Sign in to follow this  
Martin

DeAtley interviewed by proponents?

Martin

Can anyone direct me to a link between DeAtley being an interviewinterviewed by a proponent footer? 

I know about Byrne. 

Did Murphy interview DeAtley? Munns? Green? Meldrum? Anyone?

Thanks

Edited by Martin

Backdoc

Good idea Martin.  In fact, how about any interview related to DeAtley and the PGF event.

BD

HOLDMYBEER
BFF Donor

Technically, Green interviewed DeAtley and his wife as he sat with them on the morning of October 22, 1967. I know he asked several questions though I do not have a complete interview to point to, only what John Green told me. You might find some reference to his questions in one of the many Green publications.

Martin

I can't find an interview between Green and De Atley online.

Does anyone have a source?

Guest Bigfoothunter

Your question should have been asked to Green during the half a century he lived after going to DeAtley's in October of 1967.

kitakaze

These are the statements of John Green, Rene Dahinden and Peter Byrne regarding their attempts to establish where and how the film was developed with Al DeAtley and his responses to them...

John Green...

"Where was the film processed?"

"In 1998 I asked Al DeAtley that question. He told me, 'I don't remember.' Al DeAtley doesn't want to talk about it, there's no doubt about that. I didn't get to question him at all. He knew who I was, but he wasn't going to talk about it." MoB, p.180

Rene Dahinden...

Long: Where do you think the film was developed?

Dahinden; We haven't got a clue.

L: Does that disturb you?

D: Yeah, it does. It does. We asked DeAtley. "I'm not supposed to tell," DeAtley said. We should have said to DeAtley, "Show us the box it was shipped in. Show us the receipt." We didn't. - MoB, p. 190

Peter Byrne on a phone conversation with Al DeAtley...

"What about Al DeAtley? Did you ask him how the film was processed?"

"I did. I talked to him two or three times on the phone. I tried to see him, but he wouldn't see me. He doesn't want to talk to people about it. It's extremely difficult to get him to talk. A man like that leads a private life and avoids hangers-on knocking on the door for handouts. He said to me, 'It's fake. I know it's fake' I said 'How do you know it's fake?' He said, 'Listen. He (Patterson) told us all he was going down there and find the Bigfoot and shoot some footage and come back. He did. He went down there. That's just ******* luck, or something. That doesn't happen in real life, you know.' Ivan marx did the same thing. He was living in Northern California, and he told people he was going to northern Washington and find a Bigfoot, get footage, and come back and sell it and make lots of money. He did exactly the same thing. Then, at the same time, almost in the same breath, DeAtley said, 'But, don't quote me on that with people here. This is the family here (in Yakima).' DeAtley is married to Roger's sister. DeAtley said, 'They all believe Roger. They all believed in his integrity. They all believe that film is real. I'm the outsider here.' He had a few very derogatory things to say about Roger. My guess is he really didn't like him." - MoB, p. 187

Twist

Kit,

Where or what do these stories originate from?  Source?

kitakaze

MoB is short for The Making of Bigfoot by Greg Long.

Twist

Kit,

Thank you. I did not know.

Backdoc

...and

...so

care to explain what in any way this means at all? as in any way, shape, or form?

BD

kitakaze

It's just news, BD. I think like father like son....

Read the recorded interviews. Look at his legal history. He makes a drunk sailor look soft. You need to learn the history and the people behind this film.

Long/DeAtley second interview (Oct 2001)...

"She (Roger's sister Iva) was mad at me because I invested money - uh, was giving money to perpetuate the hoax. My wife is extremely embarrassed about it. She's kind of... oh, how... she's, uh, a person who likes to be... always has been... in the mainstream of life, and stayed out of the shadows. And I've not always been too concerned about that. I'm a reasonably influential person in Yakima and so it doesn't matter if I'm in the shadows every once in a while on certain issues."

MoB, p. 424

DeAtley was able to get control of Superior Asphalt using the money he made from the PGF.

I think it is unfortunate news that Alan DeAtley will likely spend the rest of his life in jail, since he would now be considered an unreliable source if he revealed his father's role in planning and funding the PGF hoax.

Patterson-Gimlin
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 1:06 AM, Twist said:

Kit,

Thank you. I did not know.

A very poor source. A biased book with no proof at all. Don't waste your time reading it or buying into anything  Bob H. or Greg Long says.

Keep in mind I am not biased . I don't accept the existence of  Sasquatch. The book  should be  in the fiction section in my honest opinion.  

kitakaze

I have personally interviewed many of the same people Long has and I know he is a reliable source who made his investigation open to anyone. The first chapter is an artistic fictional imagination of October 20,1967. That is the one chapter I recommend skipping. The rest is detailed and responsible investigative journalism. Long personally objected to Patterson from his own personal lifestyle choices and his distaste for Patterson's habitual deception and swindling of others comes through clearly, but it does not invalidate the information he uncovered. None of it was the suit or a confession from either DeAtley, Gimlin or Patricia Patterson. In this regard he allowed DeAtley to manipulate his desire for dirt on Patterson when sitting right in front of him was one of two main architects of the hoax.

Patterson-Gimlin

Long was not dumb. I will give him that. He asked the right questions to  Bob H and steered away with no follow up when he gave answers that made no sense and were full of contradictions.  Overall the book is misleading and does hold up to what he claimed .

If had been promoted and sold as what it is  which is pure speculation and no hard facts I would have a less of a problem with it.

I like fiction, entertaining  and speculation. I should have known this when I saw this Korff fellow involved. The mystery continues.

The creature does not exist  and  yet the film can't  be authenticated or disproven.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Sign in to follow this