Bigfoot Harvesting Fruits, Berries & Vegetables.

Branco

1 minute ago, Twist said:

I get all those possible reason for them to avoid trailcams.  I meant how would BF still pick fruit from a tree covered by a trail cam if they recognize and avoid them?

See Incorrigible1's post above.

BFF Patron

Branco do you know if BF likes pumpkins (special request on a special night, how about Jack o'Lanterns)?

23 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Branco do you know if BF likes pumpkins (special request on a special night, how about Jack o'Lanterns)?

You  know, I had to think about that one for a while. Seems like the big rascals will eat a lot of things planted and tended by humans, but I have never even heard of them eating pumpkins!!!! :huh: That's odd. They eat dang onions, garlic, turnips, leeks and squash. 

• Upvote 1

^^^ I'd eat most of that list before eating a pumpkin as well, unless we are talking pumpkin pie, but that is barely if at all really even pumpkin now days.  

• Upvote 1

Pumpkins are native to North America so I would assume it would always have been part of their diet, like the Native American tribes.

Put some carved ones out, light a candle in them and see if it attracts anything.

10 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Pumpkins are native to North America so I would assume it would always have been part of their diet, like the Native American tribes.

Put some carved ones out, light a candle in them and see if it attracts anything.

:rolleyes: I thought of that during my "thinking". If I did it now, I'd probably get a ticket; the burn ban may still be on. Maybe after the next flood.

Anyhow, I noticed the key in your reports and the one I mentioned is that ALL the fruit disappears overnight. The gentleman said it's happened to his orchard every fall for ten years or more, but fruit near the house is untouched. I asked if he'd noticed anything else that was odd around there, but no real answer on that.

BFF Patron

My question is do they use infrasound to rock that fruit to the ground  all at once!  

Use it or lose it is my mantra!

Edited by bipedalist

2 hours ago, bipedalist said:

My question is do they use infrasound to rock that fruit to the ground  all at once!  

Use it or lose it is my mantra!

Would peel any rind / skin of the fruit, at the same time. Since we're extrapolating with unbound imagination.

• Upvote 2

Maybe they just eat the squirrels after the squirrels eat the pumpkins.  There's an idea.  Devise a carved pumpkin that doubles as a squirrel trap.

There are some things they just don't like for some reason.  They'll pick a large, tempting, ripe tomato; take a bite out of it, and then discard the rest.

• Upvote 1

Not to totally derail, but pumpkins are indeed squash.  And are very tasty as well.  I make all my pumpkin pies from real pumpkins (FTR, I only make 1 or 2 a year, but still).

BFF Patron

Welcome back John!

On 11/4/2017 at 4:33 AM, JDL said:

Maybe they just eat the squirrels after the squirrels eat the pumpkins.  There's an idea.  Devise a carved pumpkin that doubles as a squirrel trap.

There are some things they just don't like for some reason.  They'll pick a large, tempting, ripe tomato; take a bite out of it, and then discard the rest.

I read somewhere that they do not like citrusy fruit such as oranges.  They love apples and we saw one hanging out in our peach grove though not in season.

• Upvote 1