Cotter

How much longer should we wait for a PGF recreation before it's determined it can't be done?

Bill
On 8/24/2018 at 1:08 PM, SweatyYeti said:

Since most all of the threads in this section are now 'closed'....I think I'll post this animation here... 

SasOdy_EarlyFrames_AG2.gif

This animation shows the objects in the 'opening sequence' scene at a few different levels of depth....(not just foreground, and background trees/objects).

I just put it together yesterday....using images from the 'Sasquatch Odyssey' documentary. The version of the film they used is the best-looking version that I've ever seen. 

Sweaty:

This is an excellent copy, possibly video scanned from a first gen, as it shows far less copy bloom than most copies, and excellent tones and contrast giving the terrain great detail.

Both pictures you posted are cropped in from full frame, and it's a pity they were likely digitized at standard TV resolution for the video, but still, it's an excellent find and I thank you for sharing.

Bill

bipedalist
BFF Donor
6 hours ago, OldMort said:

marx.gif.c8c81d2482f82193e966c1f2cb763561.gif

Olympic Nordic skier wannabe fail!   Nice try though with the black tights!

Edited by bipedalist

OldMort

It sure fooled me LoL! :) 

A major PGF proponent ( the source of this clip) claimed that it was allegedly footage taken at Bluff Creek by Ivan Marx!

I must be too open minded....

SweatyYeti
11 hours ago, Bill said:

Sweaty:

This is an excellent copy, possibly video scanned from a first gen, as it shows far less copy bloom than most copies, and excellent tones and contrast giving the terrain great detail.

Both pictures you posted are cropped in from full frame, and it's a pity they were likely digitized at standard TV resolution for the video, but still, it's an excellent find and I thank you for sharing.

Bill

You're welcome, Bill. :)  Thanks for posting your thoughts, on this version of the film. 

I was amazed when I first saw this version...in the 'Sasquatch Odyssey' documentary. The sharpness, and especially the color quality of it was much better/truer than any other version I had ever seen. 

I would think it has to be a copy made from the original reel. What is interesting about the documentary 'Sasquatch Odyssey'...is that it also contains high-quality versions of video clips seen in "Bigfoot: Man or Beast"...(1972).  The video clips are interviews of Grover Krantz, and Janos Prohaska.

So, I've always wondered how the producers of 'Sas.Ody.' were able to obtain these high-quality versions of film footages which were shot back in, or before 1972. 

One major disappointment though, with the Sas. Ody. version of the film....is that the 'opening segment' it contains is very short...and doesn't start from the actual beginning of the film. I would love to see this level of quality, in the opening frames of the PGF. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

Here is a better version of that 'Sasquatch Odyssey opening frames' animated-gif...

Sas-Ody-Early-Frames-AG3.gif

I rotated one of the frames slightly....and adjusted the alignment, so that the far background trees are better aligned between the two frames....(more-so in the middle of the images.)

• Upvote 1

Twist
8 hours ago, OldMort said:

It sure fooled me LoL! :) 

A major PGF proponent ( the source of this clip) claimed that it was allegedly footage taken at Bluff Creek by Ivan Marx!

I must be too open minded....

:lol::lol: 

Backdoc
BFF Donor

Here is a shaky quality 'News magazine' type video with some good stuff in it.

Notice at 11:55 they actually get a store purchased suit and try to do a Patty walk.

Interviews here with Bob Heironimus where as usual he talks out of both sides of his mouth appear on here as well as John Green stuff.

Shooter

I'm thinking the BBC offered 10 million a couple of years ago to anyone who could duplicate the PGF film. As far as I can remember not one film studio picked up the prize!!!

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

^^

Shooter, if that is correct that's very interesting. With the obvious thought being if a couple of unsophisticated cowboys, without much money, could pull of the PGF, then surely a studio, with more money and expertise, could duplicate it.

What makes this thought very interesting is two movie studios actually did view the film and said they could not duplicate it and here we are 50+ years later and the film still hasn't been duplicated. 

If all Roger did was put a human in a suit, why couldn't a movie studio do the same thing and duplicate the film?  

I would say the BBC is in no danger of having to fork over the money. ;)

Edited by OkieFoot

OldMort
4 hours ago, Shooter said:

I'm thinking the BBC offered 10 million a couple of years ago to anyone who could duplicate the PGF film. As far as I can remember not one film studio picked up the prize!!! 

Please cite your source for this "information".

SWWASAS

I think it is not duplicating the film that is the question it is duplicating the costume that has not been done.     Even with a real BF actor,  duplication of the film would would still be difficult because of changes to the actual location since 1967.    

Backdoc
BFF Donor

Duplicating 'Patty' money and benchmarks.

Making the $$$ amount high enough would naturally bring out more people to attempt it.  Most won't pick up a penny on the ground but nearly everyone bends over to pick up a dollar. In order to have any serious people attempt this just for money alone you would need:

-A certified amount of money to exist in an amount high enough to generate the interest.  I have never seen where a million or so was ever offered but I could be wrong there.

-reasonable recreation benchmarks to be met which then- if met- declare the person the winner.  (This avoids the idea of the judge keeping their money by declaring a near perfect match a failed attempt)

Patty is a very unique case though.  There have been famous creature effects people on TV to give opinions about it.  Some of these effects people make the claim Patty is a hoax.  A few go farther and are so dismissive of Patty they say how she is this awful hoax, one that would be super easy to do.  Stan Winston goes on about how a member of his team would be fired for coming up with such a junky costume and it could be done easily today for $200.

I just don't get it.  James Randi shows how to bend spoons suggesting Uri Gehler is doing it by the same trick and not by psychic power.    I can't imagine if James Randi went on a few TV shows and said, "It looks like a trick to me and it would be really easy to do" but then failed to do it.  Why we accept this with a Patty suit it beyond me.

Backdoc
BFF Donor

Just watched "Bigfoot" on Netflix last night.  

I saw it a few years back and it is even better seeing it as a more informed viewer.   This video features several interviews and a good discussion and finally an attempt in the end to do a fake suit.  Many may remember seeing it before as this is the video showing a man playing a drum set in the wilderness in an effort to peak bigfoot's curiosity.

The Video or production quality is great quality BUT when they show the PGF the PGF is really a bad copy.  Each showing is blurry which really hurts the viewers impression of the PGF.  This is very damaging to the PGF discussion.  The show wasn't all about the PGF but if one was not too familiar with it, they would probably think it was pretty blurry.

They do a suit attempt at the end of the film.  It is pretty decent.  Still, one of the people on the show states, "It looks like a guy walking in an ape suit"   They use very long hair to cover it's flaws.  I would say it was near a Gilly Suit level of long hair.  Still you can tell it's a man.

I would encourage others to take a peek at this one on Netflix.

Twist

^^ I watched that a few weeks ago myself. Pretty entertaining but I agree, their suit fell way short of convincing.  

Backdoc
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, Twist said:

^^ I watched that a few weeks ago myself. Pretty entertaining but I agree, their suit fell way short of convincing.  

Also saw a show with Todd Standing.  He had films of what he said is Bigfoot.  Seemed fake to me but I had never heard of him before that even though I am sure he is well known on the BFF.

i had many reasons why it seemed fake but I would still keep an open mind.  Anyone with a useful link on Standing on the Bff threads?