Sign in to follow this  
masterbarber

Was It A Suit? (2)

Squatchy McSquatch

Too bad Munns skipped over the lens issue...

• Upvote 1

Backdoc
53 minutes ago, Martin said:

It is not "my" 6ft tall idea. 

Pick any height you like.

53 minutes ago, Martin said:

Grieve said at 16fps it is incompatible with the human model of which he is familiar. 

I am happy to defer to Grieve's expertise for this exercise.

Well if I put a few things together you have said:  

-You said, "I don't really doubt that the PGF was filmed at 18ish fps. "

-You said, "Grieve said at 16fps it is incompatible with the human model of which he is familiar. I am happy to defer to Grieve's expertise for   this exercise."

Grieve said, "the possibility of fakery is ruled out if the speed of the film was 16 or 18 frames per second.) = Patty is a real creature and not a suited human?

It would seem to me unless I am missing something major here your conclusions could only mean Patty- regardless of her height- could not be a man in a suit. The PGF could not be a hoax.

So what have I missed here?

• Upvote 1

Martin

Well I hope you are right Backdoc.

Guest Bigfoothunter
On 9/5/2017 at 3:54 PM, Backdoc said:

Pick any height you like.

Well if I put a few things together you have said:  

-You said, "I don't really doubt that the PGF was filmed at 18ish fps. "

-You said, "Grieve said at 16fps it is incompatible with the human model of which he is familiar. I am happy to defer to Grieve's expertise for   this exercise."

Grieve said, "the possibility of fakery is ruled out if the speed of the film was 16 or 18 frames per second.) = Patty is a real creature and not a suited human?

It would seem to me unless I am missing something major here your conclusions could only mean Patty- regardless of her height- could not be a man in a suit. The PGF could not be a hoax.

So what have I missed here?

You did not miss a thing, Backdoc    :)

Backdoc

Here is a great video of a suit to have a discussion around: 

1) it is a modern suit not a 1967 tech suit

2) while this filming is occurring the people watching have a person they consider an expert telling or Selling them on 'these guys are real'

3) one person's impression is 'that does not look right' about the fur.

Watch for yourself. The lighting (Bright Day) and the distance is similar to the PGF.  Even then, as a viewer you can tell this is fake.  Many of the observers did.  Even with a modern suit better than a 1967 suit it is clear it is fake.

Edited by Backdoc
change context so needed to edit.
  • Upvote 1

Guest Starling
On 18/09/2017 at 9:57 PM, Backdoc said:

Here is a great video of a suit to have a discussion around: 

1) it is a modern suit not a 1967 tech suit

2) while this filming is occurring the people watching have a person they consider an expert telling or Selling them on 'these guys are real'

3) one person's impression is 'that does not look right' about the fur.

Watch for yourself. The lighting (Bright Day) and the distance is similar to the PGF.  Even then, as a viewer you can tell this is fake.  Many of the observers did.  Even with a modern suit better than a 1967 suit it is clear it is fake.

It's also clear that many people are fooled. At least initially. 

Cotter

Glad it didn't take em 50 years to figure it out.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Gorillas don’t have the same limb proportions as human (including Sasquatch). This can make it easier to identify a fake

If the real thing has nearly the same physiology as a regular human being, then it can become very difficult to distinguish between the two, hence the struggle with the PGF. Shallow first impressions are of little to no value. It also makes it imperative that one is careful and unbiased with their analysis, otherwise they could very easily end up supporting the wrong theory. 

We’ve been dealing with a group of people that are biased towards the film being a fake. To give you an example of how bad it is: back in 2015 I posted on the JREF forums the highest quality frames of the PGF that I could find, and ended up getting insults and false accusations like I was dealing with people suffering from emotional trauma. The exact same thing happened to Bill Munns. Long story short: some people aren’t capable of giving this film a fair analysis

Edited by OntarioSquatch

JustCurious

This photo is a great representation of football shoulders, arm extensions and sag lines in an ape suit!

sag lines.jpeg

• Upvote 2

PBeaton

^It's also just funny to recognize a bad suit for what it is...haha ! 

:drinks:

JustCurious

Actually, it's kind of sad.  I've been thinking to myself, WHY is Morris going around saying it was his suit in the PGF.  Every interview since 2000 he's mentioned this as 'fact'.  Nothing prior to that time.  Then I realized, the whole era of ghost show hosts, his old Dr. Evil show and shows that used his costumes are fading from living memory.  He was fast becoming a has-been.  The whole PGF angle is probably an attempt to revive some of his old glory days...or something.  That's all I could come up with.

• Upvote 2

Guest OntarioSquatch

If we’re talking about motivations, I’m very certain that Morris wanted the recognition to boost his reputation. BobH harbours jealousy, and wanted the recognition that BobG has been getting. Both of them saw it as an easy and problem-free opportunity to take credit for something they didn’t do. It’s only the people who have properly done their homework that realize they’re both lying. 

MIB
BFF Donor
14 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

It’s only the people who have properly done their homework that realize they’re both lying. 

Well, yeah.  

It goes a little further: some people have an agenda that NEEDS both to be telling the truth.  Those folks will ignore the homework and perpetuate the lies because the lies support their own disinformation campaign. 

MIB

Guest Bigfoothunter
5 hours ago, MIB said:

Well, yeah.  

It goes a little further: some people have an agenda that NEEDS both to be telling the truth.  Those folks will ignore the homework and perpetuate the lies because the lies support their own disinformation campaign. 

MIB

"Stepping harder with stompers will make deep tracks in the ground that will only allow the same person to walk atop of the ground" is one such an example of this.

21 hours ago, JustCurious said:

Actually, it's kind of sad.  I've been thinking to myself, WHY is Morris going around saying it was his suit in the PGF. 

ANSWER:    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !

Backdoc

Few were more of a die hard skeptic and self professed researcher than Kit.

the guy was very knowledgeable.

Kit did not think Morris had anything to do with any suit in the PGF.

see, even Kit could not be convinced.

Sign in to follow this