Cotter

How much longer should we wait for a PGF recreation before it's determined it can't be done?

Backdoc
BFF Donor

Smell:

OK Outdoor types help me out here.  When people see bear in the woods does it smell like bear on or before the encounter?   Many eyewitnesses to a claimed Patty encounter claim they smell a foul smell prior to such an encounter in many reports.  Putting bigfoot aside, does this smell thing happen with other animals?  Bear?   Wolves?  and so on.  I know it does not with all animals but does it with some?  

When I encounter deer in my neck of the woods there is no deer smell. I smell to them, but they don't smell to me.  

Bigfoot is reported by many to smell/ stink.  If so, what does this tell us about Bigfoot and the chance to catch one?

Finally I read Roger talked about Patty smelling like a wet dog but I don't know if this was reported when. Was this in reference to prior to first seeing her?  Did Gimlin report a smell?

Edited by Backdoc
changed meaning

SWWASAS

I have yet to smell anything in BF several encounters including the one where I got growled at.    If putting out stink was common,   one would think that making one growl would also produce the stink.   Perhaps where water is available, BF takes baths?    Certainly might help them cool off during hot weather to take a bath.      Had face a face to snout encounter with a bear about 15 to 20 feet away.    Nothing smelled there either.  Watching videos of bears fighting I have seen where they sometimes empty their bowels during a fight.  Maybe when scared enough they sometimes they loose it.    Bear scat during berry season is pretty runny.   I can see where that might easily squirt out when agitated.  Same thing may apply to BF during berry season. 

MIB

Most critters have a detectable odor if you're aware and your senses are attuned.    Bears smell pretty rank at times.   It depends much on what they're eating which varies seasonally.   Elk smell pretty strong.   At times we use their scent when hunting them.   Deer smell .. it's often more subtle, but they have a smell.    Much regarding smell depends on the direction and intensity of the wind.

MIB 

SweatyYeti

Since most all of the threads in this section are now 'closed'....I think I'll post this animation here... 

SasOdy_EarlyFrames_AG2.gif

This animation shows the objects in the 'opening sequence' scene at a few different levels of depth....(not just foreground, and background trees/objects).

I just put it together yesterday....using images from the 'Sasquatch Odyssey' documentary. The version of the film they used is the best-looking version that I've ever seen. 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

^^

SY, that is a good version of the film. It seems to have more color to it; the red foliage stands out more than in other versions. And it's easy to see the sand is not white as snow. ;)

In the part of the sequence when Patty is blocking the view of the bottom of the tree, you can see her butt is noticeably big.

SWWASAS

OkieFoot:   Your comment about the big butt suggests that whoever we are to believe wore the Patty costume must at some point have asked "Does this costume make my butt look big?"   The answer was obviously yes so that eliminates half the population as the costume wearer.    :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Twist
4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

OkieFoot:   Your comment about the big butt suggests that whoever we are to believe wore the Patty costume must at some point have asked "Does this costume make my butt look big?"   The answer was obviously yes so that eliminates half the population as the costume wearer.    :unsure:

No, actually there is zero evidence based on this version of the film that anyone involved in this film asked about butt size.  Comments such as this just muck up the waters and create misdirection in regards to the film itself.   This personal opinion does zero to advance the research of this film.   IMHO.   

• Upvote 2

SweatyYeti

Okiefoot wrote:

SY, that is a good version of the film. It seems to have more color to it; the red foliage stands out more than in other versions. And it's easy to see the sand is not white as snow. ;)

It is a great version, Okie....especially in it's coloring.  :) 

It does show that the ground was a light gray color....not "as white as snow"...

SO_Middle_Frame1.jpg

Bob Heironimus has simply been watching too much tv... ;) ...

LMS_EarlyFrame1.jpg

In the part of the sequence when Patty is blocking the view of the bottom of the tree, you can see her butt is noticeably big.

And a very natural/real round shape to it, also. No "diaper butt" appearance, at all. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

Backdoc
BFF Donor

<deleted by me>

Edited by Backdoc