Cotter

How much longer should we wait for a PGF recreation before it's determined it can't be done?

SWWASAS

Wow I thought you had been on the forum long enough to have seen the Todd Standing saga.     Most the threads related to him would be locked in the archives by now.    My take on him is that he likely had authentic encounters at some point.   His ambition was to become a TV or video celebrity similar to Les Stroud in Survivor Man so similarly TS started making videos with the intent get them on a network to make money.       Standing even appeared in the Les Stroud Survivorman Bigfoot series for a couple of episodes.  Unfortunately BF does not perform on demand and Standings video material quickly dried up.   At that point he seems to have gotten creative and his credibility suffered as a result.     He at one point suckered in Meldrum and they appear in one or two video episodes.    Standings appearance at one Sasquatch Summit where he tried to get Meldrum's endorsement  can only be described as embarrassing for all.    His passage from credible researcher to suspected hoaxer I find quite tragic in that it did not need to happen.     He could have made his videos and incorporated reenactments just like Finding Bigfoot did and not trashed his credibility.    All he had to do was say that some parts of his videos were reenactments or recreation of actual events rather than try to pass them off as real.   That way if his video productions were entertaining enough,  he could have met his ambitions to be a video producer and celebrity.    .    

Edited by SWWASAS

bipedalist
5 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Also saw a show with Todd Standing.  He had films of what he said is Bigfoot.  Seemed fake to me but I had never heard of him before that even though I am sure he is well known on the BFF.

i had many reasons why it seemed fake but I would still keep an open mind.  Anyone with a useful link on Standing on the Bff threads?

The best useful link on Standing is covered in archives and also here, I would encourage all who care to comment on his veracity to check this stuff out first. 

http://squatchdetective.weebly.com/todd-standing--sylvanic.html    It is compact, accurate and reproduced by a private investigator and BF researcher, Steve Kulls, used to be a mod or admin on this site too

Researching his site can keep you from getting sucked in to a ton of bad actors in the BF world. 

Backdoc

Didn’t want to open a can of worms there.   I’ll check out the link.    

Lets move on