Information Gathering

Guest themanta

Basically, some here are just stirring the pot with these kind of remarks, and none of it is meaningful, nor is it productive toward the goals these people claim to require. THEY don't want "new" evidence. THEY want new material to tear apart, and deride, because they keep spouting the same old scoftic party line.

I came here to discuss what I have going on in the vicinity of my home. I am not in the habit of lying, fabricating or telling tall tales. I cannot help the FACT that they are present here through no effort on my part. They just ARE HERE. I didn't go looking for a "crew" of squatches to drag home. I came here because this is SUPPOSED to be THE place to DISCUSS my experiences. NOT to have some unseen "person" bob all around the word without coming right out and calling me a LIAR! Of course, those that fling accusations ought to know. They know the behavior well. Too well. Get It? The goal of these "people of an opposing view" lol yeah right, is to get us THAT KNOW to shut up about it. JMEO-Knuck

I'd give your post partial credit. There THREE cults that screw up bigfootery:

The chronically entitled believer: Not a habituation claim, but the kind who squatch from a keyboard and expect everyone out there in the field to spoonfed them every bit of evidence rather than get their own. They are quick to call skeptics the enemy an it seems like you're either for them or against them.

The skeptics themselves, or rather those who are here only to cast fear uncertainty and doubt, they aren't critical thinkers, they are deunkers, and they are here basically to keep the so called knowers quiet. dont kid yourself./

The you have the idol worshipers. there are some, in the minds of some, celebrity footers who want that status and their fans who demand these people treated that way. Yet the celebs dont have a body either and are no better at this than anyone else.

All three cults are essentially speed bumps to solving the mystery that is sasquatch.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Habituator just means you're perceptive enough not to run them off by getting all in their grill.

I love all the "expedition" reports. Those are all scientific and put everything in a clear bag all marked up with a sharpie. Only problem is the Bigfoots are in the next county by the time the convoy gets parked. Exept for the two juvenile delinquent Squatches that stayed to chuck a few pine cones.

I have been trying to habituate a group of Bigfoots to my occasional visits and to my attempts at photographing them at a distance. I have watched them through binoculars... what a treat. In four years I have seen them twice and heard them a few times. I have gotten a few pics.

I have collected evidence along they way but my utmost goal is to be able to come back next time and have then still be there.

Indiefoot, I couldn't agree more. I view it as respectful observation. If we do not disturb the creatures or act in threatening ways, I think we'll have better luck. The guys that run around at night and put a spotlight on every noise they hear are just driving the creatures away IMO.

We don't chase after them if we're lucky enough to see one. We enjoy a few moments and try to see what the creatures are doing/size/sex etc, and then we move along as if we never even saw them. I think it's important that we as the observer, end the encounter before the creature moves away on it's own. A minute or two observation is plenty IMO.

I go so far as to wear the exact same clothes in some areas. I know I've been seen and watched so I think and it's my hope they remember me and also remember that I don't cause them any problems if I see them by chance. In fact, I hope they're of the opinion that I'm blind as a bat and that my eyesight is so poor I can't see them even if only 10-15 feet away.

I agree with you 100%. And I think that the best research anyone can do will assure the creatures are still there at or near the same area when the researcher returns. If we drive them away, we learn nothing.

Chris B.

Guest Blackdog

They (we) do. It's the people who have something to hide that won't back up what they say, simple as that.

If all this "info/data" isn't of value, just why the heck are you devoting so much time to a forum aimed at something you don't believe in?

-Knuck

ive pondered a similiar idea before, but i figure it keeps the forum going w/ no new developments lately...but hang on, ive got an idea.........

They (we) do. It's the people who have something to hide that won't back up what they say, simple as that.

and i suspect a few folks do have something to say,or show, but keep it to themselves . a dude w/ a squatches head in a bag on the way to the lab might read thru some of these threads & go...."you know what, screw this......", walk off & chuck it in a lake to avoid the "discussion"......

so my info gathering idea....

if 90- 95 % of reports are crap, assemble a team of proponents & non propents that combine forces to investigate the remaining 5-10% of info gathered that cant be easily explained away and let them debunk the claim.............

Guest Blackdog

ive pondered a similiar idea before, but i figure it keeps the forum going w/ no new developments lately...but hang on, ive got an idea.........

and i suspect a few folks do have something to say,or show, but keep it to themselves . a dude w/ a squatches head in a bag on the way to the lab might read thru some of these threads & go...."you know what, screw this......", walk off & chuck it in a lake to avoid the "discussion"......

so my info gathering idea....

if 90- 95 % of reports are crap, assemble a team of proponents & non propents that combine forces to investigate the remaining 5-10% of info gathered that cant be easily explained away and let them debunk the claim.............

