Sign in to follow this  
norseman

Happy 50th birthday PGF!

norseman

October 20th, 1967 - October 20th, 2017

I've posted this up early so we can discuss the up and coming birthday of this iconic film.

Crow logic posted this up last year one year premature. And then he went and got himself banished from the BFF.

Congrats to Bob Gimlin and Patricia Patterson!

• Upvote 1

hiflier
BFF Donor

Good on you, Norseman! And I 110% agree. Yeah, Crowlogic was a year early and so was the launch of my book- for that very reason. I thought it the best way for me to introduce the year leading up to that infamous encounter. Hoax or not the effort was astounding; and the results even more so. 

PBeaton

A early Happy 50th Birthday PGF ! A truly is a remarkable film even after 50 years, because of it I have learned a lot, met some fine folks, an it still fascinates me to no end !

:drinks:

Pat...

Image result for  bigfoot gif

• Upvote 2

Patterson-Gimlin

Great film and it's amazing it still holds up to scrutiny and modern technology. 

Sadly, nothing nearly as spectacular since. 

Of course that is to be expected when one is dealing with mythical beasts 

SweatyYeti

^

It's not all that amazing that it holds up to scientific scrutiny, Patterson-Gimlin...when one can accept the results/ramification of such scrutiny....(i.e....it's not a 'guy in a suit'). 

Put another way...the shortcoming, or deficiency, is on the receiving end of the film....not on the transmitting end. :) 

Happy 50th, to the  Patterson-Gimlin Film!!! :drinks: 

I'm hoping to have some of my analysis posted later this year...on one, or more, of the cryptozoology websites/blogs. 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

Mendoza

If authentic, the Patterson-Gimlin film is practically the "Rosetta stone" of Bigfoot research until a body is recovered.

I'm just now wrapping up a new study of the film that may be quite significant.  I'll be writing it up soon.

SweatyYeti

^

Sounds good, Mendoza. :popcorn: 

Backdoc

The 50th would be a great opp for TV to focus on the PGF. I doubt it will.  My hope was/ would be a "PGF Challenge."  This would mean you have a panel of experts and give 3 teams a budget and the challenge to build a 'Patty' and do a recreation of the PGF (within reason). Then judge the results.  The show could be done for very little money as the materials ALL which must be from 1967 or before would be very low cost.

I think you would have some of the Big Dogs in the field opt out as they would quietly know the task is not as easy as it sounds and failure would be an egg-on-the-face big time.   A pretty very good result might still be looked at by die-hard PGF types as a failure which is unfair.  In this way it is a bit of an uphill task. The panel of experts though (say a panel of believers and skeptics) might be more sympathetic.

It should be easy to show what one man can do in 1967 another can do in 2017 using 1967 materials. 

The 50th would be a great chance to show that.  We know a man can potentially escape from Alcatraz using a home made raft because a nearly same or similar attempt has been tested by TV shows.  The same needs to be done regarding the 50 year old PGF.

BD

SweatyYeti

^

IMO, Backdoc....a 'suit replication' challenge would make a good segment of a 'PGF 50th Anniversary' Show...but I think a Show like that would need more than just attempts at reproducing the look of the film subject. One reason why I think it would need something more...is because any and all such attempts will fail to replicate Patty.

A special Show, celebrating the 50th Anniversary of such a controversial film, should include more than just a few failed attempts at re-creating the filmed subject. 

I think it'd be a good idea to have the people most closely associated with the film gathered together....to try to make their cases, for the film...and to be questioned on their claims. :) 

Backdoc
3 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

I think it'd be a good idea to have the people most closely associated with the film gathered together....to try to make their cases, for the film...and to be questioned on their claims. :) 

I agree esp on the last part. There is a ton of stuff I have learned from the BFF regarding the PGF. It would make some good TV I think at least as good as a show I personally don't care for but cont to get renewed "finding bigfoot"

How about some hard Q to Gimlin and Bobby H. and so on.

Squatchy McSquatch
4 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

^

IMO, Backdoc....a 'suit replication' challenge would make a good segment of a 'PGF 50th Anniversary' Show...but I think a Show like that would need more than just attempts at reproducing the look of the film subject. One reason why I think it would need something more...is because any and all such attempts will fail to replicate Patty.

A special Show, celebrating the 50th Anniversary of such a controversial film, should include more than just a few failed attempts at re-creating the filmed subject. 

SY you are thoroughly convinced the PGF is real. 

Why would you need a 'suit challenge' if the film stands on its own merits?  

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

PBeaton

^ ;)

It would be cool to see what they come up with. The one above sure failed miserably, an that was by two who claim to be involved back in the day.  

Squatchy McSquatch

Celebrating 50 years without a Bigfoot is sad, imo

The PGF should have been replicated with a body by now, no need for costumes, but hey,

That's just my opinion

PBeaton

Celebrating 50 years without skeptics bein' able to recreate the PGF must be sadder, imo.

The PGF should have been replicated with suit by now if a costume, no need to go out lookin' for a animal, but hey.

Just another opinion.

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti
4 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

SY you are thoroughly convinced the PGF is real. 

Why would you need a 'suit challenge' if the film stands on its own merits?  

A 'suit challenge' would simply be a part of the overall analysis of the film. One way of determining what the film subject is, is to try replicating certain details seen on Patty...with a person wearing a suit.

If those certain details cannot be reproduced by a 'guy in a suit'....then that would mean that Patty is not a guy in a suit. :) 

And, the purpose of such a Show would not be purely to convince me, of anything. It would be targeted at the general public....in general. 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this