Sign in to follow this  
norseman

Happy 50th birthday PGF!

SweatyYeti
2 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Celebrating 50 years without a Bigfoot is sad, imo

The PGF should have been replicated with a body by now, no need for costumes, but hey,

Hey, check it out.....Crowlogic's arbitrary "50 Year time limit' rides again!   ;) 

norseman
15 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Celebrating 50 years without a Bigfoot is sad, imo

The PGF should have been replicated with a body by now, no need for costumes, but hey,

That's just my opinion

I agree that we should as a community be more aggressive in obtaining a specimen.

But maybe there are none left to collect? Maybe we are looking at one of the last of its kind?

With no specimen and no smoking gun suit? The mystery could remain so for the rest of eternity.

SweatyYeti
33 minutes ago, norseman said:

I agree that we should as a community be more aggressive in obtaining a specimen.

But maybe there are none left to collect? Maybe we are looking at one of the last of its kind?

With no specimen and no smoking gun suit? The mystery could remain so for the rest of eternity.

If the PGF is a legit Bigfoot film, Norse.....that may well be it's ultimate fate....a film which is never satisfactorily Proven to be legit, or a hoax, to the majority of the general public. 

'Hard, undeniable Proof' would be much easier to obtain if the film were a hoax......than it would be if the film is legit. :) 

MIB

You could be right, they could all be gone.   I haven't seen one in 3 years now.  :(    I assume the tracks I found last summer were only from last spring, they're not likely 3 years old.

Dunno ... it is what it is.   I'm in this for the long haul.   I don't have any arbitrary dates when, based on lack of scientific acceptance, I'm going to turn scoftic.   There is no "give up", there's only "go on."

MIB

Backdoc
2 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

'Hard, undeniable Proof' would be much easier to obtain if the film were a hoax......than it would be if the film is legit. :) 

Any even remotely reasonable person would have to understand the brilliance in this statement. A hoax leaves clues. Real clues.  Just watch X Creatures and look what a man walking in an ape suit really looks like when walking on a creek bed:

See at 5:45 or so:

BD

SweatyYeti
23 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Any even remotely reasonable person would have to understand the brilliance in this statement. A hoax leaves clues. Real clues.  Just watch X Creatures and look what a man walking in an ape suit really looks like when walking on a creek bed:

BD

Thanks for the positive comment, Backdoc. :) 

The reasoning I was using, is that in the case of a 'hoax film'....there is the suit used, the actor inside it, the maker of the suit...and the person/s who planned/shot the film. Any one of those people could come forward, and admit/confess to the hoax...or the suit could be brought forward, to show that the film was a hoax. 

But in the case of a legit Bigfoot film....the only tangible, physical evidence which could prove the film is legit, would be the filmed subject....(which is typically "long gone, and hard to find", shortly after being filmed.)  

There is also the physical analysis of the filmed subject...but many people are reluctant to accept positive results, when it comes to this particular subject. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

Backdoc

I suspect using modern suit guys and modern materials a suit guy could make a similar look to what we see in the PGF to some extent using Today's materials. (  The problem for the man in the suit is trying to walk like that.  It would be easier to briefly mimic an ape and " walk" like one.  If the suit is good enough we might buy it is an ape. )

I really doubt the same suit guys of today could do a good enough McGuyver act on making a suit out of 1967 era materials looking near or like the PGF.  Materials of today, I think they come close to some extent.  Materials of 1967, I really doubt it.

salubrious
On 3/22/2017 at 0:16 PM, MIB said:

You could be right, they could all be gone.   I haven't seen one in 3 years now.  :(    I assume the tracks I found last summer were only from last spring, they're not likely 3 years old.

I'm pretty sure they're still around. I had an experience on top of the Elk Pass in BC last summer that really would be hard to explain any other way.

Sign in to follow this