what is a "scientist" ?

MIB

1 hour ago, TritonTr196 said:

However some in this video likes their names out there. To each their own................

When I saw the credits I noticed at least one notorious hoaxer on the list.

Then I noticed the guy who disappeared in every video just before the activity started and returned shortly after it stopped.

I did like the fact that your group researches from the car. That is a lot easier than hiking and toting equipment to remote areas.

Edited by Martin
  • Upvote 1

Good question, MIB.  I'm still thinking about it, but I will say for sure that a college degree in Science, or the lack thereof, doesn't automatically make anyone a Scientist -or- not a Scientist, in my opinion.  8  )

2 hours ago, Martin said:

When I saw the credits I noticed at least one notorious hoaxer on the list.

Then I noticed the guy who disappeared in every video just before the activity started and returned shortly after it stopped.

I did like the fact that your group researches from the car. That is a lot easier than hiking and toting equipment to remote areas.

The guy who disappeared along with another person, started walking down the road by themselves. Which is clearly shown in the videos. Yes, there were some worried about them and spoke of it. The lady talking was scared. They weren't walking up and down a slightly steep hill in the middle of the night with no lights and even then, they wouldn't if they had lights they wouldn't because they are smart enough to not hurt themselves pulling some prank in the dark.

As in the video, this was a camp out. During the course of the camp out, some nights were spent driving down some old roads in this state forest. The day time was spent hiking all day long in area we camped in. Also got in some gold panning and trout fishing. There was probably six or seven more videos made of the day time stuff. Thanks for the observation and assumptions though.

• Upvote 1

The great majority of scientists, Kuhn explains, are not busy contesting accepted knowledge or falsifying major claims but instead repeat - with relatively small variants - the work of their predecessors.  Moreover, scientists are organized in distinct and incommensurable communities, each shaped by a different disciplinary matrix, and they work exclusively within the framework of that matrix. - Ilana Lowy

That sounds more like auto mechanics, to me.  To me, the scientists are the ones who contest accepted knowledge and falsify major claims.  Right?

Science is FORWARD and FORWARD is science then, right? Full speed ahead!  Show us what you've got Mr. Scientist.

Edited by hiflier