DeAtley interviewed by proponents?

Guest Bigfoothunter
3 hours ago, Backdoc said:

They see what others do not. To them, this is evidence of a premeditated 'crime' 

They don't see any of these drawings as the reasonable thing we all do. There is never a context offered.

BD

They often appear to have started with a theory before learning the evidence.

On 11/28/2016 at 1:11 AM, Bigfoothunter said:

It has been posted that John Green sat and spoke to DeAtley at Al's home. Dahinden as well - and both Thomas and Steenburg.   :)

Where could I find a record of Steenburg's interview with DeAtley?

Thanks

I would love to take some type of informal polling to find out how many skeptics give any serious consideration to the Suit Saga.

How many skeptics seriously think THE patty suit was or has been kept in Al's study in a glass case?

BD

Guest Bigfoothunter
5 hours ago, Martin said:

Where could I find a record of Steenburg's interview with DeAtley?

Thanks

I would take the most logical step and contact Steenburg to find out if and where it exist. Thomas is pretty good about keeping records so if he made any - he will still have them.   I can tell you that it was done by phone - that Thomas had set it up with DeAtley in a prior call to allow Thomas to call back so to have more time to talk and it was on the follow-up call that Steenburg questioned DeAtley.

Edited by Bigfoothunter
Guest Bigfoothunter
4 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Didn't Byrne also interview DeAtley as well...if I recall ?

Most likely as DeAtley would have been more cooperative during the time he was promoting the film for $$$.

Guest Bigfoothunter
7 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

How many proponents have interviewed Al DeAtley? It's a fair question, given the topic at hand...

It's actually a silly question.  First of all we are left to guess if you are talking about interviews whether casual or professional. You failed to specify if those interviews, whether casual or professional,  can be about anything from asphalt to Bigfoot. You also didn't make clear if you are talking about a specific time frame or over the Al's entire life - for instance are we talking about the last 49 years? If so, then there would need to have been someone with nothing better to do than to follow Al around 24/7 so to be certain to be present when any or all of these scenarios may have taken place. So as far as I know there is no official record listing all the people who have spoken to DeAtley .... let alone just proponents. 

Now here is a fair question in return - Did you really believe that someone has spent the last 49 years keeping a tally for someone whom might one day ask such a question?  And if the answer was 5 - 15 - or 50 .... what difference would it make?

Edited by Bigfoothunter
Guest Bigfoothunter
1 hour ago, Twist said:

This threads been going on for 4 pages, all of which you have participated in BFH, your just now deciding this is a silly question?  

When it is asked if any proponent has ever talked with DeAtley ... that is one thing and could be answered based on acquired knowledge. But to ask a question that has no possible answer unless DeAtley himself kept a diary and logged every person who he has ever spoken to since October 20, 1967 - presumably on the topic of Bigfoot, then that question is as absurd as my asking someone how many proponents are there is the world. And without a world-wide census being conducted to know the answer to McSquatch's question .... a better question might be who didn't know that it was a question that no one could possibly know the answer to?

Let us start a list to get a count of how many people (including DeAtley) would know how many Bigfooter's have spoken to Al privately or publicly since October 20, 1967?

1 -   

Edited by Bigfoothunter

So no documented proponent interviews other than Byrne?

If so then please provide links.

Thanks.

Edited by Martin
PBeaton

Martin,

Green, Dahinden an Steenburg are also mentioned above, you quoted a post that mentions each by name.

Pat...

Yes, I understand but I can't find any references to the discussions that may have taken place.

I think it could be useful to see what DeAtley may have said to others over the past 40+ years. Especially after he stopped helping Patterson market the PGF. 

Guest Bigfoothunter
37 minutes ago, Martin said:

Yes, I understand but I can't find any references to the discussions that may have taken place.

I think it could be useful to see what DeAtley may have said to others over the past 40+ years. Especially after he stopped helping Patterson market the PGF. 

During the years that immediately followed the film - there was no Internet. That left us to either read all the books we could find to learn more about things like this or to actually contact those living who were there in those days to hear what went on. Those who chose not to do these things are now finding that there isn't much of anything to find on the Internet about such matters and those who knew have died. 

Now how serious are you, Martin? When I offered for McSquatch to contact Steenburg because he has spoken to DeAtley - McSquatch said he was going to contact anyone. The sincerity of McSquatch was now seen for what it was - JIbber-Jabber!  So tell me what you found out when you called Steenburg because you were more serious than McSquatch in wanting to find out what you could.

PBeaton

Martin,

I agree, be nice, but from what I recall/know, he's never offered up much to those who would enquired. I believe there's quotes from Byrne regardin' what DeAtley had to say somewhere on here fairly recently(last few months). 

Pat...

• gigantor unlocked this topic