International Bigfoot Conference 2016

BigTreeWalker

SSR Team
On 6 September 2016 at 9:22 PM, SWWASAS said:

Adam Davies had an interesting presentation.  His presentation was about BF like creature sightings South of the US Boarder.   I was really surprised that there are than many.   He worked his way with various reports all the way down to central America.        Some appear to be large BF like creatures seen in the interior mountainous areas of Mexico and many reports of of small furry men in other areas.      Those interior mountains are covered with coniferous forests and have very little human presence.     Just the kind of place a BF like creature likes to hang out.      

On 7 September 2016 at 4:13 PM, SWWASAS said:

This is the guy who said he saw little aliens jump out of fire rings and charge him recently when he was camping with Matt Johnson.

I would have used the restroom at that time to be honest and would have grabbed some fresh air personally.

• Upvote 1

^^^^ 'fraid that's true.   After buying and reading Adam's book, my perception of the value of his stock has taken a serious tumble.   Camping with Matt Johnson is strike two.

MIB

• 4 months later...

I am only going to get one chance to fly transatlantic this year (if I'm lucky) so would this conference be the best one to aim for?

That depends on what you want out of it.    Most conferences' "vibe" reflects the organizer somewhat.   Many organizers have a set of people they respect that they often invite to speak.   Most conferences have web sites.   Look to see who the organizer is and who the speakers will be.    Find what fits.

I don't really expect much "bigfoot" out of going to a bigfoot conference, most of the information can be picked up online ... like right here.   To me the main value is the people I've met, faces I've put with names, connections made.   So, for me, "more local is more better".    For me, Oregon, Washington, and  Northern California are "prime" and everwhere else is somewhat off topic.    In particular, the past few years there have been some very good conferences around Kennewick/Richland/Pasco ("Tri Cities") in Washington as well as out on the Olympic Peninsula. 

MIB

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

For those who want to fly into a conference in the PNW,  the Sasquatch summit would be the easiest to get to from any distance away.    The Seattle airport,  Seatac, has international air service.        It is about a two hour drive from there to Ocean shores where the conference is held.           Kennewick is cheaper lodging but requires connections to some larger airport to get there on a regional carrier which would increase the cost to attend.   This past year, there was so little difference in the content and speakers, that I skipped the Sasquatch Summit.    I can drive to either one.       The November date also introduces bad weather into the decision.        

Thanks MIB and SWWASAS.

You both make good points about the PNW.

While I would love to be over there a few times each year, real life and lack of cash (who isn't short of cash?) get in the way. I'll keep my eyes open on the boards here for announcements.

BTW, you know how you can get Storm Chasing holidays? Who would you recommend for BF Hunting holidays? I know the chances of seeing anything over a one or two period would be minimal, but it may be worth me trying that route as a first timer.

I have not been with either group, but I would look to "expeditions" put on by BFRO or Olympic Project.   For an "experience" trip, I might lean towards BFRO.   For a hands on / how to, like track casting, trail camera setup, that sort of thing, O-P would be my first choice.   Both groups have web sites that describe their expedition offerings and what to expect from each trip.  

MIB

BFF Patron

I heard on the Portland news that there is a BF conference in Longview WA today.     Had heard nothing about it.      Meldrum and Randles are speakers.     Do not know who is sponsoring or anything other than that.     Anyone know?