7+ Feet Tall Skeleton Displayed In Selma Alabama Restaurant

That will work!!! I'll get unblock directions from a mod later. I did that awhile back when I had my hissy fit over your Firefly thread. I'm sure some folks have me blocked on here too but I rarely ever PM people to even know and do not know how to add friends. Ignorance is bliss , I suppose. They really need a "how to" thread on here.

I'm sorry about how the posting sounded after I re-read it.I did not realize how it sounded until I re-read it. When cancer reoccurs they hit the cancer with everything they have. If the patient is strong enough to survive the chemo( which is cancer cell destroyer drugs ) then there is hope. That was my job. I did that for a living. I did not mean for it to sound the way it did. I was surprised when I re-read it, and tried to explain and change it but the mods shut it down/

I never had a chance to apologize, nor change what was posted.

You are a nurse, correct, do you know much about chemo?

I wish I had never touched the stuff and had requested to work on another unit but the senior people thought that my nature and personality would be good for the patients. 3 years of hell. Crying everynight.

I hope never to see a cancer unit again.

Here is the back story that Susie was referring to:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/14314

Major Grumbles - Indian Skeleton

Back in the late '70s through most of the '80s I worked for the original owners of the restaurant, and long before Mortimer sat in major Grumbles, he was a fixture in the Warehouse, which was a night club located next door to the restaurant.

We would dress him in whatever holiday regalia was appropriate, and when no holidays were being celebrated he was draped in the Confederate flag.

Mortimer came to the Strickland family from an old doctor there in Selma when he closed his practice, we even had him cleaned and rewired a time or two. Was said to be from a local Indian tribe but don't recall what the name was. [Rick Goicoa, 10/15/2009]

Major Grumbles - Indian Skeleton

Major Grumbles is a local favorite restaurant in Selma, Alabama serving American fare with a relaxed atmosphere. Strangely enough though, they display a 7 foot Indian skeleton draped in a Confederate flag resting comfortably on a barrel. People seem to ignore the skeleton in favor of the decidedly delicious cuisine. [Joseph Keller, 12/18/2006]

How did you find that info? I searched everywhere! :blush: Well, considering my only computer lesson was "How To Turn On and Off the Computer" I feel like I've come a long way, baby :blink:

The info I sent is my home number. I'm usually here at the house.I sent my cell phone number,(666) I have it if I'm going to be out and about.

I so hope that we can finally lay this question I've had now for years about exactly what type or who this skeleton is.

:rolleyes: Well, It's Sunday. The path lab is closed.

Hubby just told me that no one we know is still there. Thanks to Jodie's post we do know that the skeleton was real at one time.

All is well Jodie. I was just really tired last night.

It would be amazing to have the skeleton story verified. I have told this story for years, and have have had no way of verifying the story.

Hubby and I really did talk to the physician who was given the skeleton.

Due to our interest we may see that poor skeleton buried in peace.

I hated the way the skeleton was treated. They did dress him/her up for holidays.

I'm contacting the person who mentioned the drive to return Indian remains to their rightful place.

Selma will be about 4 counties south of where I'm going so it'll be out of my way, but if Susie's friend says it doesn't have "Taiwan" stamped on it somewhere I'll take the extra time to drive down and have a look. Maybe they would let me have a tiny fragment, possibly measure the skull and long bones, have a look at the pelvis.

I'd give my eye teeth(whatever they are)to be able to meet you there.

I'm so proud of you and humbled that you would spend your time and money researching this skeleton.

The knowledge about the skeleton, seeing it draped over a chair, dressed up for holidays, just really has bothered me since we first saw it,and discussed it with the physician who had been given it as payment for a medical debt. We left there over 20 years ago.

*** The skull*** looked a little odd to me.

I thought back then that it could be due to the Indian ancestry.

The bones are just amazingly long. It's not something a person would ever forget.

Finally I'll have some closure on if this is a young BF, or an Indian who needs to be returned home to his people.

Thank you Jodie.

Due to our interest we may see that poor skeleton buried in peace.

I hated the way the skeleton was treated. They did dress him/her up for holidays.

I'm contacting the person who mentioned the drive to return Indian remains to their rightful place.

I sure hope not. If the townsfolk haven't minded for all these years and if the indian story is true and no one has made a fuss, then what would be the big deal? It is a piece of Americana and we are unfortunately losing so much as the years go by.

Well I am extremely curious and love a mystery, it's about an hour and a half from B'ham. As I'm heading to Guin, I'll just detour from there down I-65 S. I also contacted Watch 1 to see if his group, the Alabama Bigfoot Research group, has looked into this before. I'm waiting to hear back from him.

Even if this isn't some ancient hominid, what if it is an Indian? You know they never could find the exact location of Mauville where Tuscaloosa set up the ambush for DeSoto. It's supposed to be somewhere in that area. Wouldn't it be cool if this was one of Cheif Tuscaloosa's warriors!!! We may be able to figure out where the battle site was if I can get more info on what farm this skeleton was found on.......

Yes, if those skeleton's crumbled that might explain why they can't be found, any found since would likely do the same and possibly not be reported if found by someone like me that happened to be digging for some other reason. I'm trying not get too excited until I know for sure it's not something made in Taiwan or China.

Yes, if those skeleton's crumbled that might explain why they can't be found, any found since would likely do the same and possibly not be reported if found by someone like me that happened to be digging for some other reason. I'm trying not get too excited until I know for sure it's not something made in Taiwan or China.

Jodie, I am positive that it was real 20+ years ago. You will be impressed when you see it. I can't wait to hear from you. Please don't lose my phone numbers! *Use the home number first because that is where I usually can be found.*

***Jodie, If you tell the people that the bones could be from a BF and if true that they would be worth a fortune, the owners may give you free range in your examination of the skeleton along with a bone fragment.****

******It is worth trying :ph34r: and it would be true if they turned up as unknown hominid***

I am so excited to have some verification about the bones history, and to see if they could be from a young BF instead of a NA.

**Also, Due to these postings it is possible that these remains can be returned to where they belong if they are NA as purported..**

Well I am extremely curious and love a mystery, it's about an hour and a half from B'ham. As I'm heading to Guin, I'll just detour from there down I-65 S. I also contacted Watch 1 to see if his group, the Alabama Bigfoot Research group, has looked into this before. I'm waiting to hear back from him.

Even if this isn't some ancient hominid, what if it is an Indian? You know they never could find the exact location of Mauville where Tuscaloosa set up the ambush for DeSoto. It's supposed to be somewhere in that area. Wouldn't it be cool if this was one of Cheif Tuscaloosa's warriors!!! We may be able to figure out where the battle site was if I can get more info on what farm this skeleton was found on.......

I suspect that the old timers in Selma may be able to fill in these unknown questions, plus check out the Selma Newspaper headquarters. ** I so wish that I could go with Jodie to explore all of these possibilities.** :(