7+ Feet Tall Skeleton Displayed In Selma Alabama Restaurant

I heard from the pediatrician today. This story is just getting more and more bizarre as I go along. This is the back story for why he thinks this is great great grandfather:

GG Grandfather was a minister and judge and died suddenly while he was away from home. This minister was supposedly 6'6". The family ended up having to bury him away from home and the physician who pronounced him dead wanted to do an autopsy. The family refused the autopsy but rumor has it that he went back and dug this minister up and did the autopsy anyway. Instead of reburying him he kept him and used the skeleton in his office. This was the first clue the family has ever had as to what physician might have taken the remains of the minister all those years ago.

Anyway, he wants to talk to the owner of Grumble's alley and I suggested he make a trip to do an examination for himself. After he found out that I thought it was a hodge podge of different people's bones he wasn't so enthusiastic about doing the DNA analysis. I told him if he still wants the toe I'll be happy to provide it but he will have to make arrangements for shipping. If he would rather arrange for the DNA analysis here in South Carolina then I don't mind delivering the toe bone to a local lab. I doubt I ever hear back from him again.

• 1 month later...

The story keeps going and going, now a site for auctions is carrying the story. I also heard from the owner who wants the toe bone back, unfortunately she thought because it was an antique anatomy skeleton that it didn't count as human remains.....I'm going to order a replacement toe bone from a medical supply company and have it sent to back.

In the mean time, the story made it to Anniston, AL. where I lived for 16 years. I worked at the local hospital there when I was a new graduate right out of college. Several of my old friends and co-workers have gotten back in touch with me, I'm thrilled to hear from everyone after all this time. :)

http://acn.liveauctioneers.com/index.php/features/antiques/4959-new-answers-in-mystery-of-restaurants-skeleton

Is there any hopes now of having DNA analysis on the toe? I want to know whose it is now!

Not unless the pediatrician wants to pay for it, it's just a hodge podge of different people's bones so it wouldn't do any good to do the analysis.

Yeah Right, NA's filed a court claim over a visually obvious Frankensteined-together Study Skeleton. thumbsup.gif

I believe Susie on this one.

Somewhere along the way, a switch was made.

Wasn't the first time and won't be the last. By whom, its anybody's guess...

Edited by PragmaticTheorist