Entry Level Trailcam

Guest young sasqua

RSS,

Love it!!! Are you mass producing them? Want on the list if you are as we found what we suspect is an Arkansas wood rat but couldn't document it at that time...much smaller in size than some TN rats I've seen but didn't document them either! :lol:

In all seriousness...got my Bushnell Ultimate TC package yesterday and am excited about getting it fired up in the day or two. We did the civilization visit to mom's earlier and charged batteries while we were gone.

ToeJam,

I was tickled that the model that came with the package was the one with audio (model # 119436), the advertisement stated stills and video. A big joke among the family is my brother-in-law only getting pix of himself on his Bushnell Cam...don't even think I'm hoping to show him up! :ph34r:

Will post a review soon!

Bit

P.S. Spent atleast a week trying to underprice TrailCamPro's price on their Bushnell Trophy Cam Ultimate Package and couln't do it for cheaper. Merry Christmas, to me!

Bit

Guest tracker

I have a couple of entry level (Bushnell's I think ?) I am not a believer they will work on a Sasq. But I'll help out others out and suggest they mount theirs on the ground and cover with natural ground litter. I use mine as defense so i don't have Bf's banging on my tent @ 4 am. Right TJ ? :)

Guest toejam

RSS,

Love it!!! Are you mass producing them? Want on the list if you are as we found what we suspect is an Arkansas wood rat but couldn't document it at that time...much smaller in size than some TN rats I've seen but didn't document them either! :lol:

In all seriousness...got my Bushnell Ultimate TC package yesterday and am excited about getting it fired up in the day or two. We did the civilization visit to mom's earlier and charged batteries while we were gone.

ToeJam,

I was tickled that the model that came with the package was the one with audio (model # 119436), the advertisement stated stills and video. A big joke among the family is my brother-in-law only getting pix of himself on his Bushnell Cam...don't even think I'm hoping to show him up! :ph34r:

Will post a review soon!

Bit

P.S. Spent atleast a week trying to underprice TrailCamPro's price on their Bushnell Trophy Cam Ultimate Package and couln't do it for cheaper. Merry Christmas, to me!

Good for you Bit. Glad you scored one with the audio. Mind me asking what you paid for it? Just wondering if I could have done even better.

Good luck. They're a fun piece of gear to have. I love the element of surprise when you see a crap load of shots taken when you pick it up after a stint in the bush.

Bit

I have a couple of entry level (Bushnell's I think ?) I am not a believer they will work on a Sasq. But I'll help out others out and suggest they mount theirs on the ground and cover with natural ground litter. I use mine as defense so i don't have Bf's banging on my tent @ 4 am. Right TJ ? :)

That's a good suggestion Tracker. I haven't done the ground thing yet.

I guess I won't be putting one looking at camp.

I'd love nothing more than to have a Biggie hanging over my tent anytime!

Bring it on!

Good for you Bit. Glad you scored one with the audio. Mind me asking what you paid for it? Just wondering if I could have done even better.

Good luck. They're a fun piece of gear to have. I love the element of surprise when you see a crap load of shots taken when you pick it up after a stint in the bush.

Hey toejam' date='

We paid $299.95 for the "ultimate package" deal (free shipping). We never found another place that sold all of the items we got with this package all together.

[img']http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/TnWren/Game%20Cam/August11015.jpg[/img]

August11020.jpg

I was a bit intimedated by all of the settings I could use so I put it down and worked in the yard for a bit. Came back to it and breezed through the set up. Will know tomorrow just how well I did.

Tracker,

I'm after what ever it is that has been harassing around the chicken coop so I didn't bother to hide it but will do so once we get it set out on the game trails in our woods.

Bit

edited to fix pix.

Edited by skip-n-bit

FWIW, d icks sporting goods is(still is?)running a sale on wildgame innovations 8mp infrared/no flash with a 2gb card & batteries included. regularly $149 for $99. i had a $20 coupon so i scored mine for $79smile.gif. it does ok, but moving parts in the pics are sometimes slightly blurred (probably why its on sale). i havent tried the video clip feature yet,(but i probably will this weekend).no BF pics, but i did get some deer ( my primary quarry) & a couple shots of me in set up .

but ive been in two of their stores recently & the first one had a $99 price, the 2cnd had 'em for $119 so be aware of the price tag.

of course, mine isnt as cool as RRS's trail cam, that one looks like something wiley coyote ordered from Acmelaugh.gif

I'd like to hear what folks think is the best trail camera for the money spent. Feedback might go to an online retailer.

Which trailcams work best? Thanks.

Guest tracker

That's a good suggestion Tracker. I haven't done the ground thing yet.

I guess I won't be putting one looking at camp.

I'd love nothing more than to have a Biggie hanging over my tent anytime!

Bring it on!

Yea on the ground it could be mistaken for just another object if hidden well.

Regarding the tent tappers. Being surrounded by large ape like critters deciding what to do with or to you ? @ 3 am when we can't see squat might not be as cool as it seems. dry.gif

I'd like to hear what folks think is the best trail camera for the money spent. Feedback might go to an online retailer.

Which trailcams work best? Thanks.

I'm a newb when it comes to trail cam's but I'm loving my new Bushnell Trophy Cam (model 119436C). It's super easy to use/set-up and takes great day shots plus the night shots are good, too. It's small and light wieght and very quiet when it takes a picture.

I asked Skip to walk in front of it when he got home from work this morning and he was sure that I'd forgot to turn it on and just knew he didn't get his pic taken. We went through the pix from last night/this morning and he was surprised to see himself! LOL

Haven't tried the video/audio features yet.

Hope this is some help!

Bit

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bsruther

I'm a newb when it comes to trail cam's but I'm loving my new Bushnell Trophy Cam (model 119436C). It's super easy to use/set-up and takes great day shots plus the night shots are good, too. It's small and light wieght and very quiet when it takes a picture.

I just ordered one of these cams. Amazon has them for $170, without the accessories. I don't need the extra gear, so that worked out well.

I checked out some user videos on youtube, before buying it and was surprised at the quality of pics and video.

Guest toejam

Glad you both are happy. Bushnell has their headquarters not too far from me.

One time I took my binoculars in and asked them for another set of lens caps as mine kept falling off.

I paid over $200 for them so I like to protect the glass.

No receipt and the guy takes my binocs to the back.

He comes back and hands me a brand new pair!

The alignment was off and they're guaranteed for life.

I thank him and look through the new pair. There's a spec of dust inside the glass big enough to bother me.

I tell him and he takes the new pair to the back.

He comes back with another pair and mentions that yes, I was right.

I thank him and go on my merry way with a brand new pair.

Awesome customer service!

Just wanted to say I’m putting my two cameras out this weekend, so we’ll probably have this whole bigfoot thing wrapped up here pretty shortly. Stay tuned. To be continued indeedy.

Guest bsruther

I'm hoping to have mine soon, so I can put it in our paw-paw patch. The fruit is just about ripe. Most of our weirdness goes on in oct-nov, but who knows.