Sign in to follow this  
HOLDMYBEER

Timeline Question-Time Of Occurrence: Frame 354

HOLDMYBEER

The starting point for the entire film-processing puzzle is the actual encounter claimed by Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin. Exactly what time did the encounter occur? Both proponents and skeptics of the film have surmised a number of different times (and dates) with speculative theories abounding. I have yet to read an interview in which Roger or Bob was documented to have carried a watch at the time the film was made. So, what time did it happen?

This forum has members who are very skilled analysts and mathematicians. Perhaps some of the photogrammetry work that has been attempted with different portions of the film might lend facts that frame a tighter window for the encounter. And like the other timeline threads, someone's unsupported recollection is not what I am looking for. 

post-1736-0-83102100-1464912138_thumb.pn

Bigfoothunter

^^

It's been said that the encounter occurred around 1pm to 1:30pm in the afternoon. Let us assume the encounter happened at 1:15pm ... what would knowing the exact moment of the encounter do for anyone?

SweatyYeti

^

I think there are other aspects to the film, BH....(such as the filmed subject, itself).....that can lead to a resolution of what the film shows.

I don't think that taking stabs/throwing darts at the exact time of the filming is really going to lead anywhere. 

Btw, on a related note....I think I have found one small detail in the "classic frame"...F352...that has been misinterpreted, all these years.  I'll post some images showing what I'm talking about...sometime soon. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

Backdoc

The timeline Q is a design to say, "There is no way OJ could have killed two people and drove his white bronco home in time to be there to answer the call from the limo driver"

Most reasonable people would think (and driving a car at the same time under same or similar conditions demonstrated) there was more than enough time. Turned out there was.

There was reasonable time for Roger and Bob to accomplish the basics on the PGF encounter/ events.  It is a bit like suggesting the film was done in early or mid Sept when the trees support Roger and Bob with it being October.  The rest of this is just splitting hairs.

Here is my Q while we are at it.  How much time should be needed for someone to make a same or similar Patty suit strongly suggesting the PGF is a man in a suit?  1 year?  25 years?  Nearly 50 Years?  Still no suit.

BD

Squatchy McSquatch

The starting point for the entire film-processing puzzle is the actual encounter claimed by Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin. Exactly what time did the encounter occur? Both proponents and skeptics of the film have surmised a number of different times (and dates) with speculative theories abounding. I have yet to read an interview in which Roger or Bob was documented to have carried a watch at the time the film was made. So, what time did it happen?

This forum has members who are very skilled analysts and mathematicians. Perhaps some of the photogrammetry work that has been attempted with different portions of the film might lend facts that frame a tighter window for the encounter. And like the other timeline threads, someone's unsupported recollection is not what I am looking for. 

Wow. Three replies that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP.  :)

As far as analysts and mathematicians, the only one that comes to mind is Gigantofootecus.

He's been inactive for awhile now.

I seem to recall some shadow analyses on ISF. Cross-forum posting isn't allowed, but if anyone is registered at isf they can utilize the search function.

• Upvote 1

HOLDMYBEER

Bill Munns has done some work on sun angle as it applies to this question. I am trying to encourage him to post it but he has his hands full at this time.

The entire PGF thing seems to chase its tail with everyone selecting their own facts from dubious sources. A compromised investigation is an expensive exercise that goes on and on without ever resolving.  The lack of resolution with the PGF tells me at least some of the facts to the story are either bogus or they are just plain inaccurate. Believe it or not, if the story is true the facts should line up.

It has been my experience that difficult investigations are usually solved when the facts to the case reach a degree of "elegance". I have yet to see that degree of elegance with the PGF. I couldn't put my money on it one way or the other, hoax or legit.

• Upvote 3

SweatyYeti

^

I wouldn't sweat the backstory too hard, HMB....it really isn't hard to tell when you're looking at a 'man in a suit'.

There is a certain 'degree of in-elegance' about it.....they all look obvious....(and none of them look ambiguous.)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Squatchy McSquatch

^^^ Yet another response that ignores what HMB is trying to accomplish with this thread. 

Again, pm Giganto, pm Bill, join isf if you have to. Even sweaty is a member there lol :)

Drew/bot also has a solid understanding of (photogrammetry)

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

^

The shadows in the Film...when compared with the shadows in John Green's filming of McClarin....do indicate an early afternoon filming.

I think it would be difficult, or impossible to determine a precise time for the filming, outside of doing some testing at the actual filmsite.

If that is ever done....I am quite sure that it'll show that the film was shot in the early afternoon. :)

Bigfoothunter

^^^ Yet another response that ignores what HMB is trying to accomplish with this thread. 

Again, pm Giganto, pm Bill, join isf if you have to. Even sweaty is a member there lol :)

Drew/bot also has a solid understanding of (photogrammetry)

I thought you said not to trust anyone's opinions when it came to BF.  Was that just more of this ------>   smiley_2_zpsdlbop29v.gif

HOLDMYBEER

Bill Munns told me that he learned from his work at the film site frame 354 was exposed with the camera pointed at close to "compass north". I take that to mean magnetic north which, in the case of the film site in 1967, was -18.5 degrees (east). I know Bill has done some work with the shadows falling on a model in a simulation of the shadows displayed in 354. He has indicated some preliminary figures as to direction of the sun. If anyone knows if Bill has previously posted that work somewhere in these forums perhaps we can reference it here.

Sign in to follow this