Cotter

How much longer should we wait for a PGF recreation before it's determined it can't be done?

salubrious

Last year and this I road my bike on a mountain bike route known as the Tour Divide, also as the GDMTBR. The Canadian and Montana portions can be quite remote. That old saw about 'does a bear -?' Well in Canada a bear does it on the roads.  How could a scientist be that wrong about something like that?? The PNW is not a wasteland- far from it!

The best tour divide video I've seen so far. Pay attention to the backgrounds in the Canada and Montana portions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfffJ8RsOlI

Twist

I'm in no way defending whatever scientist this was that was wrong about the NW landscape.  I just find it extreme to take offense to her wrongness / opinion of the subject to the point of saying you want to embarrass them.  Especially when said person is appearing on a show made for entertainment.  

As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks.  

xspider1

Just because a television show is made for entertainment, that doesn't excuse a 'Scientist' (or, anyone else) from being wrong and making false statements.  There's not enough food for a large animal to live in the Pacific Northwest!?  lol   The bubble of misinformation that some (otherwise fairly intelligent) people live in, boggles the mind.

some-PNW-animals.jpg

https://www.nwtrek.org/

Edited by xspider1
  • Upvote 2

SweatyYeti
On 8/3/2017 at 9:04 PM, Twist said:

Why would it be senseless for a "big dog"

not to create a costume that's Patty like?  

Why would they take any interest in anything but that which makes them money???

The PGF is only a big deal to proponents, there is no general consensus amongst the US population that Patty is some benchmark that a suit designer would use to excercise their skill.  

And to you....and Squatchy....and kitakaze....and the rest of the gang, who cannot seem to tear themselves away from these discussions. :drinks: 

...there is no general consensus amongst the US population that Patty is some benchmark that a suit designer would use to excercise their skill.  

Tell that to the documentary producers, who pay handsomely for the use of the PGF. ;) 

And...tell that to all of the skeptics who have praised the PGF subject's realism...over the years....and, to the rest of the population, who have been scratching their heads, for many years....trying to figure out exactly what the filmed subject is/was. 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch

I can't tear myself away from these discussions? Lmao! Dude I only have 1710 posts spread out over 5 years.  Hardly an obsession.

How much of the population-- outside of this subforum -- do you think is scratching their heads over the PGF?

The consensus in the real world is that it was a hoax. 

I understand things work a bit differently in Sweatyland but talk must be cheap. Because you do an awful lot of it.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 2

norseman
8 hours ago, xspider1 said:

Just because a television show is made for entertainment, that doesn't excuse a 'Scientist' (or, anyone else) from being wrong and making false statements.  There's not enough food for a large animal to live in the Pacific Northwest!?  lol   The bubble of misinformation that some (otherwise fairly intelligent) people live in, boggles the mind.

some-PNW-animals.jpg

https://www.nwtrek.org/

Well, I too see a problem there. 

If as a primate Sasquatch is a omnivore? What does it do in winter? Does it hibernate like a bear? Does it hunt like a cougar? Does it chew on deciduous trees and shrubs like a moose?

And where is the evidence that it is out hunting and foraging in the snowy landscape? Or does all the population migrate to the ocean?

Martin
22 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

My take?    She stated a large animal could not survive in the Wilds of the Pacific Northwest just because there is not sufficient food sources.        Any idiot bear hunter knows that is not true.     And it certainly would be news to the Native American tribes who thrived in the region.  The only one that should be embarrassed is her.     

It would be negligent of me not to mention that in order for bears to reach their caloric needs the are often in direct contact with humans.

This year alone 34 bears have been shot in the Denver area because of conflict with humans. 

