  who doesn't appear to have a good understanding if perspective. And I think you are one of a very few people that referred to Patty as having a small head - especially those who claim there must be an even smaller head inside her small head. Get where I'm going here?

And at 6'5" - can we assume that you are no longer making a case for Patty being Heironimus?

And about her stride - have you considered that her cross-country ski style of walking gives her a longer stride than a human walking straight legged?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

And making the stride while appearing to walk and not run is a great feat.

Long jump might be more appropriate.

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

From the standpoint of a human matching Patty's step length, there's more to it than just the distance itself. The conditions need to be replicated too. Besides having to be the same height as Patty, the human would need to be able to match the distance while:

Wearing a bulky fur suit.

Walking across an uneven surface of the same type soil as Patty did. (wasn't there debris laying around from prior flooding?)

Maintain the same step length over the same distance as Patty. 

And more importantly; a human needs to do this while walking in a bent knee, non-human gait, bringing their trailing leg up to match Patty's shin rise, and looking smooth and natural and not looking like their purposely taking longer than normal strides.

Edited by OkieFoot

Twist

The word "seems" doesn't say much coming from someone  who doesn't appear to have a good understanding if perspective. And I think you are one of a very few people that referred to Patty as having a small head - especially those who claim there must be an even smaller head inside her small head. Get where I'm going here?

And at 6'5" - can we assume that you are no longer making a case for Patty being Heironimus?

And about her stride - have you considered that her cross-country ski style of walking gives her a longer stride than a human walking straight legged?

So BFH, 

In your opinion, in a simple post, no word salad, give us a height and stride length of Patty, per your estimate, based on whatever numbers, data analysis, or such you choose.  Just give us your numbers  based on whatever source you choose ( disclosed or undisclosed). 

She is "X" tall

Stride of "X"  

No gotcha here, or a "klink"  just curious of your numbers so I can see if they make sense.  I will not post a single post to question or disagree with your numbers. Would just like them as a reference point to your way of thinking.  

Thanks in advance.  

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

I do not know Patty's height. I believe Nat Geo was on the right track and that some factors may have been overlooked that could have effected the outcome of their conclusion. I think the guessing nonsense should be pushed aside and a real scientific study should be implemented in its place.

I don't believe that realistically a 6' to 6.5' tall person inside a heavily padded costume could have cleared a 36" elevated bank in a single stride while landing one foot atop of the sandbar. I also do not believe that realistically a heavily padded Jim McClarin inside a suit could achieve greater strides that what he did without wearing any restrictive materials.

I believe that answers we seek have been there all along somewhere between the PGF and the observations of Professor Donskoy.

Martin

^ Can you point me in the direct of pictures or video of the step up the elevated bank?

• Upvote 1

Guest Bigfoothunter

^^

It has never been claimed that there is a video showing this that I am aware of unless it was on the 2nd roll that Patterson shot.

Martin

^ Picture then?

• Upvote 1

Twist

^^

I do not know Patty's height. I believe Nat Geo was on the right track and that some factors may have been overlooked that could have effected the outcome of their conclusion. I think the guessing nonsense should be pushed aside and a real scientific study should be implemented in its place.

I don't believe that realistically a 6' to 6.5' tall person inside a heavily padded costume could have cleared a 36" elevated bank in a single stride while landing one foot atop of the sandbar. I also do not believe that realistically a heavily padded Jim McClarin inside a suit could achieve greater strides that what he did without wearing any restrictive materials.

I believe that answers we seek have been there all along somewhere between the PGF and the observations of Professor Donskoy.

Thanks for your input. 

Bodhi

^^

Are you aware of Donskoy's beliefs re: sasquatch?

Are you aware of how his politics informed those beliefs?

And how his desire for funding by the Soviet government informed his politics?