Sign in to follow this  
Squatchy McSquatch

What Ever Happened To Patty?

Squatchy McSquatch
53 minutes ago, DWA said:
54 minutes ago, DWA said:

Plus there's this:  if you are not a professional wildlife photographer, the only animals that will let you film them are animals long habituated to human presence.

Roger Patterson was not a professional wildlife photographer

• Upvote 3

Twist
3 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Pffff, logic?  Get that out of here, we gots reports AND LOTS OF THEM!! 

Backdoc

This all makes me ask "what will it take to get another PGF?"

what at will it take to have a person with now digital camera ready, with bigfoot there in broad daylight in the open for for a solid 30 seconds or so at less than 130 feet away?

trail cameras seem to be the best bet. Other possibilities might include a guy filming another thing like a bird and then another Patty makes an appearence during the bird filming.

SweatyYeti

"What happened to Patty"??? She walked off....into History. :popcorn:  

• Upvote 1

MIB
7 hours ago, Backdoc said:

This all makes me ask "what will it take to get another PGF?"

I suspect a piece of the PGF puzzle is Roger 'n' Bob on horseback with a camera represented a paradigm shift.  Once it has happened once, the 'foots learned and adjusted so it didn't happen again.   It's sort of like software development ... when you find a vulnerability, you plug it.   The "next PGF" will occur when someone does something that involves a discontinuous leap forward, revolutionary rather than evolutionary progress.

Yep ... I understand what that implies.   History suggests that no matter how uncomfortable that implication is, it is **correct**.

The second piece is if you're serious about pictures, I think you have to go back to film cameras.

MIB

Backdoc
33 minutes ago, MIB said:

The second piece is if you're serious about pictures, I think you have to go back to film cameras.

MIB

If Roger had a good Cell Phone Camera or even a 'tape' Digital Movie Camera from 15 years ago, I would think we would have a really detailed Patty.  The quality images would tell us all we needed to know if real or fake.  The PGF was about the best for its' day but far short of today. 

In order for there to be another PGF, we need to have 1) a person with a camera and 2) a creature

Anything which would enhance the factors between the camera and the subject would be a plus.

In Rogers case he did have good lighting and an open area and other factors.

Patterson-Gimlin

I don.t know where she went . I do know where she didn't go . In the back of a truck and down the road from Gimlin.

• Upvote 4

Squatchy McSquatch

Each day we get closer to the PGF's 50th, we stray a little further from bigfoot.

PBeaton

After near 50 years...I present a similar suit recreation...

Image result for drawing of a tumbleweed gif

• Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin
14 hours ago, PBeaton said:

After near 50 years...I present a similar suit recreation...

Image result for drawing of a tumbleweed gif

I am not out of plusses 

• Upvote 1

JustCurious

I think she moved to Crescent City or thereabouts.  I also think she died sometime in the early 80s.  It would be nice to get a good movie of her offspring to see how much they look like her.  Of course if that happens this October, all muckety muck would break out from some camp which shall remain nameless.  Tumbleweed, makes me think of music, which makes me wonder if Tom Y has made a song yet for the 50th...

Squatchy McSquatch

I heard Tom Yams is booking a string quartet for the event. :)

Seriously I wonder how the 50th will come to pass.

A mere footnote in the news -- 50 years ago today....

It would be cool to see at least one feature show on the PGF.

Cotter
On 5/26/2017 at 10:47 AM, Squatchy McSquatch said:

You do not know that!  Apparently he was a professional suit builder WAYYYY ahead of his time!

SweatyYeti

Whatever happened to "Patty"???

That's easy.....the "Bloke in the Suit" never stepped forward, and made his claim to fame......and the guy who "supplied and/or made the suit" never stepped forward, and made his 'claim to fame'. ;)  

Sign in to follow this