HOLDMYBEER

The Patterson Gimlin Film - On The Road

Backdoc
BFF Donor

HMB,

Thanks for posting esp the promo stuff of the time.

i am not sure what to make of the finance stuff.

Backdoc
BFF Donor

What might still exist in other places regarding reel #2.

As I understand they took the footage on the road.  Many have said they showed at these showings Reel #1 and #2.  Why would someone else have a copy of reel #2?  Was some Presentation Copy made that was used in the showings.  Say A film which had Reel #2 and part of reel #2 on it?

It would seem if Roger and Al took Reel #1 and #2 and made some presentation Copy, that presentation copy would still be taken with Roger and Al on their tour.   Obviously if some movie house had /owned a presentation copy they might still have it in some cardboard box somewhere in the attic.  Apart from some presentation copy being made which included stuff from Reel #2 I don't see how a copy of reel #2 would be yet to be discovered from some old theater or other source.

OldMort

^^^ It has been stated that the BBC lost the second reel or at least never returned it after borrowing it.

During the BBC's X- Creatures Bigfoot episode, Chris Packham makes reference to the second reel disappearing decades ago, shortly after the film was first shot.

I wonder why it disappeared...

I'm also wondering why the posters in the first document advertise the film as being "filmed in part by the BBC"?

Edited by OldMort
  • Upvote 1

OldMort
28 minutes ago, OldMort said:

I'm also wondering why the posters in the first document advertise the film as being "filmed in part by the BBC"?

Edited 22 minutes ago by OldMort

Disregard the above ...

"Though there was little scientific interest in the film, Patterson was still able to capitalize on it. He made a deal with the BBC, allowing it to use his footage in a docudrama they made in return for letting him tour with their docudrama, into which he melded material from his own documentary and additional material he and Al DeAtley filmed.[91] This film was shown in local movie houses around the Pacific Northwest and Midwest"

Martin

Thanks HMB. Awesome stuff.

Who's wrote the ledger?

Patterson-Gimlin

Thank you very much for sharing. That is outstanding .

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

norseman
BFF Donor

Where is Bob in all of this? He isn't mentioned anywhere.

Martin

^The real Bob Gimlin was replaced by another guy in an indian costume who played the roll of Bob Gimlin in the PGF roadshow.

Edited by Martin

norseman
BFF Donor

Why?

Martin

I don't know but I heard it was a surprise when the real Bob found out someone was playing him in his indian tracker roll on the PGF roadshow.  

Like so many other things the full story isn't really known. People with access never dig too deep into touchy subjects.

Edited by Martin

Bigfoothunter
37 minutes ago, Martin said:

I don't know but I heard it was a surprise when the real Bob found out someone was playing him in his indian tracker roll on the PGF roadshow.  

Like so many other things the full story isn't really known. People with access never dig too deep into touchy subjects.

The story is mostly known to those who have followed it. Roger wanted Bob to tour with them when showing the film, but Bob had a family and Ranch - so he declined. It was a guy who knew Bob that happen to be at one of the movie showings when this impostor was being used by Roger, so he contacted Bob and told him what they were doing.

• Upvote 1

Martin
11 minutes ago, Bigfoothunter said:

The story is mostly known to those who have followed it. Roger wanted Bob to tour with them when showing the film, but Bob had a family and Ranch - so he declined. It was a guy who knew Bob that happen to be at one of the movie showings when this impostor was being used by Roger, so he contacted Bob and told him what they were doing.

What happened next BFH?

Bigfoothunter
29 minutes ago, Martin said:

What happened next BFH?

The very next thing was Gimlin's friend said he should come down right then to confront them.  (Hope that helps)