SWWASAS

All good questions Norseman but I think our data base people have the answer to the hibernation question.      I have had contact in November so I doubt that hibernation is at play at least in the PNW.   The bears caloric needs reach a frenzy in the fall and that is often the time where there is conflict with humans.    Humans and bears have mutual interest in fall berries and a bears need to store up fat for the hibernation so they may venture into human habitation areas.       Part of the bear problem in Colorado and elsewhere is humans pushing into their habitat.       On the West side of the Cascades the snow level rarely goes below 2000.    And when it does it melts soon.   I think BF stay near the snow level during the winter, wherever that takes them as far as migration.     The deer seem to do the same thing West of the Cascades.   One may be the reason for the other.    Anyway there are enough leafy plants that do not lose leaves in the winter West of the Cascades for deer so if BF eats that sort of plant material it is available.    I see deer eating leafy stuff in my yard all winter.   My grass is also green all winter.    I have to mow at least once a month during the winter season.   Also I have seen reports of BF pulling up tubers and eating them.    The Native Americans in the region ate a lot of tubers too.  Lewis and Clark commented how bitter and nasty some of that stuff was.     And then there are the Salmon and Steelhead runs too.  

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti
2 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

I can't tear myself away from these discussions? Lmao! Dude I only have 1710 posts spread out over 5 years.  Hardly an obsession.

And how many posts over on "JREF"/ISF....in Bigfoot/PGF related threads?? :popcorn:

Also....why would you ever bother attempting to make a suit comparable to Patty....if the PGF wasn't a "big deal" to you? ;) 

How much of the population-- outside of this subforum -- do you think is scratching their heads over the PGF?

Many people scratch their heads over/wonder, what the film shows. It has been an ongoing controversy....worldwide....for the last 50 years. 

That controversy exists for one reason....the film subject's significant 'degree of realism'/ambiguity.  Something 'men in suits' simply do not have....(when viewed under conditions comparable to the PGF).

I understand things work a bit differently in Sweatyland but talk must be cheap. Because you do an awful lot of it.

That's all you do. :lol: 

I have physical analysis....in addition to my 'talk' on the forum. :) 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

xspider1
13 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

I can't tear myself away from these discussions? Lmao! Dude I only have 1710 posts spread out over 5 years.  

So, you are averaging just 1 post per day for 1,710 days!   That's not too bad really. And, there's no worry at all that any devout PGf doubter could not suddenly quit arguing about it (we just haven't seen that happen) !  :wink:   

Also, very good points above, SWWASAS!

Edited by xspider1

roguefooter

So now that Kitikaze is banned, would it be wrong for me to come forward with his sources?

I noticed the 3 confessions thread is closed now for some reason.  Kit told me a while back who his 'third source' was- the one who I assume broke the news to him about the Patty suit being in DeAtley's house, etc. I was supposed to call this person and talk to them and verify his story, but he never gave me their contact information. I have yet to speak to the person (frankly because I'm terrible when it comes to interviews), but I did eventually find the person's contact information. Is the person directly tied to the film? Kinda sorta. They would probably have direct knowledge of what went on during that time. Kit did say that when certain people died that the hoax story would come forward. Kit feared if the person's name got in the wrong hands that this person could be harassed and jeopardize the whole thing (including the suit). One thing I noticed is that people surrounding the Patterson film don't seem to take it all that seriously- at least not to the point of taking any kind of drastic measures like 'destroying evidence' or worrying about some kind of conspiracy being revealed. I think that's just a lot of overreacting. 

Anyways, it would be interesting to hear what the person has to say, but I'm just not the person for the job. Maybe someone would like to be the 'interviewer' and make the call?  Or should I just zip the lip and let it be?

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 2

SweatyYeti

^

I would be interested in contacting, and interviewing this person, rogue. 

I am still planning on investigating kit's 'Patty suit' claim....outside of the forum, for the most part. :) 

So now that Kitikaze is banned, would it be wrong for me to come forward with his sources?

It wouldn't be wrong, at all, to pass along any and all information which kit has revealed. 

kit has not acted in a respectful, or honorable manner....with regards to the Patterson Film, or with regards to Bigfoot proponents. So, why the heck should he be given any respect....or any promises made to him be honored....with regards to information being kept secret??

As a matter of fact....I'm thinking of revealing kit's last name, on the forum. :) 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

OntarioSquatch

If someone wants to claim the PGF is a hoax, then they should present well-thought-out reasons for why they believe so. Unlike certain members of the ISF, we don't have a pre-conceived bias against any particular outcome. In other words, if the film is a hoax, then we'll be able to accept it if presented with the right reasoning

roguefooter

Okay Sweaty, give me a bit and I'll send you a PM.

xspider1

Hey, RF!  It's good to see you posting again.   8 )  

• Upvote 1