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

drunk%20feel.jpg

nice pic,........typical.

i think the original thread asked if we are being duped here when it comes to info gathering. it later turned towards the pro vs non-pro pattern we often see .

So,

i quoted posts from 2 opposing sides as examples of a potential reason why someone with good evidence or accounts ( as in gathered info ) would not come forward,at least not here, due to the same old back & forth between sides.

later, my idea was proponents & non proponents work together , instead of against each other, to prove or debunk any new claims w/ potential. (imagine that)

if the goal is to prove or disprove the existence of BF through gathered information, perhaps a pooling of resources & know- how by both sides would create an environment conducive to such gathered info actually being presented for investigation.

& no, i dont expect everyone to join hands & sing campfire songs.were too busy duping ourselves into thinking we actually might accomplish something one way or the other.huh.gif

Guest Silver Fox

Well, we have been told that anyone who kills a BF is almost guaranteed of being arrested or having charges filed against them by the state. Now, if I killed a BF? Dunno what I would do. I guess I could try not to get arrested, but I'm a real chicken. I was really crazy when I was young, drug dealer for many years and never got caught :lol: but now I'm over 50 and I'm paranoid as heck. I don't even want to look at a cop wrong, forget overt lawbreaking. I'm Mr. Clean in terms of the law. I even work directly with cops sometimes to help bust the "criminals" and evildoers. :mellow: I've gone 180 :lol: No way am I going to jail. Spent 6 hours there in my whole life. Ain't going back. :mad:

Unless feds guarantee that a BF killer of body possessor will not have charges filed, I dunno...ever seen the inside of a jail cell? :ph34r: I have, and I ain't going back. I'll take someone out before I go back there. :angry: Skeptics really underestimate the fear factor here. :o

Edited by Silver Fox

Guest RayG

Well, we have been told that anyone who kills a BF is almost guaranteed of being arrested or having charges filed against them by the state.

Yeah, we're being told that, but so far not a single arrest or charge. When's the last time a hunter spent any prison time for accidentally killing another hunter?

RayG

Yeah, we're being told that, but so far not a single arrest or charge. When's the last time a hunter spent any prison time for accidentally killing another hunter?

RayG

not a single arrest or charge??............

here are links to a couple of examples ........

hunter jailed,north country gazette

nzherald arrest fatal shooting which granted most real hunters would be more careful than that, but jail time can be a reality, google it for more examples if you like.

silver fox, i could understand fear of jail time for accidently killing a hoaxer in a suit, but jail time for an actual squatch could vary on locale,since it isnt officially recognized yet.

the "head in a bag" example was just that, an example,although a body is the only proof some would accept (& no this isnt another pro-anti kill debate) there could be other potentially valuable info or evidence gathered that never sees the light of day publically due to the crap storm that may follow such an exposure to the media, or on a forum for that matter.

why would anyone come forward with gathered info? no matter how good the material, a quick look around the " BF community" in general reveals such division among the ranks i suspect some may choose not to get involved at all.

Guest RayG

not a single arrest or charge??............

here are links to a couple of examples ........

Yes, thank you, those links show that humans have been arrested/charged/jailed for shooting another human.

However, my 'not a single arrest or charge' was in reference to Silver Fox's statement about anyone killing a BF being arrested or having charges filed against them by the state.

I am unaware of any hunter being arrested or charged for shooting a bigfoot. Are there any links to those incidents?

RayG

Guest bsruther

8' tall, 4' wide shoulders, 17" feet, hands that dangle to the knee, covered completely with hair?

Yeah, I think it would be ok to kill something like that in Kentucky...'He was comin' right at me'.

Now, if he was wearin' bib overalls, I think there might be jail time.

8' tall, 4' wide shoulders, 17" feet, hands that dangle to the knee, covered completely with hair?

Yeah, I think it would be ok to kill something like that in Kentucky...'He was comin' right at me'.

Now, if he was wearin' bib overalls, I think there might be jail time.

nice jobthumbsup.gif i like it.

& ray, if we had those kind of links none of us would be on the forum this evening,would we my friend?wink.gif

Guest Silver Fox

Yes, thank you, those links show that humans have been arrested/charged/jailed for shooting another human.

However, my 'not a single arrest or charge' was in reference to Silver Fox's statement about anyone killing a BF being arrested or having charges filed against them by the state.

I am unaware of any hunter being arrested or charged for shooting a bigfoot. Are there any links to those incidents?

RayG

We don't know, because no one has come forwards saying that they shot and killed a BF and here is the body. I heard a case in Arizona of a guy who shot a female BF, but it ran away. The ranger heard about it and threatened to arrest him for shooting an endangered species (a BF).