Killing Bigfoot

hiflier

5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

In my experience alone,  my encounters went from friendly and playful to, very unfriendly in a few months with what I presume was the same small group of BF.   I did nothing but continue to look for them.     But I have no control over what other humans did in that period of time.    I can well imagine if I had ever drawn my weapon,  that the response would have been more unfriendly.    

As far as a hoaxer in a BF costume,   I think I would worry more about a BF thinking it was cute or funny and just hauling him off to play, especially if the hoaxer looked female like Patty.    Imagine the BF males disappointment!    Even a male looking hoaxer could trigger some sort of territorial defense or just outrage at trying to fool BF with a costume.    

Reading this automatically reminded me of that scene in Trading Places, where they put the gorilla suit on the guy and put him in the cage with the real one...

Mountain monsters and Alaska monsters is more like live action Scooby-Doo and the gang.

What put me off Killing Bigfoot was the episode when they were testing new prospective members.

Of course none of them made the cut.

As a hunter I watch these guys from that perspective and I see nothing "elite" about their tactics or firearm handling 

I will still watch it on occasion, but I don't take them seriously 

They don't seem to concerned about having their flashlights on all the time , I noticed.

Mr. Lansdale plays the General well staying in camp instead of the bush.

The jawbone they found was found to be 100% human? They mentioned it in the closing credits.

• Upvote 1

^^^ On the two (2) events he invited us down for he was pretty much "in the rear, with the gear" most of the time and never far away from his vehicle or the protection of others.

Everyone has a role they can play. Some people will never be able to pull the trigger. But they can man radios, read maps, reports, crunch data, gather water, make pickups, etc.

There should be nothing shameful about helping to procure a specimen for science.

99.999999% of the people who got us to space never donned a space suit. Food for thought.

• Upvote 2

If things got real would his guys hear his truck getting the heck out of Dodge?

Would that make him or them any less? I do not think so. Fear is a good thing for those in the know ! My wonderment is that they do not spot the tree formations in the episodes of killing bigfoot. All that is part of tracking this Creature we call bigfoot. What's cool is that they ( Bigfoots ) were on the forest floor and now they are in the tree's as though they know. But then again it is a show and who knows how real it is or how far they are going to push it. If they go all the way then we will know the truth and no sense on keep saying what I have been saying about them reading thoughts. So we will learn a lot from watching this show.

You can sit in a stand for hours with no luck then all of a sudden you have that one encounter with a buck of a life time. Same goes with these creatures you can sit there with that one moment and it will mess you all up. A life time of change.

If they are playing out this show there has to be an out come. But who knows what this out come may even become off. In my eye's I really do not believe the deed should be done in public view. It should be done privately so the study can be done in silence. If the species is there or out there( which I know it is ) then it deserves it's privacy. I believe that once it has been confirmed then it should be made public.

I know that they are trying to go after aggressive creatures. But I have yet to see an aggressive creature or what I would consider an aggressive creature. If they were aggressive then lights would not matter and these creatures would be in their face. The camera crew would have rocks thrown at them by the group. Yet nothing of this has happened. The same goes with the snipers. They have been compromised from the start by them walking and talking. You are hunting them so why announce your self to them. Hey but I do like the show though and hope that one does get retrieved. Only time will tell. :) 

On 2/6/2017 at 8:36 PM, spacemonkeymafia said:

If things got real would his guys hear his truck getting the heck out of Dodge?

IMO, a definite possibility although he had no reticence in sending his teenage son into the brush as well as to birddog me during the second event down there. Later said he was afraid I'd find the body and spirit it away all for myself. To those (in this thread) trying to carry water for him, unless you were there and observed things firsthand, you know not of whence you speak.

Watched the first recorded episode today at lunch.

They seem like a decent group of guys. I like their message, it needs to be said. 

But I did not see anything on their show that made me think they got close. I wish them luck!

Edited by norseman

BFF Patron

Norseman you mentioned a 2000 yard shot a few posts ago.    I saw a reference to Seal Team Six a couple of days ago where one of their sharpshooters got a human target at 2 miles.       The details of the shot were classified as was the mission.     For my comfort level I think I would want to be be that far away before shooting at a BF.     BF are even a bigger target than human.     If the government has taken down a BF,   they certainly have assets capable of doing it easily.    

My fear with long shots concerning Bigfoot is shooting someone in a suit.....

I would like to think close in I could tell the difference between an ape suit and a 800 lbs living creature.

IIRC, likely the only long-range shot venue for that area is utility ROW's as Desoto Parish is pine belt, coastal plain type topography.