Hollywood 50S/60S

norseman

RP1.jpg

MortonK1.jpg

Right. Roe didn't draw those, but the first one is associated with his encounter in 1955.

Guest John

Every time we do down this path, I find myself in the same place - for what that is worth. I never see the skeptics produce anything like Patty, as take a fun tour of 1950s/60s movie monsters, gorillas, and apemen. LOVE the tour, mind you. Just saying...

I think we are veering off topic, but I begin to see why one member states 'Can't win for losing in bigfootery'.

Proponents have stated 60's costumes & make-up were inferior to what would be required to produce the PGF subject - they were stiff & heavy to boot. A string of dire pictures from the era are posted as a result.

However, rather more compelling pictures of well made primate suits, fantasy characters & other make-ups showing considerable facial & anatomical alteration to human performers and good flexibility are posted from decades prior to the PGF to counter this claim.

Unfortunately the design of these is not close enough to the PGF subject.

However, when skeptical posters point out seemingly strange anatomical features on the PGF subject - doughnut rings, sub-ducting thighs, weird butt anatomy - proponents scour pictures of primates - in an attempt to find something that looks like the perceived anomoly.

Who was it said - 'Can't win for losing in bigfootery'? :P

I think we are veering off topic, but I begin to see why one member states 'Can't win for losing in bigfootery'.

Proponents have stated 60's costumes & make-up were inferior to what would be required to produce the PGF subject - they were stiff & heavy to boot. A string of dire pictures from the era are posted as a result.

However, rather more compelling pictures of well made primate suits, fantasy characters & other make-ups showing considerable facial & anatomical alteration to human performers and good flexibility are posted from decades prior to the PGF to counter this claim.

Unfortunately the design of these is not close enough to the PGF subject.

However, when skeptical posters point out seemingly strange anatomical features on the PGF subject - doughnut rings, sub-ducting thighs, weird butt anatomy - proponents scour pictures of primates - in an attempt to find something that looks like the perceived anomoly.

Who was it said - 'Can't win for losing in bigfootery'? :P

"More compelling"? A still photo is NEVER as compelling as film IMHO. I would have to see your example in film in order to make up my mind.

But again keep in mind your comparing Hollywood with supposedly three cowboy hoaxers. Just because you might be able to show that Hollywood WAS capable of producing something as good as the PGF? Doesn't mean that Patterson and crew were........

As far as I'm concerned if your going to show the PGF a hoax, you need to drop the Morris suit/football helmet/skinned horse hypothesis for something a bit more compelling (large production studio with money). And it would be nice to see the suit as well.

Guest John

"More compelling"? A still photo is NEVER as compelling as film IMHO. I would have to see your example in film in order to make up my mind.

I've given the film titles ........

But again keep in mind your comparing Hollywood with supposedly three cowboy hoaxers.

In a thread started & titled by?

As far as I'm concerned if your going to show the PGF a hoax, you need to drop the Morris suit/football helmet/skinned horse hypothesis for something a bit more compelling (large production studio with money).

You are probably generalizing but you will never find a post where I personally ever championed the above.

I've given the film titles ........

Correct. But I cannot find anywhere that sells films that old.

In a thread started & titled by?

That would be me........what are you getting at?

You are probably generalizing but you will never find a post where I personally ever championed the above.

I'm espousing the most popular hoax theory.

Guest John

That would be me........what are you getting at?

Simple..... Don't blame me for responding to your thread - I didn't start the **** thing :lol:.

Simple..... Don't blame me for responding to your thread - I didn't start the **** thing :lol:.

I'm not blaming you at all........

Amazon

Buy.com

Amazon has the better deal IMO. Also, you can find clips of the movie online. Just checked and here is Tarzan and his mate...FREE!

Tarzan and his mate

oop, I see you found the links to the movies. But watch TAHM on Utube, it has the better costumes IMO. You can skip through some of the ads. I think the best sequence of the ape costumes in motion is towards the very end of the film.

Edited by Redwolf