Squatchy McSquatch

The Cherry Picking Thread...

Squatchy McSquatch

Let's do it.

Phrases worn out of Bigfootery that we hear and browse all the time,that became part of the mantra and the folklore...yet litter the conversation at hand. Let's go:

"Roger skinned it out of a  dead red horse"

"IM index"  (without ever having measured a specimen's bone structure, but hey...)

"Inhuman proportions" (without an established PGF height)

A history of hoaxes and not a trace of Bigfoot.

Please add to the list and pick until your heart's content.

Cheers.

SweatyYeti

Squatchy McSquatch wrote:

"IM index"  (without ever having measured a specimen's bone structure, but hey...)

Without 'hand extensions' on the PGF subject....(clearly demonstrable)...

King_Kong_Arms_Patty_Comp1.jpg

....a measurement of it's IM Index is a measurement of it's bone structure.  :)

OldMort

"Prints 5x deeper than can be made by men" is my personal favorite.

OkieFoot

Unless I'm misinterpreting what "Inhuman proportions" is referring to, it's the same thing as IM Index. And they have nothing to do with height. 

Guest Bigfoothunter
15 hours ago, OldMort said:

I think it is prints made that were 5X deeper than other men could make.

That reference of course went to the absurd suggestion that someone walking around with rigid wooden footwear could somehow make 1.5" tracks at the  PGF site that other men like Jim McClarin in his footwear could only make a 0.25" track. That makes it one of my favorites as well because it forces one to review the additional attributes to the causes for track depth by way of an actual flexible foot Vs one being hindered by a rigid sole. Keep thinking on it and maybe you will get to liking that phrase as much as I do.

icon_xl.png

PBeaton
18 hours ago, OldMort said:

Refferin' to the PGF Bluff Creek tracks ? Let's not forget primate anatomical characteristics that went unrecognized for years if not decades. It wasn't that long ago those knowledgeable ones said a bipedal primate wouldn't have midfoot flexibility, seems that idea changed easy enough with time. Common knowledge for 1967 laymen...me thinks not !    

Guest Bigfoothunter
1 hour ago, PBeaton said:

Refferin' to the PGF Bluff Creek tracks ? Let's not forget primate anatomical characteristics that went unrecognized for years if not decades. It wasn't that long ago those knowledgeable ones said a bipedal primate wouldn't have midfoot flexibility, seems that idea changed easy enough with time. Common knowledge for 1967 laymen...me thinks not !    

Like this .........

Bipedal gorilla _ Laverty photo copy.jpg

PBeaton

Midfoot flexibility wouldn't be found in a bipedal primate foot, there's no reason for it.  ;)  ;) 

desilva02.jpg

kitakaze

Bigbend.jpg

PBeaton

elivationofheel.jpg

BaggyBottomBob2_zps368478f3.jpg

ha ! ha ! ha !

Edited by PBeaton

kitakaze

Sweet Tony Danza, floppy feet!

Everybody, stop what you're doing! Campfire Patty has done it! They have documented genuine, really, really real floppy feet!

They're going to get the entire gaggle of them together and have an emoticon ridden, English language murdering, all caps littered ho-down!

Too cruel, this world that doesn't recognize the soaring maverick thinkers that they are. Too cruel, sinister science, requiring physical remains to document a species.

Why can't we all just let our hair down and welcome with open arms the wishes of these fortean crusaders?

Bigpattyflop.jpg

SweatyYeti
45 minutes ago, kitakaze said:

Sweet Tony Danza, floppy feet!

Everybody, stop what you're doing! Campfire Patty has done it! They have documented genuine, really, really real floppy feet!

One difference between Tony Danza's foot....and Patty's....is that with Patty, her toes are lifted upwards, as the foot is angled downwards...

Pattys_Lifting_Toes2.jpg

On the other hand/foot....Tony's foot is angled upwards, as are the "toes". 

One noteworthy...realistic...detail in Patty's feet, is how long the toes appear when they are lifted upwards....but yet, when the very same foot is oriented vertically, and viewed from behind.....the alleged "freely-flopping fake" toes extend only a short length beyond/below the body of the foot. 

Shorter than they appear when lifted upwards.

Exactly the way that real toes appear/function, on real feet.  Really. ;)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Backdoc
4 hours ago, kitakaze said:

Why can't we all just let our hair down and welcome with open arms the wishes of these fortean crusaders?

Bigpattyflop.jpg

This part of the posting pushes me away from the hoax idea.  Those feet in the still pic on the left (though we can actually watch it dynamically) are not from some ape suit from 1967 or an attempt to make one. They are from a more modern suit on a smooth floor in an air conditioned lab in the Stanford walking experiment.  (I imagine the coffee and donuts off camera would really good too).  The pic on the right which we can also was in real time moving video was made in the 1967 era.  We can see the toes actually extend in a manner which is consistent with a walking foot.  The fuzzy shoe box on the left does not exhibit those movements like the one on the right.  The one on the right also occurred outdoor in the terrain which would make walking a bit difficult I should think.  Either way, on this issue it is a miss.

SM:

"Inhuman proportions" (without an established PGF height)

------------------------------------------------------

Squatchy,

To me the IM index and the proportions are more than a reasonable basis to have a discussion around.  There is some blurr factor we can get a general idea where things bend.  Take Jim McClarin for instance.  There is not a super crisp image of him on the spring 1968 film of him walking. It is crisp for the era.  Still within reason we can get a general idea (and I would argue even better than general) of where bend points are.

BD

OkieFoot

I read this some time ago but I recall reading a gem from Bob Heironimus; he once said people had told him he naturally walked like Bigfoot.

What I'd like to know is how many of those people had actually watched a Bigfoot walk to know that Bob H. walked like one.  

• Upvote 1