Redbone

The Chicken Coop Trail Cam Photos

Redbone

A Facebook poster said these came from the Coast to Coast AM website, but I cannot find them there.

I did find them here: http://midnightinthedesert.com/bigfoot-captured-trailcam/

A man in Northern California set up a trail cam on his chicken coop three years ago because he thought foxes were trying to get his chickens.  One night he heard a commotion and went out to see what it was.  When he got to the chicken coop, he thought he saw something big slip away into the darkness.  He checked the trail cam for images, and this is what he captured.  Special thanks to listener Dino for sending us these photos.

Chicken Coop 1.jpgChicken Coop 2.jpg

I haven't tried to examine these with photo software, but I barely think I need to. (EDIT to add animation)

This almost looks like one of these costumes but you can see shoes in one of the photos. Maybe the fake feet didn't fit.

Chicken Coop 1.gif

BF Costume.JPG

Edited by Redbone
  • Upvote 2

gigantor

Redbone, I think you're jumping to conclusions.

I don't see how one can tell it's a costume....

Redbone

Look at the feet in the animation. You can see black boots and a pant cuff.

Carnivore
On 8/5/2017 at 7:22 AM, Redbone said:

Look at the feet in the animation. You can see black boots and a pant cuff.

Although it's certainly (most likely) possible that it may be fake, the poor image quality can cause you to believe you are seeing things that aren't actually present. I remember watching a video posted on here where someone was claiming the subject was wearing a backpack because they saw some type of shapes on its back. The figure clearly didn't have a backpack on, and the "shapes" they were seeing were caused by out of focus branches in the foreground. That instance told me a lot about how badly people can misinterpret what they are looking at in a video. Just as people can "see" certain things to convince themselves it is real, they can also do the same when trying to quickly dismiss an image. 

• Upvote 2

Redbone

From the original image I have worked out some dimensions.

That white tubular thing just to the right of the coop door is a waterer, most likely made from 3 inch PVC. In my original image, this is 12 pixels wide (or really between 11 and 12) so 4 pixels = 1 inch.

There is a margin of error... 11 pixels/3 inches = 3.66 px/in and 12px/3 inches = 4 px/in. I think its somewhere in between.

The legs of the coop are constructed with boards that are 1.5" wide. (just another way to confirm 3.66 to 4 pixels/inch)

The main part of the coop is approximately 32" wide, not counting the nest box or the lower screened area.

The peak of the roof is approximately 56" tall.

The top of the head of our subject to the bottom of the foot is 266 pixels or 66.5" to 72.5". That's 5 1/2 to 6 feet tall.

The eyes are just under 3" apart as best I can tell.

Human dimensions, plus black shoe, plus pant cuff, plus it's head is shaped like a costume we know = hoax.

Chicken Coop 3.jpg

Edited by Redbone

SWWASAS

I cannot tell from the images much about the figure itself other than the eyes look elongated like one would expect with a costume.    But does anyone find it strange that a hoaxer would mess around someones chicken house just to hoax the property owner without fear of getting himself shot?   Rural people have guns and tend to use them when they find something raiding their chicken houses.   If a hoaxer it must have been someone with a death wish.  

BC witness

Unless, SWWASAS, the property owner is in on the hoax.

SWWASAS

Good point!   And if your feet did not fit the costume very well and you had on shoes, then what better way to hide that and the other costume defects than have the subject behind the coop.  Also I think BF raiding a chicken coop would be on the side where the door is.   They seem to deal with doors pretty well.   I am turning into such a cynic about this stuff! 

Wolfjewel

Has anyone seen BF eyes as horizontal slits like in the video? And what's the horizontal white thing in his left hand as he reaches for the coop? That looks strange, if not downright suspicious.

JustCurious

Wolfjewel, that is motion blur.  I did, however, wonder myself about why the hand reflects like that.

OkieFoot

It seems no matter how you look at it, at it, nothing makes much sense.

Why would a stranger put on a Bigfoot costume and trespass onto someone's property and go visit their chicken coop?

I can't imagine the property owner himself visiting his own chicken coop in a Bigfoot costume. (that one really defies logic)

If the property owner himself was in on a hoax with someone else, what would be the purpose of all of it? I'm guessing it probably wasn't the lead story on their local news stations.

The face looks a bit darker than the "fur" around it. Is this how a costume head would appear under a flash? The figure also looks slender, with no bulk to it. A lot of humans could be that size. 

Should there have been more pictures? I thought trail cams could take several pictures as long as something tripped the light. he figure appears slender; there's no bulk to it. 

Carnivore

@OkieFoot

The motivation to do it is really quite simple. Some people enjoy trying to deceive others whether it be just a prank or they get some other type of satisfaction and/or attention from doing it. You ask why a stranger or the property owner would do it? Well the photo has gotten enough attention to be posted on websites and even end up as an object of discussion on here. That is all the motivation a hoaxer needs. They cast their nonsense out into the world and see where it goes.

Also /lol @Redbone thinking he sees a boot and pant cuff in an area of the image that is so degraded that you can't even make out the shape of what would be the feet. Just to be clear, I think the photo is more than likely fake but just because there's a dark patch where the feet should be doesn't mean you should let your mind start filling in blanks. People get so set on proving something one way or another that they are willing to start fabricating details to confirm their belief. 

norseman

The eye glow is a nice touch. If that was out by my chicken coop at midnight? It would meet its maker.

Redbone
48 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

Also /lol @Redbone thinking he sees a boot and pant cuff in an area of the image that is so degraded that you can't even make out the shape of what would be the feet. Just to be clear, I think the photo is more than likely fake but just because there's a dark patch where the feet should be doesn't mean you should let your mind start filling in blanks. People get so set on proving something one way or another that they are willing to start fabricating details to confirm their belief. 

If you can't see the pant cuff then maybe you need a better monitor. I'd say those boots are about size 9. That seems pretty small for a creature called "Bigfoot".

Chicken Coop 4.gif

• Upvote 1