Was It A Suit? (2)

dmaker

Not at all, Sweaty. I have provided an example of a costume that I think portrays non human limb proportions as does the pgf. My contention is that costumes can obfuscate things like limb proportion. As an example I have provided an image from the the LFTBM costume. 

You need to now explain how I am wrong. Instead you choose to say you do not care what I think or say, all while completely refusing to address the main point--how is the limb proportion seen in the LFTBM costume less convincing than the pgf? This should be simple for you to do as you seem very fond of the limb proportion argument. 

Edited by dmaker
SweatyYeti
12 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Sorry, but that is the hallmark of someone who cannot convincingly make their point. 

The images make a pretty strong point. ;)  Hence...your failure to answer my question regarding replicating what is seen in the images. 

Can you replicate the 'arm proportion' seen in the images?

7 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Not at all, Sweaty. I have provided an example of a costume that I think portrays non human limb proportions as does the pgf. My contention is that costumes can obfuscate things like limb proportion. As an example I have provided an image from the the LFTBM costume. 

Are you claiming that the LFTBM image you posted replicates Patty's 'arm proportion'?? 

Edited by SweatyYeti
dmaker

You still need to explain how the limb proportions seen in the LFTBM costume are less convincing than those in the pgf. 

Please try to stay on point. 

Perhaps you could start by explaining in your own words, for the sake of this discussion, what it is about Patty's limb proportions that you find so impossible to replicate?

We can start there, if you would like.

Edited by dmaker
SweatyYeti

^

Again....are you claiming that the LFTBM image you posted replicates Patty's 'arm proportion'?? 

dmaker

I am not. I am saying that the LFRTBM costume (a known and undisputed costume) seems to portray non human limb proportions. And as such, it stands as an example of a costume successfully portraying non human limb proportions. And further, if it can do so, then what makes the pgf so special in it's ability to portray non human limb proportions? Since a known costume can also do so?

I am also further asking you to explain what is special about Patty's "arm proportions" in your own words. 

Edited by dmaker
SweatyYeti
2 minutes ago, dmaker said:

I am not. I am saying that the LFRTBM costume (a known and undisputed costume) seems to portray non human limb proportions. 

Great....then it fails to replicate Patty's 'arm proportion'. Hence...I don't need to discuss, debate...or try to refute....what other 'arm proportion' it does show. 

Again....you lose. :) 

dmaker

Then you agree that the LFTBM costume also displays non human proportions? If not Patty's "arm proportion"? But also I am asking you to explain in your own words what makes Patty's arm proportions so special, so that maybe we can then compare them to the LFTRM costume.

But if you are content to rest your point with the LFTBM costume does indeed portray non human limb proportions, then I am happy to rest my point with if one costume can do it, then so can another.

And if you disagree, you need to prove that beyond some vague references to "Patty's arm proportions".

Just for a visual aid, here is the photo again:

tftbm.jpg

Edited by dmaker
dmaker

For Pete's sake, Sweaty, I have been asking you for a dozen posts now to explain exactly what it is about Patty's "arm proportion" that needs to be replicated.

From there, we can proceed with comparing that to the LFTBM costume. But until you do that, we cannot proceed beyond a mutual agreement that a costume can demonstrate non human limb proportions.

SweatyYeti

^

I'm sorry if you can't see what the images show, dmaker.  

Nonetheless....I am content with your inability to replicate Patty. :) 

Edited by SweatyYeti
dmaker

Images are great, but if you cannot articulate what those images are purported to represent, then you are always going to fail in debate. If all you can do is offer is some vague appeal to the authority of a couple of pictures, then how can you ever expect to support your position when challenged?

My point then stands, a costume, a known costume, can easily seem to portray non human limb proportions. And if that costume can do it, then any costume can do so. Including the PGF.

Sweaty has failed miserably in his attempt to nullify this contention.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1
SweatyYeti

^

I don't need to support my position for the scoffers of the world. 

I will discuss the details, and elaborate on my thinking.....for those who have open minds, and are intellectually honest.  With regards to the skeptics...I haven't seen too many of those types on this forum. 

For the purposes of this forum...in exchanges with internet "skeptics"/scoffers....the images can do the bulk of my talking, for me. I won't waste my time getting into arguments with the likes of you.

As I said....I am content that you cannot replicate Patty's 'arm proportion'. :) 

dmaker
3 minutes ago, SweatyYeti said:

I don't need to support my position for the scoffers of the world. 

Yes, you failed to make your point, ergo skeptics are evil. 

You're not helping your case.

Squatchy McSquatch

Sweaty wants to TALK arm proportions

On a subject that has never been measured.

My late Uncle Larry was 6'4 make a gif of him then we can talk analysis.

Guest Bigfoothunter
2 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Sweaty wants to TALK arm proportions

On a subject that has never been measured.

My late Uncle Larry was 6'4 make a gif of him then we can talk analysis.

That statement is ignorant on a couple of levels. One is its about limb proportion ratios - not about someone\s 6' 4" height.

The other ignorant thing is why would SweatyYeti have images of your uncle Larry so to make Gifs? 

Maybe work on the incoherent Jibber-Jabber so you can talk in an informed way on analysis with SweatyYeti.   

• gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic