Roger C. Patterson

SweatyYeti

Since Roger Patterson produced the 'Bigfoot(?) Film of the Century'....and, he was a Veteran of the Korean War....(and this being Memorial Day weekend)....I thought I'd start a thread in his name...as a Memorial of what he accomplished, in his life. :)

Patty350B.jpg

Patty72RogerFootWidened2.jpg

PattyFr307Fr311ElbowJointLocAG9.gif

A picture of Roger's grave marker...

RogerPattersonPlaque.jpg

A link to the webpage where the image came from...

Search For Bigfoot's Page

I think the evidence is showing more strongly, as time goes on, that this Film is a legitimate film of a Sasquatch...and, if it is...it's the greatest piece of 'wildlife footage' ever shot.

And...in the sad event, that it isn't....it's still a great achievement...because nobody has come anywhere near producing a comparable film, as realistic as this one....in 43 years, and counting.

So, in either case...."A job well done, Roger...my 'hat's off to you'! ;)

You were the one...who had made it so clear....All Those Years Ago...

Edited by SweatyYeti
SweatyYeti

To the greatest piece of wildlife footage !

Cheers !

Pat...

I'll 'second' that notion, Pat! :) My thinking is leaning much more in that direction, these days.

I don't plan on loading this thread up, with graphics/images....but, here are a couple I'd like to post....because I think they provide very strong evidence that Patty is not a 'guy-in-a-suit'...

In this first one....I recently found 2 Frames which show Patty's arm in just about the same position...(mostly) straight down, and close to the body....(there's no 'fore-shortening' of the arm)....and, with a slight bend in the arm...

C8F349F372ElbowLocAG3.gif

The bend in the arm appears to be quite low, along the body. Pretty much at the level of the hip-joint, actually.

I took one of those Frames...(FR372)...from the M.K. Davis stabilized animated-gif....(it's a little 'smoother' looking than the 'Copy 8' images)...and combined it with another Frame..(Frame 362)....to produce this AG of the arm bending...

Frame362Fr372ElbowLocationAG2.gif

And....that low placement for the elbow-joint is supported by Frame 90...

Frame90A.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
Guest parnassus

This thread is inappropriate at best.

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. My best friend's father was killed in Korea. Patterson was not only not killed, he was never in combat: he was a gymnast/showman.

Veterans Day is November 11.

Edited by parnassus
SweatyYeti

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. My best friend's father was killed in Korea. Patterson was not only not killed, he was never in combat: he was a gymnast/showman.

Thanks for pointing out the distinction between the Veteran's Holidays, parn. I have to admit...I didn't think of that, when I created the thread.

But, I had already thought about creating this thread, a couple of weeks ago....because, as I wrote in the Opening post.....Roger produced the 'Bigfoot (?) Film of the Century'. 'Real' of 'Hoax'....it is one impressive....and unique piece of footage.

And, since this 'Patterson Film' section has many threads....covering the Film from every conceivable angle...I thought it would be appropriate to have ONE thread devoted to the man who created it. :)

Guest Fister Crunchman

And, since this 'Patterson Film' section has many threads....covering the Film from every conceivable angle...I thought it would be appropriate to have ONE thread devoted to the man who created it. :)

While Parn's point is a good one, as Sweaty acknowledges, Sweaty is right to give the Forums one thread devoted to the man Roger Patterson.

Roger was a special guy, that's my hunch. I certainly don't mean good, in a moral or Christian sense, but special as in one who burns very bright and for a short life with a singular creative energy and focus. He was worth two dozen Longs or DeAtleys for me whatever their wordly accomplishments, for example. Even on the evidence of Long's book, which sets out to denigrate him, Roger shines out for the way he inspired fascination and loyalty from people, even those whom he did not treat well.

Sweaty, I hope others will join in giving their thoughts about Roger and I hope the sum of the comments will make a good counterweight to Greg Long's denigration of Roger Patterson in 'The Making of Bigfoot'.

Fister

Edited by Fister Crunchman

The impression I get was that he was unique, determined, multi-talented and unconventional but not in the style of the times. I wish I could have met him.

SweatyYeti

While Parn's point is a good one, as Sweaty acknowledges, Sweaty is right to give the Forums one thread devoted to the man Roger Patterson.

Roger was a special guy, that's my hunch. I certainly don't mean good, in a moral or Christian sense, but special as in one who burns very bright and for a short life with a singular creative energy and focus. He was worth two dozen Longs or DeAtleys for me whatever their wordly accomplishments, for example.

Even on the evidence of Long's book, which sets out to denigrate him, Roger shines out for the way he inspired fascination and loyalty from people, even those whom he did not treat well.

Sweaty, I hope others will join in giving their thoughts about Roger and I hope the sum of the comments will make a good counterweight to Greg Long's denigration of Roger Patterson in 'The Making of Bigfoot'.

Fister

Thank you for your thoughtful post, Fister. :) I agree that Roger was a special person....the Film itself is a testament to that, IMO.

He certainly did have a creative mind....he was an 'inventor', of sorts. Even though he didn't have much success, at that...he at least thought that way....'outside the box'. 'Inventing' is, by definition...thinking 'outside' that which already exists.

So, maybe that character trait went hand-in-hand with him being open-minded to the possibility of Bigfoot's existence.

I haven't read any of Long's book....(I can't get past the 'reviews' of it, on Amazon... :lol: )...but, it sounds like it might be worth reading, for the parts you mentioned...that show Roger's positive aspects.

Guest Blackdog

He certainly did have a creative mind....he was an 'inventor', of sorts. Even though he didn't have much success, at that...he at least thought that way....'outside the box'. 'Inventing' is, by definition...thinking 'outside' that which already exists.

So, maybe that character trait went hand-in-hand with him being open-minded to the possibility of Bigfoot's existence.

But definitely not creative enough or enough of an inventor or an outside the box thinker to pull off a hoax?

Maybe you better pull back a tad on your adulation's. :P

rmac-69

But definitely not creative enough or enough of an inventor or an outside the box thinker to pull off a hoax?

This reminds me of the old saying, "Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one and everyone thinks the other person's stinks worse than there's". :P:D

BTW, whether or not Roger was a good guy or not. He definately gave us one of the most contraversial piece's of BF footage that anyone has ever seen. Way to go Roger.

Edited by rmac-69
SweatyYeti

To a 'job well done'... :D ...

PattyCalfFlexAG3.gif

CalfflexAG4.gif

rmac-69 wrote:

BTW, whether or not Roger was a good guy or not. He definately gave us one of the most contraversial piece's of BF footage that anyone has ever seen. Way to go Roger.

:)

norseman

Is not Memorial day extended to all loved ones lost? Have you ever put flowers on a loved one's grave during Memorial day?

I think most people do. So far from being inappropriate, this thread is simply a person honoring someone whom they respect that has passed away........ :huh:

SweatyYeti

Is not Memorial day extended to all loved ones lost? Have you ever put flowers on a loved one's grave during Memorial day?

I think most people do. So far from being inappropriate, this thread is simply a person honoring someone whom they respect that has passed away........ :huh:

Thank you, norseman... :) Considering the fact that this section of the Forum is called the "Patterson-Gimlin Film"....and, Roger was the person who actually shot the Film.....I thought that there should be one thread which bears Roger's full name...(first and last, anyway)...in the title...and, is devoted to the man himself.

I cannot think of a more appropriate subject for a thread.....relating to the "Patterson Film". :)

And parnassus' statement...

....is inappropriate....at best. ;)

I know that the Roger Patterson haters won't like this but I'm going to post it anyway.

From Roger's book.

Dedicated too -

.... To the young at heart who seldom say "impossible."

.... To the adventurer who doesn't stop at the foothills, but penetrates deep into the forest.

.... To the individualist who has enough fortitude to stand up for what he thinks is right.

.... To all of those who seek the truth no matter what the cost.

He who seeketh long enough and hard enough will find the truth, whatever that truth may be.

I honestly think that it is a sad situation when people become so cynical that they will stop at nothing to kick a man who would write this when he cannot defend himself and say the kind of things that have been said about a man that they never met.

I can understand being objective and I can understand critical thinking but I cannot understand the cynicism.

Now, stay tuned for some of them to jump in and make their stabs.

• gigantor unlocked this topic