Killing Bigfoot

hiflier

BFF Patron
16 hours ago, norseman said:

My fear with long shots concerning Bigfoot is shooting someone in a suit.....

I would like to think close in I could tell the difference between an ape suit and a 800 lbs living creature.

Some would say that none of us can tell the difference but you do have a good point.   

Admin
On 2/8/2017 at 2:24 PM, SWWASAS said:

Norseman you mentioned a 2000 yard shot a few posts ago.    I saw a reference to Seal Team Six a couple of days ago where one of their sharpshooters got a human target at 2 miles.       The details of the shot were classified as was the mission.     For my comfort level I think I would want to be be that far away before shooting at a BF.     BF are even a bigger target than human.     If the government has taken down a BF,   they certainly have assets capable of doing it easily.    

Most likely done with this and from higher ground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82

^^^ The lack of hearing & eye protection some of those boys demonstrated likely makes them an ideal fit for the Killing Bigfoot traveling team.

Admin
2 hours ago, Seatco said:

Some nice choice's for out west or open areas.The wood lots around here require close quarter combat.

If i can sneak the $2500 by wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Ask her how much she loves you......   :wink:

On 2/10/2017 at 0:49 PM, spacemonkeymafia said:

2000 yards in my neck of the woods means three ridge tops over. The woods are thick and have steep ravines.

The same can be said of my area.  Thickly-vegetated woods where you can't see very far and the terrain is up and down. Not much reason to carry a rifle that can shoot accurately to 500 yards.

Not much reason to carry one that shoots 500 yards no matter where one is. If they work in groups and bury their dead it won't be there when one traverses the 500 yards to collect it anyway. Or the others hear someone coming and that someone has to decide whether or not to shoot them all? There really is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Personally I'd like to see one on a slab. The trick is for someone who shoots one to make sure it GETS to the slab. That process takes some serious thinking through.

Admin

The plan might be to have the shooter stay in the overwatch position to cover the four (or more) "collectors" making their way to the body. If family/clan/group members show up, well, might end up with more than one specimen.

And as far as a specimen goes, how many needed? Male, a female, an elder, juveniles? Specimens from different parts of the country (WA BF any different than FL BF or NY or TX or ... ?)? In other words, how many would be needed to get a good idea of what they are all about and to determine geographical, age, sex, etc., if any, differences?

How many specimens needed? ONE. Then let science handle the rest of the puzzle as by then, with a specimen, science will have no choice but to accept that there isn't, and cannot be, just one. Especially if the public is informed as well.

Edited by hiflier

I would think that one reason to carry a rifle would be is to have a enough fire power to put one down. The yardage does not mean a thing since one will only have one shot or maybe even two shots. My guess would be is that if one was to shoot one of these buggers it is going to be an up close personal shot. If it is well placed shot then it will be an confrontational encounter. Heck ! chances are the first encounter will be a loner encounter and will be the last loner encounter. But if you have that one encounter and you have the right fire power to take one out then do so.

Not just with a rifle but with a bow or even a cross bow which is and up close encounter. Who is to say that is not self defense when you pull a monster out of the woods that you have just shot with a bow or a cross bow. When just seeing these creatures brings fear on people. Taking long distance shots just will not work well for no one since the shot will be heard through out the woods. By the time you get to the body it might not be there and might have already be gone. No ! short distance shot is the best and only way to retrieve a body. What I call for is complete aye ham and chaos. (: 

One thing bothers me about the show. I've only seen 2 episodes so far so maybe I don't understand. Why do they extract a member as soon as he reports activity?

Their goal is to collect one, right?

Admin
9 hours ago, spacemonkeymafia said:

Why do they extract a member as soon as he reports activity?

Kind of like the Alaska Monsters guys. They find tracks heading into the woods and leave so that they can come back at night....  :lol:

• Upvote 1