The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities?

xspider1

Thanks, Backdoc.  Looking at that again, it seems like the camera would have been moving in sort of a figure 8 pattern (2 ellipses).  It's much different than what a deliberate camera shake would produce and very different from what BH described as Roger's "signal" for him to start walking.  So many things are made up to try and explain away what is apparently a natural filming that it boggles many minds.      :blink:   lol

'

Edited by xspider1

BFF Donor

The idea of making a suit is viewed by suit guys NOW as easy.  What matters is what was capable then

If a sharpshooter wishes to claim a man could shoot target in the bullseye today at a very long distance the answer is yes.  They can do it multiple times with guns today and demonstrate this for all to see proving it could be done.

If that same  sharpshooter claimed they could duplicate the same thing with a rifle from the year 1776 that would be difficult to near impossible.  It would be more laughable if they said the could and did not show us they could by reproducing the shot.

making a patty suit demo or a similar PGF demo should be similar to this.  The issue is accomplishing the feat based on 1967 methods not by what we might do today.  Roger was broke so he could not afford a time machine.

BD

If anyone could start making a suit today that compares at all, I would consider it, as I think most PGf proponents would.  Even that apparently cannot be done which speaks volumes.  

It is likely that a Bigfoot would know when a human was in their “area” before the human knew that there was a Bigfoot in the Bigfoot’s area, no?  I mean if someone were out stealth hunting Bigfoot when they came across one then maybe they get the jump, right?  Problem is almost all encounters are by chance.

So, probably 99+ times out of 100, a Bigfoot would know we’re there before we could even see them.  - strike1

It takes 10 seconds or so to grab a cell phone, goto 'camera' and get an image focused.  And, that sudden movement might cause any Squatch within smart-phone camera range (which is what it would be almost every time nowadays), might bolt.  - strike2

Trail cams might be strike3 due to their smell, electrical emissions, sound, relative scarceness in the vast unexplored wilderness and the noise people make setting them up, etc., I’m not sure.  I just think there must be some way to prove these things exist once-and-for-all, whatever they are. 

Edited by xspider1

4 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

kitakaze wrote:

Speak for yourself, Champ. :)

I am quite certain the PGF is legit....because of the demonstrable/provable lack of any hand extension on the filmed subject.

The subject's joints must therefore be exactly where they appear to be...and do not match-up with the modern human skeleton.

I'm working on a challenge....for anyone to replicate Patty's 'arm proportion/length', as seen in a couple of film frames....with a human wearing a 'hand extension' of at least 2" in length. No-one will ever be able to replicate this one aspect of Patty.

The good news is, for the skeptics...they won't need to be challenged to replicate all of Patty's realistic features. This one feature alone will sink their boat. :lol:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%2012.01.

5 hours ago, kitakaze said:

Next to Patty McBlurry showing the same illusion of long upper arm that disappears with the moving footage...

swinging_breasts.gif

"Patty McBlurry"???...

F347-F360-ArmBendAG1_zpsme5bd1aw.gif

It's quite clear where Patty's arm bends.

You won't be able to meet the challenge, to replicate this one aspect of Patty.....with either a human without a 'hand extension', or a person wearing a 'hand extension' of at least 2" in length. :)

And neither will you ever be able to produce "the Patty suit"....or "three confessions", despite the "fact" that they "exist".  

Edited to add.....the Wallster...

Wally2_zpsit7hnrig.jpg

Feel free to use that image, kit....to "prove the PGF is a hoax"... :lol:

Edited by SweatyYeti

Guest Bigfoothunter
8 hours ago, kitakaze said:

Next to Patty McBlurry showing the same illusion of long upper arm that disappears with the moving footage...

swinging_breasts.gif

I personally feel that when someone chooses such poor quality images over those that are far better in an effort to appear more precise, then it's most always the result of a deceptive practice that is being implemented by the presenter.

patty expression change animation.gif

Hello, BH. Hello. Hi there. Are you with us? Hello? McFly?

I was discussing moving footage. The cibachromes are not moving footage. Frame 362 makes the upper arm appear longer. The illusion is gone in 364.

You have a grade-school fixation on trying to project dishonesty in people you disagree with. It's tedious and predictable. Your THEM! reflex is very easy to show. 

Watch. Goes like this. See these gifs you hilariously thought were from me in one of your less attentive moments?

On June 13, 2016 at 11:40 PM, Bigfoothunter said:

On June 13, 2016 at 8:48 PM, kitakaze said:

F364-F359Q-MMAG2_zpseyco1dxu.gif

Patty-EyebrowMovementAG1_zps5833ce25.gif

Your technique may work with the less informed, but it won't with me. You have offered two head shots that offer a false appearance of facial movement by using a badly blurred image against another. In the first it was a better image along with a ridiculously blurred image. I thought MK Davis was the only one who thought that nonsense was insightful, but it appears he has company.

They are in fact from Sweaty. Sweaty is using very blurry images to argue mouth movement and eye movement when he in fact has much better quality images to select.

Is he being dishonest, BH? Please tell us if that dishonesty you project applies equally to Sweaty doing exactly what you say is almost always a deceptive practice.

BH is going to be ready for fairness today.

THEM! reflex. Go.

1 hour ago, kitakaze said:

They are in fact from Sweaty. Sweaty is using very blurry images to argue mouth movement and eye movement when he in fact has much better quality images to select.

Is he being dishonest, BH? Please tell us if that dishonesty you project applies equally to Sweaty doing exactly what you say is almost always a deceptive practice.

What "better quality images", that I "have to select from", are you talking about??

Guest Bigfoothunter
3 hours ago, kitakaze said:

Hello, BH. Hello. Hi there. Are you with us? Hello? McFly?

I was discussing moving footage. The cibachromes are not moving footage. Frame 362 makes the upper arm appear longer. The illusion is gone in 364.

You have a grade-school fixation on trying to project dishonesty in people you disagree with. It's tedious and predictable.

The 'illusion' as you call it is only an illusion to someone like yourself who doesn't understand that Patty's body is twisting away from the camera at that instant and her forearm is then angled slightly inward and away from the camera, thus making it look shorter.

The animation Sweaty-Yeti uses is done to show the location where the elbow bends.

1 hour ago, SweatyYeti said:

What "better quality images", that I "have to select from", are you talking about??

Good question!

28 minutes ago, Bigfoothunter said:

Good question!

It is, Bill... ;) ....and kitakaze won't have a good answer for it. 

kit seems to be in full 'Trash Dump' mode, today.

Edited by SweatyYeti

3 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

Cibachromes.

BH threw you right under the bus. According to him, your Patty McBlurry mouth movement and eye movement gifs are almost always deceptive in nature when you have clearer images to choose from.

You guys trying to present any manner of effective opposition. 

* A * wet * noodle. *

1 hour ago, Bigfoothunter said:

The 'illusion' as you call it is only an illusion to someone like yourself who doesn't understand that Patty's body is twisting away from the camera at that instant and her forearm is then angled slightly inward and away from the camera, thus making it look shorter.

Patty's body is not twisted away from the camera at the end of this sequence of film...

swinging_breasts.gif

Patty&s torso is perpendicular to the camera when her arm swings fully forward.

362 shows sweet mother holy lord really, really real Bigfoot upper arm but oh, no, no, no, 364 is the illusion...

It is taken away from you.

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor locked and pinned this topic