Trail Camera Safety Net

hiflier

BFF Patron

Well there is a bit of difference between a shark in salt water, which is a very good conductor of electricity and BF in relatively dry air that is a very good insulator.   When I was a kid I made an arc light that operated using a salt water bath and two electrodes.    The electrodes converted 120AC to power the arc light which was just carbon rods.   The setup would not work without the salt water and electrodes.    How I still have any vision left,   much the less did not electrocute myself after doing stuff like that,   I do not know.   One of the more stupid things I did was to try to make nitroglycerin in High School chemstry class.    I made the stuff then had a hard time figuring how to get rid of it without blowing myself up.   I must not have made the real deal because I probably would have blown us all up if I did.  Nitro is very unstable.      We did find an interesting way to make a fire bomb in an old WWII special operations manual.     If you mix potassium permanganate with glycerin,   it does not do anything for several minutes    Then on its own, it begins a chemical reaction and burns with a very hot fire producing a lot of smoke.    By then a saboteur would be long gone.  It sure smoked up chemistry class.  Now days I would probably be expelled from school for stuff like that.   

Other ideas I have about camera or other triggers are:   Radio Shack used to sell a detector that used ultra sound to detect motion and sound an alarm.      I carried it around and set it up in my hotel rooms.    We had some people attacked, mugged,  and even killed in hotel rooms when I was flying for the airlines.  I think about three times,   someone opened the door on me when I was sleeping.   I have to think some hotels have some shady characters working for them or do not keep good track of the rooms they assign people.      While BF may be able to hear infrasound because of their large size, I really doubt they can hear ultrasound if we can't.   .     Perhaps that might be a way around them seeing IR detectors on game cameras.       Use sound instead of a light source.     Another method is a proximity detector.   You set up an electrostatic field around whatever you want to have as bait, and any large object entering the field will trigger the detector because it changes the field.    Problem with this is that it would have about a 10 foot trigger range.      If IR is the problem,  there are UV led's and sensors.     Try that end of the spectrum and perhaps they cannot see light there?

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

...  One of the more stupid things I did was to try to make nitroglycerin in High School chemstry class.    I made the stuff then had a hard time figuring how to get rid of it without blowing myself up.   I must not have made the real deal because I probably would have blown us all up if I did.  Nitro is very unstable.    ..

The old Gilbert Chemistry Set manual had the directions for nitroglycerin if I remember correctly. It also explained how to make gunpowder. I made lots of gunpowder, since the Pharmacist would sell saltpeter, but not nitric acid (for nitroglycerin).