The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities?

xspider1

In the pictures I've seen of Phil's ewok outfit, nobody looks happy at all, especially BH.  And, I can sure see why that's the case, any involvement in that re-creation would make me sad too.  :(

ewok-bf.jpg

ewok-bf1.jpg

Edited by xspider1
22 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

In the pictures I've seen of Phil's ewok outfit, nobody looks happy at all, especially BH.  And, I can sure see why that's the case, any involvement in that re-creation would make me sad too.  :(

ewok-bf.jpg

Look at that right ankle.

Time for some Botox for those wrinkles.

SweatyYeti

^

I'd recommend an extra-heavy dosage, for ol' 'Bigfoot Bob', Doc... ;) ...

BotoxBob6_zpsrqe1x24u.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1
xspider1

^  Why?  The image sequences you rely on are not very good at all, kitakaze.  Why not look at the better and more consistent PGf images?  (That's a rhetorical question: it's because the facts discerned from the images don't help your case.)  Maybe just stick with the personal stuff that is unverifiable and has nothing to do with the film. 

Kit -

The images you present that are reverse-direction appear to be, uh, "less than authentic" doctored images, in other words, hoaxed.   What's their claimed background and provenance?

MIB

Edited by MIB

Why do you all continue to take what Kit says as valid or proof of anything?  He has made claims and never backed them up.   Is this all that really keeps this forum going?  The continual dismissal of Kit?  I'm afraid to say this but if everyone on here put him on ignore this sub-forum would be dead.  I guess whatever gets your goose go for it ! 

Edit: I'm just tired of the being the anti-kit forum vs. the PGF forum. 

Edited by Twist
  • Upvote 3

Stan Winston states PGF suit could be made for $200 today.

Chris Walas showed interest in the BFF

Here is the PGF recreation suit Walas and Winston pulled off to doing what 2 cowboys did:

(missing)

BD

Edited by Backdoc
xspider1
1 hour ago, Twist said:

Why do you all continue to take what Kit says as valid or proof of anything?  

You are definitely missing the point entirely, Twist.  Kit's arguments are skeptical/scofftical of the Patterson-Gimlin Film and it has been that way for well over a decade.  The proponents do not take what he says as valid nor as proof of anything.  And, others that are PGf skeptical/scofftical (especially lately) do not seem to put any stock in what he says either.  That is called being on the same page.  So, kudos for that.  Never-the-less, when he pipes in with a ridiculous comment or 3, many feel compelled to rebuke.  That is part of what forums are about.

Xspider, I respect your response but would argue in rebuttal that you are missing the point of my post entirely.  

Per your own words, Kits "arguments" are skeptical/scoffical of the PGF and it has been that way for well over a decade.   So why continue to argue and essentially dedicate a whole sub-forum on the BFF for him ??? 

If he has been skeptical/scoffical for over a decade, when you respond, are you not just feeding the troll so to say?  He has had you all on the hook for a decade per your own admission.  

Put him on ignore and actually discuss valid points of the PGF, that is what I am getting at, that is unless, the only point of discussion for you all in regards to the PGF is Kit himself.  In that case, have at it I reckon.....

I find value in the discussion at times.   Kit hasn't contributed anything useful but BFH's responses, BD's, xspider1's, etc, have some insight I hadn't picked up on on my own.  They've got the interest and time to investigate in depths I don't.   If nothing else, Kit provides them a podium from which they can educate ... me.   I know, I know, it's not all about me ... except to me it is.   So let Kit continue to make outlandish, even false, claims: as long as those claims can be leveraged as education points, they have some indirect value. 

As to Kit, the best thing he could do to support his own position is to walk away and say nothing.

MIB

Edited by MIB
Guest Bigfoothunter
1 hour ago, xspider1 said:

^  Why?  The image sequences you rely on are not very good at all, kitakaze.  Why not look at the better and more consistent PGf images?  (That's a rhetorical question: it's because the facts discerned from the images don't help your case.)  Maybe just stick with the personal stuff that is unverifiable and has nothing to do with the film. 

You may recall back to when researchers were first looking at the horse footage of Bob and Roger riding along the roads and mentioning how if you played them at the wrong the speed that the horses movements would appear jerky and unnatural -  Kitakaze has been called out on the sped-up gif that gives the unnatural appearance of fur movement in the post prior to your response. That nonsense is not seen in the actual film when played at normal speed and stabilized. Some folks may call it the 'Benny Hill' effect. Watch the first five seconds of this PGF clip at normal speed and see for yourself.

In his footprint overlays he does just the opposite. In those transitions he will bring them over the top of one another very slowly to give a false impression that the transition is smooth. This technique helps to hide the misalignment's that are really taking place. To some people it appears to be more about looking right than actually being right. I can only assume that those such people must be on a mission.   :)

Fair enough MIB, I guess I would just rather have a PGF forum and an anti-history of the PGF  per KIT forum ( of course hosted by Kit ( not moderated by kit of course :P ))

I Know I"m dreaming here with those ideas.  

Guest Bigfoothunter
3 minutes ago, Twist said:

Fair enough MIB, I guess I would just rather have a PGF forum and an anti-history of the PGF  per KIT forum ( of course hosted by Kit ( not moderated by kit of course :P ))

I Know I"m dreaming here with those ideas.  

Someone could start such a forum.

• gigantor pinned this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor locked and pinned this topic