Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots? (2)

masterbarber

Some possible reasons for How the Cascade Carnivore Project misses the bigfoots.

1) The bigfoots are not in the area. For any number of reasons.

2) The bigfoots are in the area, but not in the detection range of the trail camera.

3) The bigfoots are aware of and weary of the trail camera.

4) The bigfoots are not interested in the bait.

5) Trail Camera malfunction/problems.

I would like to add a 6) maybe the trail camera did get a bigfoot but only a small piece of it. So it is an unknown what the trail camera got.

I got my first unknown visitor then 14 photos in a row of nothing. I'm not saying it is a bigfoot, just unknown.

U1.JPG

Then the coyote finally showed up again and drug the dead deer downhill out of the detection range of both trail cameras.

Coyote67.JPG

Interesting stuff. I'm always learning something new.

whatever is in the first photo it is right next to the camera.  How high off the ground is the camera.  I would guess between 4-6'?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the trail cam 4 feet off the ground. It was probably just a raccoon or maybe Twist was right after all and a BF came to check his trail camera? I don't know.

Anyway, I had the trail cameras up for over 3 weeks and didn't get as much action as I thought I would or hoped. So I took the trail cameras down and the next day I checked out the deer it was moved about 20 feet over and all ate up. Some of the legs were gone and I didn't see any bone stacking like Big Tree Walker talked about.

33 minutes ago, CMBigfoot said:

It was probably just a raccoon

Your probably right with it being that close to a camera lens four feet up in a tree.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a group of three in my neighborhood that I occasionally see at night wile walking the dog. And you are correct, they are the only canid that will nest in a tree. Their claws are that sharp and configured to allow them to do so. Some folks have them as pets and they are only about half the size of a red fox and weigh in around 6 pounds. Nice looking animals if you like a somewhat scruffy look. The one in your photo actually looks fairly well fed. The ones by me are a little scrawny.

Guest RealityCheck

My experience with trial cams is they do some pretty wonky stuff and many animals are aware of them. 

But the most likely answers for not getting pics of Bigfoot is no Bigfoot to get pics of.

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

That is the logical answer and one I happen to agree with. 

Surprise!!!!!

But, you may be right. So far, you have to be right.